My surgery xrays (damn!!!!)

Alpha_Omega

much bigger than I thought. 2 8" metalrods that cover the whole lower half of my spine, 3 titanium plates and 20 screws. couldn't find my old thread so I made a new one.

Back

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs452.ash1/24888_1299398168216_1328270903_30847252_4477417_n.jpg

Side

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs412.snc3/24888_1299398808232_1328270903_30847253_7095242_n.jpg

pics are way to big to post directly.

thats hot lol.....

big friggin screws, jeez

my cousin was in a really bad car crash and had a bunch of metal in his shoulder.... (im a jeweler and made him a ring out of 1 of the titanium plates from his arm when he got it out lol.. funny looked good! had a pattern like the UFC jewelry by chance, because the plate was that pattern)

but they were tiny compared to that.....

lol thats some serious bling

can you feel that stuff in there?

does it feel different from before?

what happens if you fall over or something, one of those big screws will come through!!

Scoliosis ?

Holy **** dude... Thats tense' date=' can you move your back like you did before ? Do Martial Arts and weight training ?[/quote']

yeah it was scoliosis. I'm only almost a month out of surgery and am not supposed to bend or twist for a while so I dont know how my mobility is yet. according to the dr II will not be able to continue any martial arts training. no more muay thai judo or boxing.

And yes, I can sometimes feel the rods when I make certain movements mainly because I'm so thin and lost even more weight in the hospital for 5 days being fed through an iv. and the pain meds I'm on now kill my appetite so its been hard to put the weight back on.

yeah it was scoliosis. I'm only almost a month out of surgery and am not supposed to bend or twist for a while so I dont know how my mobility is yet. according to the dr II will not be able to continue any martial arts training. no more muay thai judo or boxing.

And yes' date=' I can sometimes feel the rods when I make certain movements mainly because I'm so thin and lost even more weight in the hospital for 5 days being fed through an iv. and the pain meds I'm on now kill my appetite so its been hard to put the weight back on.[/quote']

F.uck man, I also have this ungodly problem. I have a 28 degree S turn. It is starting to hurt real bad this past couple months, especially sitting with no back support and walking for 30+ minutes.

I want to do surgery but as of know, espeacially after seeing this, I think I will hang on a couple of years to see if some godly man improves the surgery method.

Wish you a good recovery.

Wow bro... that is insane!

My Dad has had four back surguries and he gets sharp pains up and down his back to his feet. Back pain and surgery is no joke.

I wish you a full and speedy recovery! Start drinking some protein shakes with ice cream!

F.uck man' date=' I also have this ungodly problem. I have a 28 degree S turn. It is starting to hurt real bad this past couple months, especially sitting with no back support and walking for 30+ minutes.

I want to do surgery but as of know, espeacially after seeing this, I think I will hang on a couple of years to see if some godly man improves the surgery method.

Wish you a good recovery.[/quote']

I wouldn't recommend waiting. the longer you wait the less chance the surgery has of fixing the problem. they prefer to do the surgery at 13 or 14 yrs old. I am only 22 and the dr told me because I waited this will not fix the problem, only stop it from getting worse. dont make the same mistake I did, man.

your 28 degree wont require as much as my 45 degree. plus if you wait, your discs will get more damage and you will require surgery from the front and back like I did. you dont even want to see my 2 incisions. dont mean to preach just speaking from experience. good luck.

Alpha! good to see you back. I'm sorry to hear that you wont be able to do martial arts anymore, but lets not focus on the negative's. Its good to see that your surgery went well and i wish you a good, fast recovery.

p.s did you see the Alpha_Omega appreciation thread?

thats hot lol.....

big friggin screws' date=' jeez

my cousin was in a really bad car crash and had a bunch of metal in his shoulder.... (im a jeweler and made him a ring out of 1 of the titanium plates from his arm when he got it out lol.. funny looked good! had a pattern like the UFC jewelry by chance, because the plate was that pattern)

but they were tiny compared to that.....

lol thats some serious bling

can you feel that stuff in there?

does it feel different from before?

what happens if you fall over or something, one of those big screws will come through!![/quote']

the guy had surgery and thats all the input u could provide, ur a jeweler ?

much bigger than I thought. 2 8" metalrods that cover the whole lower half of my spine' date=' 3 titanium plates and 20 screws. couldn't find my old thread so I made a new one.

