Jon Jones to face Vladimir Matyushenko at UFC On Verses 2

Hypnotik2717

Really feel like Jones could do a legit job in headlining a PPV at this point' date=' possibly in a #1 contender or even fighting the winner of Shogun/Machida. But I guess getting another Bones fight for free ain't too bad.[/quote']

Us Bones believers must bide our time. He'll fight this guy and finish him in the first or second, then he'll fight a legit top 5 LHW.

I think fans have Bones ranked a little higher than people in the UFC do. Dana White said at the Toronto fan event that Bones would be fighting guys at or around his current level for the next year. They want to bring him along slowly.

And when asked about fighting Bones, Thiago Silva recently said he wants a bigger name than that.

It's a tough matchup for Bones, but one he should win. I think they want him to be on a winning streak (i.e. 2 wins in a row) since his DQ defeat before pushing him against a top 5 style contender.

Ideally I'd like to see Jones-Thiago Silva, but Vlad is a stern test, but oner which will hopefully lead to showcase of the greatness that is Bones.

Then he can be looking at a match against someone like Lil Nog, Thiago Silva or Rashad in the autumn, with a title shot maybe looming in the spring?

The Janitor is no joke people. He has fought and beat many of the biggest names in the sport. He has some losses, but only to the very best he has met along the line. Don't forget he once fought for the HW title here and for two titles in PRIDE. Plus he was the (shortlived) IFL lhw champ. In fact if he faced Vera at this point I would have to pick Vlad!

They are putting Jones through the paces facing fighters of every different type. He has fought and beat strikers, wrestlers, and jiu jitu fighters. Now he will face a crafty, highly skilled, and highly intelligent Sambo fighter.

I have to pick Jones with his superior athleticism, but if he slips just a little, or takes Matyushenko lightly (which no way Greg Jackson will allow) he could easily take a tumble down losers lane.

The Janitor is no joke people. He has fought and beat many of the biggest names in the sport. He has some losses' date=' but only to the very best he has met along the line. Don't forget he once fought for the HW title here and for two titles in PRIDE. Plus he was the (shortlived) IFL lhw champ. In fact if he faced Vera at this point I would have to pick Vlad!

They are putting Jones through the paces facing fighters of every different type. He has fought and beat strikers, wrestlers, and jiu jitu fighters. Now he will face a crafty, highly skilled, and highly intelligent Sambo fighter.

I have to pick Jones with his superior athleticism, but if he slips just a little, or takes Matyushenko lightly (which no way Greg Jackson will allow) he could easily take a tumble down losers lane.[/quote']

THIS....

Vlad is by no means an easy out. Very tough...and a very good wrestler, a more decorated wrestler than Bones in fact.

Would've liked to have seen them give Jones a fight with Bader or Thiago Silva' date=' but I guess this will have to do...

http://mmafrenzy.com/14267/jon-jones-vs-vladimir-matyushenko-expected-for-ufc-on-versus-2-in-august/[/quote']

basically Thiago didn't want to fight him and every other top 10 fighter has fights coming up, i'm glad they did something with my man Jones though and didn't leave him hanging all summer, he'll probably get Griffin vs. Lil Nog winner or loser...depending on how long Dana wants to string him along and have viewers watch the rise of Jones

Archived