GSP v HARDY the truth

aethlefirth

GSP v HARDY the truth

What happened that night shocked a lot of people and they don?t want to admit what is right in their faces which is HARDY is legit.

I kind of got the feeling in the HARDY fight that GSP wanted an impressive sub and he tried a few but again you have to remember you and I have no idea how hard that arm bar was in or the Kimura add to that the fact that no-one gave hardy a chance and don?t want to look foolish for being so bias against brit fighters that they blame GSP for not sinking it in properly.

Again add to that the fact that Dan Hardy has never tapped to anything other than chokes 1 guillotine 1 RNC and 1 triangle and has learnt to defend against those.

A lot of the detractors from that fight are of course BJ fans but to those guys I say go look at the HUGHES v BJ 2 fight BJ supposedly the greatest practitioner of BJJ in the sport of MMA had HUGHES in a triangle and arm bar at the same time but couldn?t finish it

I agree' date=' who ever said Hardy wasn't legit?

I think Hardy was outclassed that night and in my opinion poorly trained. Which is a shame really, because had he practiced his takedown defense, there may have been a different outcome.[/quote']

I thought Hardy wasn't legit and him not getting destroyed was good on his part.

I agree' date=' who ever said Hardy wasn't legit?

I think Hardy was outclassed that night and in my opinion poorly trained. Which is a shame really, because had he practiced his takedown defense, there may have been a different outcome.[/quote']

I seriously doubt there is anyone who can stop gsp's takedown. BJ is one of the best at stuffing takedowns and gsp took him down at will, same with kos, and these guys have been training that part of the game for years. I doubt Hardy training takedown defense at his fight camp before the gsp fight would have helped much.

GSP v HARDY the truth

What happened that night shocked a lot of people and they don?t want to admit what is right in their faces which is HARDY is legit.

I kind of got the feeling in the HARDY fight that GSP wanted an impressive sub and he tried a few but again you have to remember you and I have no idea how hard that arm bar was in or the Kimura add to that the fact that no-one gave hardy a chance and don?t want to look foolish for being so bias against brit fighters that they blame GSP for not sinking it in properly.

Again add to that the fact that Dan Hardy has never tapped to anything other than chokes 1 guillotine 1 RNC and 1 triangle and has learnt to defend against those.

A lot of the detractors from that fight are of course BJ fans but to those guys I say go look at the HUGHES v BJ 2 fight BJ supposedly the greatest practitioner of BJJ in the sport of MMA had HUGHES in a triangle and arm bar at the same time but couldn?t finish it

GSPVSHARDY.jpg

GSP v HARDY the truth

i think hardy proved a few things in this fight.....he has the heart of a champion' date=' he is full of the fighting spirit and fears very little when he enters a fight.

that being said, i think he has a lot of improvements to go through before his physicality meets up with his mentality. he is a mentally solid fighter....there are [i']so many[/i] fighters that would kill to achieve his lvl of readiness he has to a fight.

at the same time that i respect him more for his mentality he needs to improve his ground game tremendously....gsp was not capable of finishing hardy(many differ on the reason why) but he easily got to dominant position time and time again with ease.

he controlled hardy so well, it looked like a teaching lesson on how to get to a dominant position with ease....and it's not like hardy allowed gsp to do what ever he wanted. it was a combination of gsp's superior grappling and the lack there of in hardy.

legit or not, hardy has to improve take down defense, grappling and jj if he ever wants to be at the top of the ww heap. with a division staked with great wrestlers, he has no choice but to get better and with his mentality he is capable of getting better where other fighters may hit a wall in improving there mma.

i think hardy proved a few things in this fight.....he has the heart of a champion' date=' he is full of the fighting spirit and fears very little when he enters a fight.

that being said, i think he has a lot of improvements to go through before his physicality meets up with his mentality. he is a mentally solid fighter....there are [i']so many[/i] fighters that would kill to achieve his lvl of readiness he has to a fight.

at the same time that i respect him more for his mentality he needs to improve his ground game tremendously....gsp was not capable of finishing hardy(many differ on the reason why) but he easily got to dominant position time and time again with ease.

he controlled hardy so well, it looked like a teaching lesson on how to get to a dominant position with ease....and it's not like hardy allowed gsp to do what ever he wanted. it was a combination of gsp's superior grappling and the lack there of in hardy.

legit or not, hardy has to improve take down defense, grappling and jj if he ever wants to be at the top of the ww heap. with a division staked with great wrestlers, he has no choice but to get better and with his mentality he is capable of getting better where other fighters may hit a wall in improving there mma.

Nice post .

I agree with u at 100 %

The only TRUTH that came out of that fight was that GSP has lost his killer instinct and couldnt finish a guy who had no business fighting for a title

GSP tried to finish. Probably to much so.

Hardy didn't go into that fight to win. He went in not to get finished. He spent the entire fight just defending. The two times he tried something from his back GSP laid in the sub attempts. He's a legit fighter and obviously spent a ton of time working on ground defense.

