bahh what was up with tonights fights?

TigerChamp

are they both naturally this slow? it looked like they gassed out from the start of the match. IMHO their wrestling was really slow and ineffective. it kind of reminded me of some of the fights in the heavyweight season

just wondering whats up with that? it looked like tito's guy had the other dude rocked in the third and then just decided to clinch with him instead. then he almost got choked out, but chucks guy was exhausted.

it all looked like it was in slow motion tonight. maybe i'm just really drunk but i think we need to stick the korean zombie in there and tech them a thing or two about cardio!

are they both naturally this slow? it looked like they gassed out from the start of the match. IMHO their wrestling was really slow and ineffective. it kind of reminded me of some of the fights in the heavyweight season

just wondering whats up with that? it looked like tito's guy had the other dude rocked in the third and then just decided to clinch with him instead. then he almost got choked out' date=' but chucks guy was exhausted.

it all looked like it was in slow motion tonight. maybe i'm just really drunk but i think we need to stick the korean zombie in there and tech them a thing or two about cardio![/quote']

Yeah they both looked like they got tired really fast, esically mccray. He wasn't looking too good

They both looked like crap. Most horrible display of Jits I think I've ever seen on the show.

Dude gets his back like three or more times in the fight and doesn't understand simple over under control to keep his position. Then in the third rd he goes for the choke with no hooks at first and no over and under control and no setup what so ever he just slaps it on and then gets his hooks in and amazingly ( others dudes defense sucks so bad ) he almost gets it then switches to a sloppy telegraphed armbar and nearly gets that too. I know the other guy was dead tired but still he should have turned the second he tried that crap.

The one thing I did like is when the guy on chucks team was throwing nothing but elbows from the guard. That was pretty nice but tito's fighter should have got him against the cage, postured up and rained down bombs and thrown some elbows of his own.

It was a high paced fight for the first two rounds lots of clinch work etc. so I can see why they got tired but damn that was sloppy even in the first round.

i think they spend all they're time bumping gums at the house.do they really train or just when the cameras are on,this fight tonight was boring.josh was landing punches but stopped throwing them because he was so worried about getting hit.where do you always see kris at in the house?here i will answer that for you,on his bed. i quess thats where he thought he was when he was in the octagon tonight.i think both of these guys are lazy , bring other ones in they're place..both were tired just a 1min into the fight..

i think they spend all they're time bumping gums at the house.do they really train or just when the cameras are on,this fight tonight was boring.josh was landing punches but stopped throwing them because he was so worried about getting hit.where do you always see kris at in the house?here i will answer that for you,on his bed. i quess thats where he thought he was when he was in the octagon tonight.i think both of these guys are lazy , bring other ones in they're place..both were tired just a 1min into the fight..

I think some of these fighters are not conditioned when they come to the show and you have the mentality of champion coaches pushing them with spartan training sessions and some of them are not ready for that because they were lazy before they ever got on the show and it shows in thier performances. The guys that come in shape rise to the top and rightfully so.

I do have to say though the show is pretty rough. You can't really peak for a fight like you normally would when you could possibly be fighting at any minute and some times they fight multiple times within a few weeks time battered or not from previous fights. e.g. Frank Lester from TUF 9. Not a great fighter but that dude it like a piece or iron.

Then again this is a good way to seperate the men from the boys. It's not called TUF for nothing.

The two fighters looked like they couldn't make up their mind at what they wanted to do. On top of that, they weren't listening to their corners. They just stood there, holding each other. After the first three minutes in the first round, they were gassed.

I actually liked tonights fight both fighters showed pretty good wrestling and a couple of good reversals. It was a back and forth fight. I think that you guys arn't really giving either fighter the credit that is due. Just because the fight isn't finished doesn't mean it wasn't a good fight. Another example would be Machida vs Shogun some ppl loved it others hated it. I guess that is the way some fans are.

The guys are not in shape, and it is very hard to understand why. They came here knowing they would fight and yet here they are 2 days before the fight cutting weight. It just drives me crazy when they start talking about having to cut weight. Did you think you wouldnt have to fight? Shouldn't you already be at weight? This show was one of the worst I have seen.

I actually liked tonights fight both fighters showed pretty good wrestling and a couple of good reversals. It was a back and forth fight. I think that you guys arn't really giving either fighter the credit that is due. Just because the fight isn't finished doesn't mean it wasn't a good fight. Another example would be Machida vs Shogun some ppl loved it others hated it. I guess that is the way some fans are.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh and I'll point out why but first I'll say what I liked.

1. It's was entertaining for the first two rounds but the third slowed to a crawl until the very end which picked up a little.

2. Both fighters showed heart and it was a good back and forth and I do like fights like that.

3. The fight had a good mix of all phases.

4. Both fighters were game and went after each other. I totally respect that.

Dislikes

1. It was obvious by the end of the first they were already gassing although the pace was high especially since they were in the clinch alot which is taxing but a fighter should never be winded after the first unless it's Jung vs. Garcia pace I'd understand but it wasn't.

2. Most of those reversals happened because of sloppy technique. Neither one had good control and thier escapes were far from technical. What really bugged me though was the back control both the top and bottom positions. Over and under control, estabilishing hooks, keeping you hips back not riding high, wrist control+flattening out the hips. When he had his back from the bottom over and under control+body triangle. You know basic stuff that would have allowed him to control,dominate and end the fight. I shouldn't even have to mention position before submission.

3. The takedown attempts were pretty amatuer also. They had a little more skill in this area than what I saw on the ground though.

I've been rooting for Chuck's team since I can't stand Tito - but, half way through the first round I was yelling at the TV telling one of them to at least hit the other one. Both were supposed to have "knockout" power but neither one seemed to want to throw hands. Extremely boring fight.

They both looked like crap. Most horrible display of Jits I think I've ever seen on the show.

Dude gets his back like three or more times in the fight and doesn't understand simple over under control to keep his position. Then in the third rd he goes for the choke with no hooks at first and no over and under control and no setup what so ever he just slaps it on and then gets his hooks in and amazingly ( others dudes defense sucks so bad ) he almost gets it then switches to a sloppy telegraphed armbar and nearly gets that too. I know the other guy was dead tired but still he should have turned the second he tried that crap.

The one thing I did like is when the guy on chucks team was throwing nothing but elbows from the guard. That was pretty nice but tito's fighter should have got him against the cage' date=' postured up and rained down bombs and thrown some elbows of his own.

It was a high paced fight for the first two rounds lots of clinch work etc. so I can see why they got tired but damn that was sloppy even in the first round.[/quote']

i was absolutely thinking the same!!!

Archived