Bj penn just my opinion

aethlefirth

Ok so anyone who knows me on here knows I?m a huge GSP fan, but while I do like GSP I also admire the skill of BJ but if I was a fan of his I would be terribly disappointed! People like to say well at least BJ always comes to fight and not just grind out a win but that?s not strictly true is it.

All I keep hearing is ?BJ has so much natural talent? and ?imagine what he would be like if he trained!? well surely that?s the least we should expect from these guys!

But with BJ imho we only see a good BJ if it all goes his way otherwise he just gives up and quits! His heart literally gives out because it?s not supposed to go that way after all he is BJ Penn the prodigy and supposed to win it?s in the script and everyone told him so.

Dress it up any way you like BJ has been a victim of his own success skill and ego, he came to bjj and excelled and all called him the prodigy and with good reason.

? May 1997 - Enters first tournament in Bakersfield, CA and wins both his weight and the open weight class.

? June 1997 - Enters the Joe Moreira tournament as a blue belt winning his weight class.

? June 1997 - Wins submission grappling tournament

? 1997 - Receives blue belt from Ralph Gracie

? 1997 - Enters Brasileiro and places 4th in his weight class, blue belt category

? 1997 - Continues to enter tournaments upon return from Brazil placing first consistently

? 1998 - Silver medal at Brazilian Mundials competition in his weight division; receives purple belt upon return

? 1999 - Bronze medal at Brazilian Mundials in heavier weight class as a newly promoted Nova Uniao brown belt.

? 1999 - Gold medal, Copa Pacifica Tournament in Los Angeles, CA

? 1999 - Receives Black belt from Andre Pederneiras just 3 weeks before the 2000 Mundials

? 1999 - Joins Nova Uniao Competition Team (reserved for the four top team competitors)

? 2000 - First non-Brazilian to win gold medal in black belt division of the Mundial World Championships held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

He then came to the UFC and achieves three 1st round knockouts and then in his fourth fight he is fighting for the LW title....not too shabby, though he lost a decision to pulver its clear it was a tough match and in my opinion could have gone either way.

Three fights later and BJ once again fails to take the LW crown scoring a draw with caol Uno! This might start to explain BJ?s disliked and distrust towards judges, but it is another example of BJ expecting to win after all he did last time! Well that worked out great for him didn?t it.

Then the flash of brilliance shows up again when two fights later BJ takes the WW title from MATT HUGHES in what was HUGHES fifth defence of his title and is on a 13 fight win streak that?s 5 more fights than BJ has had at the time.

BJ leaves the UFC claiming there was no one of top quality to oppose him this is indicative of Penns overblown self belief which I?m sure is prompted by those around him blowing no small amount of smoke up his ****.

After leaving the UFC Penn?s only loss was to MACHIDA by decision not bad against a guy who outweighed him by 30lbs and Penn was fat as a pig and I for one am surprised he made it all the way to the end of 3 rounds.

But here we see the ugly side of BJ again he loses a decision to GSP but in a stroke of luck he gets to replace an injured GSP and fight once again for the WW title against HUGHES, but in typical BJ fashion he has already decided ?I?ve beaten him before I will beat him this time? not the best idea against anyone let alone someone like HUGHES.

The second GSP fight was again him showing that he just can?t cope when it doesn?t go his way! and then we have the ultimate display against EDGAR in my opinion BJ had the ability to stop that fight any time he chose, but he wouldn?t even listen to his corner instead he stood trying to get that one big lazy punch against a much smaller opponent.

Say what you want about GSP but you never see him just stop trying.

Like I say BJ is awesome but the biggest problem is he knows it hears it all the time and expects to win every fight.........well that?s not worked out to well for him has it?