Its pretty hard at that level to finish a guy who is willing to just lay on his back defending and trade a loss for not getting stopped, not opening any holes trying to sweep or sub from the bottom. GSP made some technical errors and a big mental one focusing so much on a joint submission instead of switching gears to a choke or GnP.

Hardy was legit even before the GSP fight. What that fight showed us was that Hardy was nowhere near ready to fight GSP... but then who is.

Agreed. I'll give it to Hardy, the dude is tough. But you could see it in his eyes after round 2 that he knew he was overmatched.

Hardy didn't go into that fight to win. He went in not to get finished. He spent the entire fight just defending. The two times he tried something from his back GSP laid in the sub attempts. He's a legit fighter and obviously spent a ton of time working on ground defense.

Its pretty hard at that level to finish a guy who is willing to just lay on his back defending not opening any holes trying to sweep or sub from the bottom. GSP made some technical errors and a big mental one is focusing so much on a joint submission instead of switching gears to a choke or GnP.

Nice try , but educate hater who troll is kinda wasting ur time .

Nice try ' date=' but educate hater who troll is kinda wasting ur time .[/quote']

Hey Bob I got some news for you..... Just because someone has a different opinion of your fav fighter than you do dosent mean your a hater or a troll. I actually like GSP, I just dont cling to his nuts like you

Hey Bob I got some news for you..... Just because someone has a different opinion of your fav fighter than you do dosent mean your a hater or a troll. I actually like GSP' date=' I just dont cling to his nuts like you[/quote']

U realy obsess with nuts dont u ? I dont bash any fighter , u always come on GSP thread and spread ur hate on the forum , i dont care if u share ur opinion but do it in a respect full way .

The only TRUTH that came out of that fight was that GSP has lost his killer instinct and couldnt finish a guy who had no business fighting for a title

Like u said right here why us discredit Hardy that much ? I think he learn a lot in submission defence with Serra , u should give him some credit cause he did a GJ . He did beter then Alves or Fitch or BJ so ...

Like u said right here why us discredit Hardy that much ? I think he learn a lot in submission defence with Serra ' date=' u should give him some credit cause he did a GJ . He did beter then Alves or Fitch or BJ so ...[/quote']

1. I dont spread hate on GSP, I just question his killer instinct and find his style of fighting not that entertaining. This is a forum Bob, where people are able to express their opinions.

2. I gave credit to Hardy for not tapping and surviving thru 25 mins of GSP, but, I do not feel that he deserved the title shot. The way he fought that night proved it

Like u said right here why us discredit Hardy that much ? I think he learn a lot in submission defence with Serra ' date=' u should give him some credit cause he did a GJ . [b']He did beter then Alves or Fitch or BJ so [/b]...

He didn't do better than any of them. GSP just didn't do as much to Hardy as he did to them.

Hardy did nothing but try to survive for 5 rounds. As were Fitch and and Alves were able to actully fight back some.

GSP played it wayyyyyyyy safer in this fight then in those fights. Thats why Hardy wasn't beat up like the others.

I give Hardy credit. But you have to realize GSP didn't try much to advance his position to beable to do more damage.

Sorry, but whoever got that "Dan Hardy is legit" out of the GSP fight is a ****ing idiot. He got dominated and did nothing to make himself look good whatsoever. He wasn't even that good to begin with. Hardy is just a piece of trash, and he's stubborn. That's the only reason GSP didn't finish him. He could have easily broken his arm in that kimura, but he's more professional than that.

Its pretty hard at that level to finish a guy who is willing to just lay on his back defending and trade a loss for not getting stopped' date=' not opening any holes trying to sweep or sub from the bottom. GSP made some technical errors and a big mental one focusing so much on a joint submission instead of switching gears to a choke or GnP.[/quote']

agreed, I was stunned that GSP never tried to transition to Hardy's back

GSP v HARDY the truth

What happened that night shocked a lot of people and they don’t want to admit what is right in their faces which is HARDY is legit.

I kind of got the feeling in the HARDY fight that GSP wanted an impressive sub and he tried a few but again you have to remember you and I have no idea how hard that arm bar was in or the Kimura add to that the fact that no-one gave hardy a chance and don’t want to look foolish for being so bias against brit fighters that they blame GSP for not sinking it in properly.

A lot of the detractors from that fight are of course BJ fans but to those guys I say go look at the HUGHES v BJ 2 fight BJ supposedly the greatest practitioner of BJJ in the sport of MMA had HUGHES in a triangle and arm bar at the same time but couldn’t finish it

You are right. And yes, its all Bj huggers that try to discredit GSP. The second you say something about their GSP trolling they try to turn it around on you. lol

Hardy is a tuff guy. He is a better fighter than most give him credit for. Any other normal person would have tapped. His pride is bigger than his pain tolerance.

Sorry' date=' but whoever got that "Dan Hardy is legit" out of the GSP fight is a ****ing idiot. He got dominated and did nothing to make himself look good whatsoever. He wasn't even that good to begin with. Hardy is just a piece of trash, and he's stubborn. That's the only reason GSP didn't finish him. He could have easily broken his arm in that kimura, but he's more professional than that.

