Chuck Liddell vs Anderson Silva

MAMBA24ILL

I was watching UFC Unleashed & they were showing Chuck KO foe after foe. Sure he's not the same fighter but when he was champ the guy could KO anyone. This left me wondering how a match up of that Chuck vs Anderson would go. Anyone want to give there thoughts?

Sadly Chuck is to old and to slow now. A prime Liddell would have been a great fight with Silva.

the anderson silva of today could no beat the chuck of yesterday and i'm a huge chuck fan

who isnt a huge chuck fan?

But yea the Silva of today is like no other past or present or possibly future champion. He is the best fighter to ever step in the octagon imho

who isnt a huge chuck fan?

ME! I respect the hell out of him, but I never liked him.

Either way; I think the fight could end up being a little boring. Both of them are counter strikers who really only press forward once they've landed a few light counter punches. I think neither man would really engage too much, until Chuck would lose his patients, press forward and Silva would score the rd3 KO.

I was watching UFC Unleashed & they were showing Chuck KO foe after foe. Sure he's not the same fighter but when he was champ the guy could KO anyone. This left me wondering how a match up of that Chuck vs Anderson would go. Anyone want to give there thoughts?

Chuck's willingness to take a punch to give a punch probably would have meant he would have been KO'd. It's why he lost twice to Rampage. If Chuck took the smart route and used his wrestling that would have been a different story. But Chuck being Chuck would not have done that and would have probably been KO'd. I'll say this all day long. No one is going to beat Anderson Silva (without luck at least) standing. This isn't even debatable in my opinion. Ground and Pound or Submission is the only way you'll beat A. Silva.

i think mma evolved over the last 3 years. Silva of today dominates the same level that Liddell did 3 years ago, but Silva is a more evolved fighter overall because of the extra knowledge gained in the last few years. It would be an awesome fight cuz they both would strike

A prime Chuck had great takedown defence and KO'd a bunch of guys who had almost no standup ability.

Chuck's technique is not even on the same planet of Silva's.

Chuck throws wild looping hooks in bunches and always leaves his hands down. He also basically has no head movement.

Archived