Jds

marioufc420

the only reasonable fight for JDS right now is cain velasquez imo , frank mir doesn't deserve to fight him and waiting for him to get the loser of carwin / lesnar would be too long it would be in like October !! to give the fighters time to prepare that's too much time to wait imo

JDS is deffanitly gonna be in the line for the title after Cain so maybe they should just give him Roy Nelson to occupy him until its his turn for the belt.

Frank Mir doesnt deserve to fight JDS' date=' he should be fighting Kimbo or someone else low.[/quote']

i agree with the first part but Mir doesnt deserve to fight someone as low ranked as kimbo just because he lost one fight.

loser of cawin/lesnar fight make sense but the only three that make sense is mir, barry if he beats cro cop, and rothwell if he beats gilbert. mir is the best choice as hes better then barry and cro cop if not him then the other two make the most sense being that he needs a fight before taking on the loser of the carwin lesnar fight.

the only reasonable fight for JDS right now is cain velasquez imo ' date=' frank mir doesn't deserve to fight him and waiting for him to get the loser of carwin / lesnar would be too long it would be in like October !! to give the fighters time to prepare that's too much time to wait imo[/quote']

This. There's no reason for them to fight anybody else. They should throw it on the same card as the title fight. That would be epic.

Good point but Dana White wont let JDS and Cain Velasquez fight yet.

I still can't believe DW says, "The fans pick the fights," but when the entire community gets excited about a fight like this, he doesn't do it. I know that the route he's taking will most likely make the UFC more money, but that's no excuse for ignoring the fans.

Fans are hung up on what Mir deserves but he is ranked #5 in hw div and is a former champ. I think if JDS could get a win over Mir it would look good on his resume. Why should JDS fight lesser opponent just because Mir lost his last fight.

This is what I'd love to see:

Lesnar vs Carwin

JDS vs Cain

Mir vs Gibert Yvel

Roy Nelson vs Big Nog

Gonzaga vs Todd Duffee

This is what's happening

Lensar Carwin

Cain vs Lesnar/Carwin

JDS vs Lesnar/Carwin/Cain

Nelson vs Kongo

Duffee vs Russow

BOOOO

Does Mir deserve to fight Dos Santos after such a devastating loss to Shane? That is the question.

Yeah but a fight with Mir would be a good fight to compare him to Lesnar and Carwin and see how he deals with him. Mir is still a top 5 hw IMO.

If Lesnar loses I dont think they will want him to fight JDS, they wouldnt want their most marketable fighter to go 4-3, but if Carwin loses I could see Carwin vs JDS.

The thing with JDS vs Mir is, it can be booked NOW! there is a lot of what if's with the other fights.

I don't understand these title issues that have been coming up over the past year or so. Too many contenders and not enough #1 contenders IMO.

What they should do is make JDS and Cain fight. What would be the problem with that? Have it on the same card as the title fight and when the night is over you already have the next heavyweight title fight set up. The UFC needs to think long and hard about this one because I think they are looking past what could happen, which is either contenders staying inactive for far too long and coming in rusty; or someone like JDS taking a filler fight and getting submitted or something. How many possible title fights do they need to have set up at once? Lesnar / Carwin, then the winner fights Cain, then the winner fights JDS? Is that necessary?

What they are forgetting is that last matchup will be over a year away if at all, and by then a guy like Duffee or Barry could be knocking on the door for a title shot too. They are thinking way too far ahead and all it does it take away good fights.

Cain and JDS are both on a tear, both young, well rounded... A year from now the fight may have little or no appeal depending on how they do.

KEEP IT SIMPLE. SET UP ONE TITLE FIGHT AT A TIME, AND WHEN THE DUST HAS CLEARED FROM THAT, WAIT A MONTH OR SO AND TAKE A LOOK AROUND TO SEE WHO DESERVES THE SHOT.

Archived