It all comes down to focus......GSP has shown the ability to remain zeroed in for a long period of time, whereas BJ falls off the boat. It's a personality difference at the core. BJ is a guy who loves to fight, and would love all the accolades......but doesn't truly care about it as much as a guy like GSP.

i believe when penn hangs up his gloves for good, the point you where making is going to be the strongest argument for annalists looking to critique his career....

he is one of my fav fighters and i believe he will retire the best lw fighter of all time but the question is always going to be there...... could he have achieved a higher lvl of success if he put more effort in training or prepared better to be a more (focused/mentally strong) fighter.

i agree, the people around him stroke his ego too much.....they should have a moderate helping of that to keep his confidence up but also let him realize it is not going to go the way it's supposed to go......good post.

i believe when penn hangs up his gloves for good' date=' the point you where making is going to be the strongest argument for annalists looking to critique his career....

he is one of my fav fighters and i believe he will retire the best lw fighter of all time but the question is always going to be there...... could he have achieved a higher lvl of success if he put more effort in training or prepared better to be a more (focused/mentally strong) fighter.

i agree, the people around him stroke his ego too much.....they should have a moderate helping of that to keep his confidence up but also let him realize it is not going to go the way it's supposed to go......good post.[/quote']

yeah thats the thing isnt it! he will no doubt in my mind go down as the greatest ever LW in the history of MMA i honestly dont see anyone even close.

but did he throw away the chance to be the best MMA fighter at any weight because of his attitude???

in my opinion yes!

i believe when penn hangs up his gloves for good' date=' the point you where making is going to be the strongest argument for annalists looking to critique his career....

i agree, the people around him stroke his ego too much.....they should have a moderate helping of that to keep his confidence up but also let him realize it is not going to go the way it's supposed to go......good post.[/quote']

Agreed. The BJ we saw against Ken Flo and Diego was such a different beast than against GSP and Edgar. I know he said he followed the same training etc in Hilo with the same guys as he did in Cali in the camps for those two fights. The difference is the environment I think. Going to Cali and training away from his own gym I think he got pushed harder and was more mentally focused. To add to it, in the fight with Edgar he flew his whole family to Abu Dhabi 3 weeks before the fight. That has to have an effect.

As much as it sucks to be away from family ( I'm a Sales Rep and spend a week to 10 days away from home each month, I know how much it sucks) I think BJ needs that to focus himself mentally for a fight it seems.

All I know is that the real LW champ lives in Hilo' date=' Hawaii.[/quote']

Freedom u have to give credit to Edgar he win that fight and now he the real champion , but i think BJ will listen is coach now and bring this fight to the ground and win. I can see Edgar out speed BJ again if BJ try to stand with him .

Freedom u have to give credit to Edgar he win that fight and now he the real champion ' date=' but i think BJ will listen is coach now and bring this fight to the ground and win. I can see Edgar out speed BJ again if BJ try to stand with him .[/quote']

I actually scored it BJ winning that fight 48-47.

Freedom u have to give credit to Edgar he win that fight and now he the real champion ' date=' but i think BJ will listen is coach now and bring this fight to the ground and win. I can see Edgar out speed BJ again if BJ try to stand with him .[/quote']

but I will say that Edgar fought a very smart fight and executed his gameplan very well.

I actually scored it BJ winning that fight 48-47.

Yeah it was a close fight , but i give more credit to Edgar cause he push the pace more then BJ did . I mean u lose point when u just sit there and wait to counter a guys , it look bad for judges .

Im sure BJ will take Edgar down next time cause BJ is bigger and maybe stronger then Edgar . I think BJ gonna submit Edgar .

Yeah it was a close fight ' date=' but i give more credit to Edgar cause he push the pace more then BJ did . I mean u lose point when u just sit there and wait to counter a guys , it look bad for judges .

Im sure BJ will take Edgar down next time cause BJ is bigger and maybe stronger then Edgar . I think BJ gonna submit Edgar .[/quote']

like i said BJ could have finished that fight anytime he wanted it just would have taken a bit of effort.

It all comes down to focus......GSP has shown the ability to remain zeroed in for a long period of time' date=' whereas BJ falls off the boat. It's a personality difference at the core. BJ is a guy who loves to fight, and would love all the accolades......but doesn't truly care about it as much as a guy like GSP.[/quote']

+1

like i said BJ could have finished that fight anytime he wanted it just would have taken a bit of effort.

It almost seems like BJ is depressed or something like in the pre-fight interviews and the post fight interviews, it's like he's really mellowed out maybe from having a baby girl I dunno, but he doesn't seem like the BJ of old that was really ****y and believed he was better than the rest he just doesn't seem the same to me.

I have to respectfully disagree with this thread on various points

1./ Having watched a lot of BJ's training sessions on bjpenn.com I know for fact that BJ trained like a demon for the Edgar fight just like he has for the last 4 or 5 of his fights.