Well GSP said that he was trying to finish those subs so go home do your homework and try again...

You are right. And yes' date=' its all Bj huggers that try to discredit GSP. The second you say something about their GSP trolling they try to turn it around on you. lol

Hardy is a tuff guy. He is a better fighter than most give him credit for. Any other normal person would have tapped. His pride is bigger than his pain tolerance.[/quote']

Delusional....................................................................

Why is everyone saying anyone else would have tapped?????????? Since when is Hardy some BJJ expert???? Did I miss his track record of not being able to be submitted????? Leave it to GSP huggers to hype up a mediocre fighter to defend their boy

Why is everyone saying anyone else would have tapped?????????? Since when is Hardy some BJJ expert???? Did I miss his track record of not being able to be submitted????? Leave it to GSP huggers to hype up a mediocre fighter to defend their boy

Some fighters would have tapped but yeah that armbar wasn't perfect. What comes to Hardy being a bjj expert. His escape from th armbar was pretty nice and he is brown belt in bjj not an expert but not complete ''newbie'' in it either.

I am not hyping nothing. Yes, GSP dominated the fight and WON! I still said I am not happy with his performance. He could have finished him another way. GSP said himself he was not happy. Fact is, he is STILL the Champ!

Unlike Bj who is not! So you trying to call a GSP fans delusional? lmfao! Bj fans are the ones in denial trying to hype Penn to be something he is NOT! Last 4 fights 2-2. Overall record ...blows! nuff said!

I'm sorry, but I don't think any kind of takedown defense training regiment could prepare Hardy for GSP. GSP probably has the best takedowns in UFC. He has sood, solid technique that is almost perfectly executed.

What I wondered is why didn't Hardy try an intercept knee, or something of that nature. By the second round, everyone knew what was coming and how it was going to happen. Frankly, who could blame GSP for doing what he did? Hardy has respectable punching power. What was GSP going to do? Stand there and trade with that weak chin of his?

Overall though, I liked Hardy. Kid wouldn't give up. He went the distance. Now, he can go back to the drawing board and work on his technique and get better.

Hardy was legit even before the GSP fight. What that fight showed us was that Hardy was nowhere near ready to fight GSP... but then who is.

I hope Koscheck beats Daley and gets in line for a title shot. Kos is the only one with the potential wrestling ability to defend GSP's takedowns. There was a good thread about him not too long ago.

Great joke' date=' although it's gramatically incorrect, so you fail

To be continued <-------- notice the D[/quote']

Somebody missed sarcasm 101. That D was definitely not supposed to be there.

If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.

Den again, maybe I never ere GSP tok in my life.

I'm sorry' date=' but I don't think any kind of takedown defense training regiment could prepare Hardy for GSP. GSP probably has the best takedowns in UFC. He has sood, solid technique that is almost perfectly executed.

What I wondered is why didn't Hardy try an intercept knee, or something of that nature. By the second round, everyone knew what was coming and how it was going to happen. Frankly, who could blame GSP for doing what he did? Hardy has respectable punching power. What was GSP going to do? Stand there and trade with that weak chin of his?

Overall though, I liked Hardy. Kid wouldn't give up. He went the distance. Now, he can go back to the drawing board and work on his technique and get better.[/quote']

Hurry up and get to "senior member" status. I'd like to see more people like you around here. Nice post.

Somebody missed sarcasm 101. That D was definitely not supposed to be there.

If you find it hard to laugh at yourself' date=' I would be happy to do it for you.

Den again, maybe I never ere GSP tok in my life.[/quote']

I've seen many a post by Raffy to truly believe that it was not done on purpose.

And i'm not impress by your performance

GSP v HARDY the truth

What happened that night shocked a lot of people and they don’t want to admit what is right in their faces which is HARDY is legit.

I kind of got the feeling in the HARDY fight that GSP wanted an impressive sub and he tried a few but again you have to remember you and I have no idea how hard that arm bar was in or the Kimura add to that the fact that no-one gave hardy a chance and don’t want to look foolish for being so bias against brit fighters that they blame GSP for not sinking it in properly.

A lot of the detractors from that fight are of course BJ fans but to those guys I say go look at the HUGHES v BJ 2 fight BJ supposedly the greatest practitioner of BJJ in the sport of MMA had HUGHES in a triangle and arm bar at the same time but couldn’t finish it

lol if hardy would shave that stupid landing strip on his head i would have alot more respect for him

raffy take a leaf out of this guys book,well thought out and accurate response.........go on at least try!

Sorry' date=' but whoever got that "Dan Hardy is legit" out of the GSP fight is a ****ing idiot. He got dominated and did nothing to make himself look good whatsoever. He wasn't even that good to begin with. Hardy is just a piece of trash, and he's stubborn. That's the only reason GSP didn't finish him. He could have easily broken his arm in that kimura, but he's more professional than that.[/quote']

and then the intelligent conversation went out the window!!!!!!

wow just wow!!!

yes you seem to have missed it.......HARDY HAS ONLY EVER TAPPED TO CHOKES!

Archived