UFC Headliners..

Dmez101

i just found it interesting that lightheavyweights and heavywieghts are usually the only weight classes that will be the main event of a ppv card. I find that the welterwieght's and lightwieghts bring up good matches and some are usually very exciting fights.

That being said there constantly being put as co main events or under if its not a title fight, because seriously when was the last time in the the main event was in the middle,welter, or lightweight division and wasnt a title fight. im not necessarily complaining but i just found it interesting that the only time a main event isnt a title match its usually in the two heavier division.

Your Thoughts

when was the last time the main event was in the middle,welter, or lightweight division and wasnt a title fight?

just saying seen alot better non title fights in those division then the non title fights in the heavyweight and lightheavyweight, not saying all of them are better but enough for them to be put as a headliner without having to be a title fight

because they know a card with a non title fight in a small weight class' date=' unless both are top 5 contenders noones going to really take an interest.. they want to sell ppv's..[/quote']

This. Also most of the big name fighters without a belt are in those divisions. Makes sense if you think that light heavyweight has been known as the deepest division in the UFC for years.

Data supports it. Of the five events that have happened or are scheduled to occur this year without a title fight, light heavyweights have or will headline them - 108, 109, 114 and 115.

Archived