2./ BJ Penn turning up thinking he has already won? Well I have thought this for a good while now but if you look at BJ before the fight and when he is walking to the octagon you can actually see the fear etched on his face. Take a look to see if you agree

3./ BJ has one of the biggest hearts in MMA and you only have to look at the fights he has accepted throughout his career to know that. When did he ever submit? GSP gave in to Serra and he gave in to Hughes

Good post.

Thats why i'm not really a BJ fan he's really not a dedicated athlete and doesn't have the heart of most fighters.

....Wrong he has learned dedication the hard way and no man can ever comment on a top fighters heart unless they are ready to train like trojans and fight inside a cage in front of millions of people

Dress it up any way you like BJ has been a victim of his own success skill and ego

i agree 100% with that statement. as well as when you stated "his heart just gives out on him". but what i feel for him isnt disappointment, it's sympathy.

as a die hard bj fan though, i'm not exactly watching him fight to exclusively see a win...in my head, and this could be fan-boy syndrome, bj is a goddamn animal. a feral motherf-cking beast capable of the unimaginable. i watch bj with visions of thomas, and uno, and, and gomi. battles, f-cking wars, with pulver, and gsp, and huges.

i watch bj with anticipation of what might happen, and he rarely "disappoints". when he fought machida, i KNEW bj wouldnt win...but he might!...and he's willing to try...and i find that impressive.

i will admit, as he's gotten older, he's "tamed" a little bit, but i believe that's kinda the nature of the industry. second generation fighters came from a completely different background, and the fact that he still as dangerous as he is, that in itself is pretty impressive, imo.

i agree 100% with that statement. as well as when you stated "his heart just gives out on him". but what i feel for him isnt disappointment' date=' it's sympathy.

as a die hard bj fan though, i'm not exactly watching him fight to exclusively see a win...in my head, and this could be fan-boy syndrome, bj is a goddamn animal. a feral motherf-cking beast capable of the unimaginable. i watch bj with visions of thomas, and uno, and, and gomi. battles, f-cking wars, with pulver, and gsp, and huges.

i watch bj with anticipation of what might happen, and he rarely "disappoints". when he fought machida, i KNEW bj wouldnt win...but he might!...and he's willing to try...and i find that impressive.

i will admit, as he's gotten older, he's "tamed" a little bit, but i believe that's kinda the nature of the industry. second generation fighters came from a completely different background, and the fact that he still as dangerous as he is, that in itself is pretty impressive, imo.[/quote']

watched the sherk fight the other day.........that was a good day for BJ!

The sherk fight was epic in being that he predicted everything to the t... Mohammed ali style no doubt about it. It may have been a bit on the wild side to proclaim he will bloody sherk up to the point he can lick the blood from his gloves... Didn't disappoint! Totally embarrassed sherk after him testing for that prohormone. He totally ahnialated sherk in every way possible, only to let sherk really believe he would shoot in, only to kiss his beast of a flying fu*king knee. One of my all time favorite fights for him, and any other fighter.

And yes, i do think that if he would have been more modest at a younger age, he would have achieved higher status/levels

Ok so anyone who knows me on here knows I?m a huge GSP fan' date=' but while I do like GSP I also admire the skill of BJ but if I was a fan of his I would be terribly disappointed! People like to say well at least BJ always comes to fight and not just grind out a win but that?s not strictly true is it.

All I keep hearing is ?BJ has so much natural talent? and ?imagine what he would be like if he trained!? well surely that?s the least we should expect from these guys!

But with BJ imho we only see a good BJ if it all goes his way otherwise he just gives up and quits! His heart literally gives out because it?s not supposed to go that way after all he is BJ Penn the prodigy and supposed to win it?s in the script and everyone told him so.

Dress it up any way you like BJ has been a victim of his own success skill and ego, he came to bjj and excelled and all called him the prodigy and with good reason.

? May 1997 - Enters first tournament in Bakersfield, CA and wins both his weight and the open weight class.

? June 1997 - Enters the Joe Moreira tournament as a blue belt winning his weight class.

