GSP vs. Daley/Koscheck?

gleebs19

Rumor has it that the winner of Paul Daley vs. Josh Koscheck at UFC 113 on May 8th will face off against GSP in The Ultimate Fighter 12. The only way this should happen is if Koscheck wins. In my opinion, Paul Daley needs one more fight to prove himself and why not have it against the most recent title contender Dan Hardy? Daley-Hardy would make for one exciting stand-up brawl. Koscheck has also evolved much as a fighter since his past fight with GSP. He submitted Anthony Johnson, ran through Frank Trigg, and knocked out Yoshiuki Yoshida. Koscheck should get the next shot if he wins and if he doesn't win I would love to see Jake Shields in there immediately. Even though he has something like 50 days "no touch" policy on his current Strikefarce contract. What do you think should happen?

the UFC obviously wants to really hype up Sheilds since hes strikeforces middleweight champion and they have him now' date=' so they want to give him a title shot soon. So why don't they just make Sheilds vs. Kos/Daley for #1 contender?[/quote']

It would put WAY too much time between GSP's fights. They want him back in there soon to make his name entertaining again.

I wouldn't have a problem with Kos getting a title shot if he wins. I think Daley should have to fight 1 maybe 2 more fights. Daley vs Alves would be sick!!! As for Shields, I don't think he should get a title shot his first fight. I'm just wondering what weight class he will start off in. Yeah he just fought at 185, but he is a natural 170. Either way, I think you throw him in the deep end right away, maybe against Fitch/Alves/Hardy or Marquart/Sonnen/Belfort.

Paul Daley and Dan Hardy aren't ever going to fight. They are team mates and come from the same camp. If you want to see them fight just attend one of their sparring sessions, I'm sure they won't mind. But in the cage, those two won't fight each other. IMO, no one is ready for GSP at 170.

I've been flamed before for this opinion' date=' but no way should Shield's walk in to an automatic title shot. If Daly beats Kos, he is still a fight away from a shot imo. If Kos beats Daly he should get a shot.[/quote']

true...and shields v fitch

what i can see happening is if daley wins at 113 and alves wins at 115 then shields should get the shot off the bat being that hes the most ready out of them all. if fitch wins then give him the shot at gsp and give shields a fight against kos or alves and have daley fight thiago or alves (if shields fights kos)

I think that it would be cool seeing Paul Daley on the show because of his attitude but he probably wouldnt be the best coach because he has no ground game. But they dont normally pick TUF coaches based on how good of a coach they are like Rampage Jackson. Fighters bring alot of assistant coaches with them anyways that teach the fighters alot.

Okay I think people are jumping to conclusions in assuming that the winner of Kos/Daley will fight GSP for the title. Dana has previously stated in several press conferences that he has some plans for the next GSP matchup based on three important upcoming contender bouts, these are Koscheck vs Daley, Fitch vs Alves, and Thiago vs Kampmann. This is all that has been said so far, nobody has said yet that the winner of the Kos/Daley bout will get a shot at GSP. Also, with the recent hype of Shields possibly joining the UFC and GSP displaying interest in that fight, I have further doubt that the winner of this fight will face St. Pierre any time soon. I also firmly believe that Kos will get KTFO'd and Daley will probably need another win before a title shot.

Archived