Fedor vs. Anderson Silva

Sisti

How do you think this fight would go down?

On one end we got Anderson Silva who is amazing, but lacking some humility. He's got insane speed, confidence, and knock out power.

Then we got Fedor who has been in the top 3 p4p rankings for the last 5 years. He's yet to be definitively stopped in mma and has smoked Noguiera, Coleman, and Arlovski. He somehow manages to pull out a victory EVERY SINGLE TIME

two insanely insanely good fighters. in my humble opinion, i would call them the two best fighters on the planet. if this fight stays standing up, I give Silva the advantage. Fedor has a great chin though and he is one of the few people that could not get overwhelmed by Silva's striking. i think Fedor could get this to the ground and get very close to submitting Silva. BUT i think at the end of the day, Silva is more close to his prime than Fedor is and Silva has the intelligence to avoid the submission. I have silva winning this by decision, but it being the most interesting mma matchup.....ever

So Brazil vs. Russia.....****y vs. Humble....Speed and power vs. technique and power....what u think?

i would say you would see silva trying to over do just like arlovski did and with fedor all it takes is ONE punch to put you down.. silva will want to go down i believe, and in that case its always just as dangerous because hes a monster at pulling armbars out of his ****!..lol id call it fedor because silva would be to quick to try to finish

as vicious as Fedor is on the feet...his submission game is mean too...i can see him subbing Silva...

it would be interesting on the feet becuz Fedor is used to a speed advantage at HW and Silva is used to a power advantage MW...

i wonder what fight people want to see more: Fedor/Brock or Fedor/A. Silva?

I think Fedor is just too big for Anderson, plus his skull is extra thick so he won't get knocked out as easy like other guys, Fedor is without a doubt at least one of the P4P best in the world, with that said his size advantage over Silva would be too much.

But even if they were the same size I'd still have to take Fedor, his ground game is too much.

I hate these Fedor vs threads.

People Fedor has no interest in fighting the best...all you will ever be able to do is speculate.

+1 Fedor is content to finish his career fighting lesser opponents instead of challenging himself. I hope he proves me wrong.

I'm not a fedor fan but he would kill Silva. His skills are too well rounded. I'm pretty sure he could pound him standing but if not i cant see Silva stopping Fedor from taking him down, and it just gets a lot uglier for silva from there............

I think Fedor is just too big for Anderson' date=' plus his skull is extra thick so he won't get knocked out as easy like other guys, Fedor is without a doubt at least one of the P4P best in the world, with that said his size advantage over Silva would be too much.

But even if they were the same size I'd still have to take Fedor, his ground game is too much.[/quote']

Fedor fights at 230lbs and Silva walks around at 225lbs. The size difference would be maybe 10lbs come fight night. That will have no bearing on the outcome.

Fedor fights at 230lbs and Silva walks around at 225lbs. The size difference would be maybe 10lbs come fight night. That will have no bearing on the outcome.

Silva cuts 40lbs for MW, wow? Fedor is a bit squishy in his tummy so I think they both could easily fight at 205. Would be good times.

LOL at the guys who think Silva stands a chance against Fedor AT ANY WEIGHT.

Fedor consistantly fights guys that are 20-30 pounds heavier than him and puts them to sleep.

Fedor could take Silva's BEST punch or kick and it wouldn't phase him. and if you think Silva could control Fedor on the ground or submit him, you're retarded.

LOL @ the Fedor huggers who think his stand-up is anywhere NEAR as good as Anderson's.

SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!

Arlovski was tooling Fedor on the feet. Anderson would work him even worse.

Sorry, folks. But the only way your precious Fedor would last to a decision, is if he refused to engage.

That video is hilarious,

but Silva would win.

Silva knows not to go to the ground with Fedor.

He also knows not to get ****y or drop his hands.

We would see a solid 15 minutes of Silva at total concentration, picking Fedor apart on his feet and using his superior speed to keep from getting taken down.

Could Fedor win? Sure. But the odds are against it.

Silva and Machida both fighters in the UFC that could beat Fedor.

Lesnar, Carwin, JDS, and 'Bones' Jones are all fighters in the UFC that would demolish Fedor.

Archived