? June 1997 - Wins submission grappling tournament

? 1997 - Receives blue belt from Ralph Gracie

? 1997 - Enters Brasileiro and places 4th in his weight class, blue belt category

? 1997 - Continues to enter tournaments upon return from Brazil placing first consistently

? 1998 - Silver medal at Brazilian Mundials competition in his weight division; receives purple belt upon return

? 1999 - Bronze medal at Brazilian Mundials in heavier weight class as a newly promoted Nova Uniao brown belt.

? 1999 - Gold medal, Copa Pacifica Tournament in Los Angeles, CA

? 1999 - Receives Black belt from Andre Pederneiras just 3 weeks before the 2000 Mundials

? 1999 - Joins Nova Uniao Competition Team (reserved for the four top team competitors)

? 2000 - First non-Brazilian to win gold medal in black belt division of the Mundial World Championships held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

He then came to the UFC and achieves three 1st round knockouts and then in his fourth fight he is fighting for the LW title....not too shabby, though he lost a decision to pulver its clear it was a tough match and in my opinion could have gone either way.

Three fights later and BJ once again fails to take the LW crown scoring a draw with caol Uno! This might start to explain BJ?s disliked and distrust towards judges, but it is another example of BJ expecting to win after all he did last time! Well that worked out great for him didn?t it.

Then the flash of brilliance shows up again when two fights later BJ takes the WW title from MATT HUGHES in what was HUGHES fifth defence of his title and is on a 13 fight win streak that?s 5 more fights than BJ has had at the time.

[b']BJ leaves the UFC claiming there was no one of top quality to oppose him this is indicative of Penns overblown self belief which I?m sure is prompted by those around him blowing no small amount of smoke up his ****.[/b]

After leaving the UFC Penn?s only loss was to MACHIDA by decision not bad against a guy who outweighed him by 30lbs and Penn was fat as a pig and I for one am surprised he made it all the way to the end of 3 rounds.

But here we see the ugly side of BJ again he loses a decision to GSP but in a stroke of luck he gets to replace an injured GSP and fight once again for the WW title against HUGHES, but in typical BJ fashion he has already decided ?I?ve beaten him before I will beat him this time? not the best idea against anyone let alone someone like HUGHES.

The second GSP fight was again him showing that he just can?t cope when it doesn?t go his way! and then we have the ultimate display against EDGAR in my opinion BJ had the ability to stop that fight any time he chose, but he wouldn?t even listen to his corner instead he stood trying to get that one big lazy punch against a much smaller opponent.

Say what you want about GSP but you never see him just stop trying.

Like I say BJ is awesome but the biggest problem is he knows it hears it all the time and expects to win every fight.........well that?s not worked out to well for him has it?

First I just want to say that I agree with your post an extent. BJ has shown he is inconsistent in his career, and while he has times of pure greatness, he also has times where he seems like he is not applying himself. Me being a huge BJ fan and all, when I look back on BJs record I find it very frustrating to say the least. There are numerous opponents BJ should have walked through, but seemed to be lacking in some aspect of the fight and couldnt pull off the W. When I look at his record this is what I see..

Pulver > War, could have gone either way, acceptable defeat

Uno- Draw > Highway robbery. BJ won the fight 29-28 easy

Machida > Understandable, massive size difference

GSP I > War, one of my all time favorite fights. I think GSP eeked it out with takedowns but it really could have gone either way due to the damage BJ inflicted

Hughes II > Disappointing, according to BJs book he broke his rib in the first round to such an extent that it tore his diaphram. Though you all will probably see this as an excuse, it seems legit to me because BJ was dominant, and then fell off the table. Im sure theres doctors records out there that confirms this as well.

GSP II > Understandable outcome, BJ was outclassed, I'm not going to bring up Greasegate because I dont think it would have mattered, but BJ got dominated against an equally skilled, bigger fighter.

Edgar > Frustrating/ Controversial, Its frustrating in the sense that Edgar should have gotten decimated, Penn looked sick IMO (not an excuse, just opinion kids). I scored the fight 48-47 Penn, along with many unofficial score cards. I think the outcome was understandable because Edgar was more active, but I honestly saw him the lose the majoriy of the exchanges through out the fight so the decision, like it or not, is/was/always will be controversial. This is not acceptable though, BJ should have ran through Edgar.. but he allowed it to be a close fight and lost a UD.