Back

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs452.ash1/24888_1299398168216_1328270903_30847252_4477417_n.jpg

Side

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs412.snc3/24888_1299398808232_1328270903_30847253_7095242_n.jpg

pics are way to big to post directly.[/quote']

And yes' date=' I can sometimes feel the rods when I make certain movements mainly because I'm so thin and lost even more weight in the hospital for 5 days being fed through an iv. and the pain meds I'm on now kill my appetite so its been hard to put the weight back on.[/quote']

Hiya Alpha, really good to see you fella !

Shiiiiiiiiite! thats some heavy metal man ! It looks feecin' medieval that I must say !

Hey at least the worst is over, and it's all about the rehab now mate. You'll be back on the treadmill of life before you know it. When you're eventually off this particular pain relief you'll pile the pounds on trust me. Was 13 stone of lean muscle, now 17 and half of pure blubba lol. Suppose it works alright for the height to weight ratio, just all in the wrong damn places lol.

The time can be a b.i.t.c.h of a nightmare with all the waiting. Like you know, I done in my T4 and 5 last September. Off all the pain killers and the back surports gone now thankfully - only started doing some very very light exercise every other day, man I'm really unfit :( Still another year before I can do any in the gym or contact sports whatsoever - back to work in about 6 months?

Be careful with them Tramadol can be very addictive, just have what you need mate, but I'm sure you're on more than that, no? When I first came out of hospital last Sep had the last of the Morphine then they sent me on me way with Tramadol and Paracetamol!! Man, I was in mad pain for weeks. Any fit nurses in there by the way? :) Had to go hospital last week actually got b lood-poisoning via the 'pox' that I got the other month - grrrrrrrr - immune system went to s*Lt, keep up the vitamins and as said before get a few protein shakes down ya.

Stay cool bro - and don't let it get you down if it trys.

All the best,

MBD

They got me on norcos, percocet and valium for the pain. all addictive but I been on vicodin for the past 2 years previous to the surgery and I do my best to regulate them. haven't gotten addicted yet(knock on wood).

And no fit nurses at all. Even if there was I had no shot. I was in agony for my 5 day hospital stay and the morphine always ran out before they would give me more so I'd start buzzing cursing them out for not giving me more. lol. some cases I even had morphine left and yelled at them to give me more and they were like "you have more just push the button" lol. I was so out of it the whole stay is a blur.

Not sure when or I'll even be able to work or do physical activity IE training. sucks. My inspiration right now is big nog. If he can have his spine crshed and go on to become one of the GOAT maybe I can get back to training. not that I plan on competing again or moving to mma but just for fun and to get into shape.

I was here and already became well established before he first logged on. I asure you. These join dates change sometimes. A member has confirmed the same thing about join dates being changed.

I was here before he was.

Wow, who gives a ****? I can "asure" you, no one does.

Hope you start feeling better, Alph, that's some serious surgery right there.

the guy had surgery and thats all the input u could provide' date=' ur a jeweler ?[/quote']

Incorrect brother the month October comes before September. I suggest buy a calendar :P

my bad i was looking at the arabic calender lol

im a ufc forum veteran

KungFuMaster respect ur senior member brother lol

no bro..lol

i got confused i didnt know shawwal thul qida was in october

actually we do follow them bro theres an islamic calendar we all go by..specifiying ramadan..hajj etc

stompgrind lol ok

so ? our quran dates back thousands of years and we follow it ..the teachings in it..

the american constitution dates back along time..ppl still follow it

the guy had surgery and all you can provide is your usual im a muslim BS lol...... and you dont know the order of the months, lol no surprise there...

ANOTHER WIN FOR YOU THERE

of all the posts you have had the least to do with the subject......

lol you're pitiful

lol was related to the situation.... and was 1 reply.

you have pages of replies.....

jeez, you religious types are the scum of the earth.... at least you are, where do you get off by saying im in the kkk again and again.... im 1/4 pacific islander. and constantly talking about your religion like it makes you a decent person....

Archived