frank mir???

quickflipper

funny how everyone counts him out .. he fought some of the baddest dudes on the planet and is like 5 or 6th in the world but people talk smack .. yup he lost ... yup people bought the hype ( i bought a piece too) .. but he's not done .. if anything he might be waiting till things calm down a bit ..

mir will face the winner of Yvel vs. Rothwel

anyone heard from him???

guess carwin hurt his jaw a little

I use to not like Mir but know I just feel sorry for him. It must suck knowing that there is no way you can compete in the new HW division. Franks day in the sun has come and gone, at least he has commentating to fall back on.

I use to not like Mir but know I just feel sorry for him. It must suck knowing that there is no way you can compete in the new HW division. Franks day in the sun has come and gone' date=' at least he has commentating to fall back on.[/quote']

yea thats what everyone said after UFC 100. and what happened? came bak stronger and put kongo down in a minute. just becuz Carwin beat him doesnt mean he's done. ppl didnt know the true skill of Carwin going into UFC 111, but we know he's the real deal if he can beat mir which actually means something. Mir still deserves a top opponent, he will destroy yvel and rothwell. i say Big Nog again or JDS. u guys act like he's back at the bottom of the bucket in the HW division. he's not, he's just gonna get better

yea thats what everyone said after UFC 100. and what happened? came bak stronger and put kongo down in a minute. just becuz Carwin beat him doesnt mean he's done. ppl didnt know the true skill of Carwin going into UFC 111' date=' but we know he's the real deal if he can beat mir which actually means something. Mir still deserves a top opponent, he will destroy yvel and rothwell. i say Big Nog again or JDS. u guys act like he's back at the bottom of the bucket in the HW division. he's not, he's just gonna get better[/quote']

Mir has peaked as a fighter. He will never be able to hang with the strong wrestlers who are at the top of the division (Brock, Carwin, Valazquez). He will not be able to hang with JDS either. So he is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the big boys of the division.

Mir has peaked as a fighter. He will never be able to hang with the strong wrestlers who are at the top of the division (Brock' date=' Carwin, Valazquez). He will not be able to hang with JDS either. So he is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the big boys of the division.[/quote']

i doubt that. saying he cant hang with JDS, i think he can. ppl tend to forget his boxing is skyrocketing. Big Nog was supposed to destroy him, and mir beat him at his own game. the only advantage JDS and Cain have over mir is speed. JDS and Cain look more like LHW's and arent ginormous like carwin lesnar and mir and kongo, etc. mir can beat JDS and JDS can beat mir. it can go either way u gotta admit. its not like mir wud be hopeless against JDS. yeah brock, carwin, cain are great wrestlers but in their last fights, except lestard, they havent used it. seems like they like to stand. Carwins game plan against Mir wasnt to wrestle him, it was 2 dirty box. and Cain is quick and accurate and strong.

funny how everyone counts him out .. he fought some of the baddest dudes on the planet and is like 5 or 6th in the world but people talk smack .. yup he lost ... yup people bought the hype ( i bought a piece too) .. but he's not done .. if anything he might be waiting till things calm down a bit ..

mir will face the winner of Yvel vs. Rothwel

+1 I agree, I'm actually a big Carwin fan but I hope Frank Mir can bounce back from this loss and I think his next fight should be against Gonzaga.

I find it amusing that people act like Mir couldn't even hang with the scrubs anymore.

Frank is still an incredible fighter. He's 3-2 in his last 5 fights, the only two loses? Against the top 2 HWs in the UFC for the unified and interim belts. He's not done. And I personally wouldn't be surprised to see him headline a PPV in a title bout before 2012 is done.

I find it amusing that people act like Mir couldn't even hang with the scrubs anymore.

Frank is still an incredible fighter. He's 3-2 in his last 5 fights' date=' the only two loses? Against the top 2 HWs in the UFC for the unified and interim belts. He's not done. And I personally wouldn't be surprised to see him headline a PPV in a title bout before 2012 is done.[/quote']

yeah good point. Mir has been fighting non stop top competitors. none of his last five fights were against an easy opponent. yeah he lost against a champion and mayb future champion. ppl dont give him the credit bcuz they think he talks 2 much ****, so they just hate on him ofcource, which is stupid.

yeah good point. Mir has been fighting non stop top competitors. none of his last five fights were against an easy opponent. yeah he lost against a champion and mayb future champion. ppl dont give him the credit bcuz they think he talks 2 much ****' date=' so they just hate on him ofcource, which is stupid.[/quote']

dude you seem to know what your talking about. i like you

he needs to seriously re-evaluate his life and decide if he still wants to fight. his heads not right at the minute. you might not see him for a while

Why? Becuase he hyped a fight with Brock and he lost to Cawrin? Does that mean he no longer has his life on the right path? People are far to ignorant

Frank is still an incredible fighter. He's 3-2 in his last 5 fights' date=' the only two loses? Against the top 2 HWs in the UFC for the unified and interim belts. He's not done. And I personally wouldn't be surprised to see him headline a PPV in a title bout before 2012 is done.[/quote']

true he'll come back. It'll be interesting to see if anyone says carwin is done..washed up and should go home and he'll never be champ if brock actually beats him in dominant style. It seems some people thik if you cant be the champ you have no place in the ufc..if thats true then the roster would be very small...after all most of the great fights ive seen havent been for the title anyway. I like carwin and lesnar and just hope for a good fight...mir still has lots to offer. Maybe a change of training camp would be good, not saying his is bad but sometimes a change is good

Even though Mir won the first fight against Lesnar he took alot more damage than in the Carwin fight. I don't know how much credit you can give Mir against a guy with only 1 mma fight at the time.

this probably would solve the age old question of who has more power, brock or carwin... looks like mir just showed us

Archived