Whether this inconsistency is due to lack of motivation or inflated ego I don't know, and neither can you, but as a huge BJ fan it is frustrating to say the least. I can some-what agree with your post about BJs heart. While things are going good for him he is a beast in the cage, but through out his career I've noticed he does not overcome adversity very well. I wouldnt say that it "just gives out on him" but it does seem like when a fight goes to decision, its not usually in mah boys favor.

All this being said, the point in your post that I bolded is completely false. BJ left the UFC for numerous reasons, none of which is because of the level of competition. For one, the UFC had just recently got rid of their LW division, which was BJs division.. that left a bad taste in his mouth. Secondly, after they did away with the LWs, it took almost a year for the UFC to line up his next opponent within the organization.. that also left a bad taste in his mouth. The biggest reason BJ left was due to money, flat out. After BJ beat Hughes his contract was up, and BJ wanted to be making similar to the amount of Hughes and other elites within the organization, after all he just wrecked Hughes. All Dana would give him was a three fight deal for 15/15, 20/20, and 25/25....while Hughes (whom BJ just decimated) was making 50/50 every fight (the first number is how much a fighter makes upon fighting, the second number is the amount he makes upon winning. Numbers are in the thousands). While these problems were going on, K-1 dynomite offered BJ a deal where he'd make 100k per fight no matter what for 3 fights.... who wouldnt accept that deal? BJ left due to money, not because his ego told him there was no competition in the UFC.. if his ego was the problem he sure as **** wouldnt have signed with a K-1 MMA promotion lol.

At the end of the day I think we overblow this kinda stuff for lack of a better term. Im a huge bj penn fan. BJPENN.com Registered, I just feel the same about all fighters & that's they are human and can lose fights.It happens. Bj got through the fight injury free & is prepped for a rematch no need and questioning his dedication he loves to fight he loves the sport, but damn it trainging is NOT FUN some people do love it but its understandable that most people dont. Ill say it his personality is a lil lazy at times but when hes on hes IS ON and cant be stopped it IS ALL UP TO HIM debate if you want to.

First I just want to say that I agree with your post an extent. BJ has shown he is inconsistent in his career' date=' and while he has times of pure greatness, he also has times where he seems like he is not applying himself. Me being a huge BJ fan and all, when I look back on BJs record I find it very frustrating to say the least. There are numerous opponents BJ should have walked through, but seemed to be lacking in some aspect of the fight and couldnt pull off the W. When I look at his record this is what I see..

Pulver > War, could have gone either way, acceptable defeat

Uno- Draw > Highway robbery. BJ won the fight 29-28 easy

Machida > Understandable, massive size difference

GSP I > War, one of my all time favorite fights. I think GSP eeked it out with takedowns but it really could have gone either way due to the damage BJ inflicted

Hughes II > Disappointing, [u']according to BJs book[/u] he broke his rib in the first round to such an extent that it tore his diaphram. Though you all will probably see this as an excuse, it seems legit to me because BJ was dominant, and then fell off the table. Im sure theres doctors records out there that confirms this as well.

GSP II > Understandable outcome, BJ was outclassed, I'm not going to bring up Greasegate because I dont think it would have mattered, but BJ got dominated against an equally skilled, bigger fighter.

Edgar > Frustrating/ Controversial, Its frustrating in the sense that Edgar should have gotten decimated, Penn looked sick IMO (not an excuse, just opinion kids). I scored the fight 48-47 Penn, along with many unofficial score cards. I think the outcome was understandable because Edgar was more active, but I honestly saw him the lose the majoriy of the exchanges through out the fight so the decision, like it or not, is/was/always will be controversial. This is not acceptable though, BJ should have ran through Edgar.. but he allowed it to be a close fight and lost a UD.

Whether this inconsistency is due to lack of motivation or inflated ego I don't know, and neither can you, but as a huge BJ fan it is frustrating to say the least. I can some-what agree with your post about BJs heart. While things are going good for him he is a beast in the cage, but through out his career I've noticed he does not overcome adversity very well. I wouldnt say that it "just gives out on him" but it does seem like when a fight goes to decision, its not usually in mah boys favor.

