Overtraining

BrockObama

Last night's episode brought this up. Do you guys think Kris McCray was burnt out before his fight due to Tito overloading him in training? Team Rampage had similar issues last TUF. Guys would run five miles in the morning then do a full day of hard training even if it was the week of their fight.

I think it might seriously put a team at a disadvantage.

Last night's episode brought this up. Do you guys think Kris McCray was burnt out before his fight due to Tito overloading him in training? Team Rampage had similar issues last TUF. Guys would run five miles in the morning then do a full day of hard training even if it was the week of their fight.

I think this is the way the show's going to portray it (chris's loss) judging by the previews of next week's episode. I also think that guy Kacey (however you spell it) is a bit of a winer in his own right and is trying to blame the losses on that.

IMHO though if they are working conditioning a lot I would only think it's an advantage. Heavy weights alot during fightin no but conditioning is an advantage imho.

Yeah, Kyacey is just looking for someone to blame. He was 18-15 going into the house and I distinctly remember him telling the coaches that his record sucked because he "took a lot of fights he shouldn't have." Oh yeah, that explains it. I guess he was just taking fights on short notice or injured when he racked up 15 losses.

Yeah' date=' Kyacey is just looking for someone to blame. He was 18-15 going into the house and I distinctly remember him telling the coaches that his record sucked because he "took a lot of fights he shouldn't have." Oh yeah, that explains it. I guess he was just taking fights on short notice or injured when he racked up [i']15 losses[/i].

I laughed @ this! Yet the blame game is all to common anymore.....And yes over working the week of a fight effects performance.Going into a fight fresh opposed to burnt out big diff.Sore muscles and fatigue do play a big role.

I don't think so at all.

I think he gassed because of these factors. He even said on the show, that he likes to finish guys early. His last 3 fights never went beyond 45 seconds. Also his first fight in to the house, was a quick fight. Its his style to fight hard, fight quick and get out of the cage.

He gassed, in my opinion, because of his fighting style and who he was matched up against.

Bryant I called to be one of the top guys to win this whole thing. Well he was definitely underestimated. Bryant was 10-0 before he came in to the house. He is no joke.

McCray went up against a guy, who had a better record and who usually gets decisions. Bryant usually goes the full 15 in fights and gets a decision.

So what I think happened was this.

McCray came out thinking he was going to win in a few minutes. Bryant came out thinking he was going the full 15. McCray put most of his effort in to the first two mins, where as Bryant just went at a steady high pace.

Its inexperience and over confidence, on the part of McCray that gassed him out. Not Titos training methods.

Archived