Who's ever run through the GUN?

Dicker410

I have to laugh at people who think Machida will run through Shogun. Shogun has never been ran through, even when fighting with a blown ACL.

1.) Shogun is a black belt in karate (as Barnett mentioned during the second Overeem fight). Obviously Lyoto is better at karate, but at least Shogun has a sound concept of the timing.

2.) Shogun trained with Lyoto on more than a few occasions. At Chute Boxe they trained together, so Shogun has seen looks from Machida the rest of Lyotos opponents did not.

3.) Shogun is so diverse. He has top notch takedowns, great GNP, elite level sweeps and positioning along with great submissions. He is very athletic and fluid on his feet, and his Muay Thai is vastly superior to that of Machidas.

4.) Shogun has a granite chin.

5.) Shogun is only getting healthier and any real fan of Lyoto knows Machida is far from a cardio machine or somebody who pushes the pace

his takedowns in the last fight werent that good, even when he had battered machidas legs. you point out that machida is better at karate, shogun is better at muay thai. this is what makes this fight. aggressive striker vs. counter striker

his takedowns in the last fight werent that good' date=' even when he had battered machidas legs. you point out that machida is better at karate, shogun is better at muay thai. this is what makes this fight. aggressive striker vs. counter striker[/quote']

Shogun Will Demolish Machida.. Ugly ****er

his takedowns in the last fight werent that good' date=' even when he had battered machidas legs. you point out that machida is better at karate, shogun is better at muay thai. this is what makes this fight. aggressive striker vs. counter striker[/quote']

Machida was solved only Machida fans think he won!

When GSP another favourite who won against BJ I disagreed with ( First Fight ), thats a big difference in who acknowledges what and whom are true MMA fight fans.

I bet a friend of mine last time $50 on Shogun...when I went to pay he refused to take my money cause even he thought The Dragon had been slain.

This time around, it's tickets to a UFC event...god I don't want to have to drop a grand due to bad judging.

Some people who were blind to Pride only see his record here in the UFC. He is the Greatest LHW in MMA history so far

that imo, would be wandy. machida will not come into this fight the same, he will have a different look. thats what makes him a great fighter, the ability to implement a gameplan. shogun will have to adapt to what machida puts in front of him. if he cannot, he will not win this fight

I have to laugh at people who think Machida will run through Shogun. Shogun has never been ran through' date=' even when fighting with a blown ACL.

1.) Shogun is a black belt in karate (as Barnett mentioned during the second Overeem fight). Obviously Lyoto is better at karate, but at least Shogun has a sound concept of the timing.

2.) Shogun trained with Lyoto on more than a few occasions. At Chute Boxe they trained together, so Shogun has seen looks from Machida the rest of Lyotos opponents did not.

3.) Shogun is so diverse. He has top notch takedowns, great GNP, elite level sweeps and positioning along with great submissions. He is very athletic and fluid on his feet, and his Muay Thai is vastly superior to that of Machidas.

4.) Shogun has a granite chin.

5.) Shogun is only getting healthier and any real fan of Lyoto knows Machida is far from a cardio machine or somebody who pushes the pace[/quote']

1.) Machida Karate is little different than normal karate and Machida's skill level in karate in on another world.

2.) This also means that Machida trained with Shogun so he has the same benefit from it.

3.) Machida's karate is on another level than Shogun's. He has his sumo background that give him some of the best tdd around. Obviously both fighters have areas of expertise so I'm really not sure what your point is.

4.) Machida has never been ko'ed

5.) Machida had a messed up hand for his first fight so the same applies to him.

I bet a friend of mine last time $50 on Shogun...when I went to pay he refused to take my money cause even he thought The Dragon had been slain.

This time around' date=' it's tickets to a UFC event...god I don't want to have to drop a grand due to bad judging.[/quote']

Your friend is right. I changed mt status and Tap and others told me to leave it.He also is a great guy on site

that imo' date=' would be wandy. machida will not come into this fight the same, he will have a different look. thats what makes him a great fighter, the ability to implement a gameplan. shogun will have to adapt to what machida puts in front of him. if he cannot, he will not win this fight[/quote']

First fight Shogun did well at the gameplan, what makes you think differently this time. Machida can't adjust as we all saw in the first fight.

Remember who limped off with broken ribs, cut face? I do

First fight Shogun did well at the gameplan' date=' what makes you think differently this time. Machida can't adjust as we all saw in the first fight.

Remember who limped off with broken ribs, cut face? I do[/quote']

Remember who limped off with the title around his waist? I do

Look at Machida's face when the decision is announced. He is more suprised than Matt Hughes after the double ko with Carlos Newton.

Oh you're so clever.

Fact of the matter is, Machida got the decision.

Decision = Still champion.

It was a close fight, so I don't know why so many people complain about it.

****er, you said all this before and I told you Machida will nullify every aspect of Shogun's game except for the leg kicks.

I don't believe Machida will run through Rua, but he will have a significant advantage in the striking department. We know very well Machida can counter Rua's leg kicks. He only stop doing so in the late rounds of their last fight because his hand was broken.

Expect to see more straight left counters from Machida, followed by a small flurry each and ever time Rua throws a leg kick.

Forrest Griffin seemed to handle Shogun with relative ease' date=' and made him look like a blue belt on the Ground.... When was the last time Forrest RNC'D Someone? Cant think of anyone but Shogun, Infact I cant think of another Griffin Sub off the top of my head, compared to the time he subbed Shogun[/quote']

No one is making excuses for that loss, but like all mma fans know Shogun was brought in to be brilliant for the LHW but people never realised how significant his injuries were

Had you watched him late 2002 and beyond you would know better!

And was that the same fighter against Machida? Of course not

When he has his belt on the 8th of May redemption in my eyes

Archived