All this being said, the point in your post that I bolded is completely false. BJ left the UFC for numerous reasons, none of which is because of the level of competition. For one, the UFC had just recently got rid of their LW division, which was BJs division.. that left a bad taste in his mouth. Secondly, after they did away with the LWs, it took almost a year for the UFC to line up his next opponent within the organization.. that also left a bad taste in his mouth. The biggest reason BJ left was due to money, flat out. After BJ beat Hughes his contract was up, and BJ wanted to be making similar to the amount of Hughes and other elites within the organization, after all he just wrecked Hughes. All Dana would give him was a three fight deal for 15/15, 20/20, and 25/25....while Hughes (whom BJ just decimated) was making 50/50 every fight (the first number is how much a fighter makes upon fighting, the second number is the amount he makes upon winning. Numbers are in the thousands). While these problems were going on, K-1 dynomite offered BJ a deal where he'd make 100k per fight no matter what for 3 fights.... who wouldnt accept that deal? BJ left due to money, not because his ego told him there was no competition in the UFC.. if his ego was the problem he sure as **** wouldnt have signed with a K-1 MMA promotion lol.

unfortunately there are several sites that all say the same thing!

Penn was stripped of his welterweight title after breaching contract with the UFC and signing up with the Japanese Fighting and Entertainment Group (FEG) due to not feeling challenged enough in the UFC fights. Penn filed a suit against the UFC regarding the breached contract, trying to defend his welterweight title citing that the contract had already expired. Two years later, in 2006, Dana White announced the return of Penn. UFC and Penn had come to a settlement and Penn was returning to defend his welterweight championship title.

and since i wasnt there i tend to go with the larger group,but i could be wrong!

but the point is i dont think he does most of the time!

No it has been a problem in the past but in his last 5 fights he has trained as well and as hard as any fighter out there. The days of BJ not training hard are over. You could also say it this way. "Everyone wants to question my gas question my Cardio but does Kenny florian have cardio does Sean Sherk have cardio" (BJs words in the run up to the Sanchez fight. When was the last time you saw BJ gas in a fight..... Ages ago ehh

unfortunately there are several sites that all say the same thing!

Penn was stripped of his welterweight title after breaching contract with the UFC and signing up with the Japanese Fighting and Entertainment Group (FEG) due to not feeling challenged enough in the UFC fights. Penn filed a suit against the UFC regarding the breached contract' date=' trying to defend his welterweight title citing that the contract had already expired. Two years later, in 2006, Dana White announced the return of Penn. UFC and Penn had come to a settlement and Penn was returning to defend his welterweight championship title.

and since i wasnt there i tend to go with the larger group,but i could be wrong![/quote']

Well I got all my info from Penn's book. So you can either take the first hand account or your third party sources.... you decide which is more credible

It also seems to me, that BJ buys into the hype of the fights. If its a fight we're people thinking he may not win, he comes in and usually looks great. Like he did against Diego for example. But, if its a fight most people assume he will win, it seems like he kind of uninterested or too laid back, like he was against Frankie.

Straight from the horses mouth..

"Knowing I had this possiblity with K-1 did not motivate them to increae their offer. We were not even discusing future opponents, or anything of that nature, just money. It was frustrating because I was not the type of guy who wanted to deal with these things. K-1 was offereing me $187,000 per fight--- five times what the UFC was offering--- and I was still willing to stay with them(UFC) for one-third of that amount." pg. 201

And again...

"As soon as the UFC realized I was considering other options, they came to me with a new contract, and quite frankly, it was laughable. I had made "25 and 25" against Hughes, which in and of itself was not alot of money. Not to say that $50,000 is a bad thing, but when you're fighting for a championship in an event of this size, you would expect a little more, to say nothing of the risk. The thing is, I didn't even question it. Huges was making close to double what I did, and the total event payout was $540,000, which meant on average fighters made $33,750, and I know most of the lower-level guys were not getting paid anywhere near this. Had Hughes won, he would have recieved "50 and 50", which means the average payout would have been $36,875, and I'd have made $25,000, alot less than the average." pg. 200

And again...

"Every day I just sat aroud my house wondering why in the world they wouldn't ante up he money, which was nothing to them." pg. 202

"In other words, there were quite a few guys making a decent amount of money, and while I was not going broke, I thought I should be making Hughes-like money," pg. 200

/checkmate

Well I got all my info from Penn's book. So you can either take the first hand account or your third party sources.... you decide which is more credible

or could that be a little bias???? im not saying either one is gospell but if i just took PENN's word well im not sure that would be the most accurate!

but like i say i could be wrong.

not sure you have played chess!!!! checkmate???? if it was anything it may have scraped by as check.

look i dont want to get into an arguement with you i have said im not certain either way but putting forward one persons version of events really doesnt prove anything!

White told SI.com that after he became aware of the book, he approached Penn and Penn family lawyer, Gary Levitt, with a question: "Why would you put out a book that is 90 percent not true?"

"I asked him why he would write lies in there and he swore to me that he didn't write it or read it," White said. "So did Gary. If today they are saying they didn't say that, then I feel sorry for them."

If I had a spare million dollars kicking around I would pay GSP to hold Penn down so I could shxt on his face.

I know it's immature but I'm just being honest.

Looks like I just got something new to add to my goal board :)

gaysp loves to hold guys down so im sure he will do a threesome with you,lol....

or could that be a little bias???? im not saying either one is gospell but if i just took PENN's word well im not sure that would be the most accurate!

but like i say i could be wrong.

not sure you have played chess!!!! checkmate???? if it was anything it may have scraped by as check.

look i dont want to get into an arguement with you i have said im not certain either way but putting forward one persons version of events really doesnt prove anything!

That may be the case' date=' but your trying to balance a first hand account that you don't agree with with a wikipedia reference that fits your arguement, and it doesnt work like that. Truth is, nobody true knows why BJ left the company except BJ, and lucky for my side of the arguement BJ decided to spend half a chapter talking about this topic. No where in there does he mention anything pretaining to do with the UFC not haveing enough talent for him. To say that you have to check BJs reasoning with third party sources simply because you don't agree is laughable. How could it be bias when it came right from the guys mouth?

White told SI.com that after he became aware of the book, he approached Penn and Penn family lawyer, Gary Levitt, with a question: "Why would you put out a book that is 90 percent not true?"

"I asked him why he would write lies in there and he swore to me that he didn't write it or read it," White said. "So did Gary. If today they are saying they didn't say that, then I feel sorry for them."

Yeah I've seen that quote before, its probably because BJ makes him look like a complete tool. That being said, I take everything White says with a grain of salt, as do most in the MMA world. Mind you this is the same guy that says Fedor is overrated, Kimbo was just a bum (then he signed him) now hes the real deal. Not to mention he said he would "cut" AS (laughable) so.. White just says random **** 90% of the time, take that as the credible if you'd like lol, but I'm sure BJ making him look like a ****** caused that remark.

Well, the sad part is the statistics really.

The longest win streak Penn ever had is NOWHERE near Frankie edgars, Penns winstreak is 4 which was years ago.

4 Wins in a row is a very low streak for a complete awesome title holder. I meen Matt Hughes has something stupid like 17 wins or 18 wins in a row. So i dont think BJPenn is the P4P best fighter in the world or ever has been. BUT hes a good fighter and deserved to be champion for a few months. NOW the real champion is in his rightful place. Its Edgars time now.

Frankie Edgars highest was 8 wins in a row. AND hes has way less fights than BJPenn. I think the commentators always go on about Penn was P4P because of his experience and to sell his fights. But he should never of been classed as a P4p best fighter in the world. His record isnt good enough. Dana White just spouts out rubbish when he needs to sell his events and hes got every right to. Its up to US if we take in his bullsht or not.

That may be the case' date=' but your trying to balance a first hand account that you don't agree with with a wikipedia reference that fits your arguement, and it doesnt work like that. Truth is, nobody true knows why BJ left the company except BJ, and lucky for my side of the arguement BJ decided to spend half a chapter talking about this topic. No where in there does he mention anything pretaining to do with the UFC not haveing enough talent for him. To say that you have to check BJs reasoning with third party sources simply because you don't agree is laughable. How could it be bias when it came right from the guys mouth?

Yeah I've seen that quote before, its probably because BJ makes him look like a complete tool. That being said, I take everything White says with a grain of salt, as do most in the MMA world. Mind you this is the same guy that says Fedor is overrated, Kimbo was just a bum (then he signed him) now hes the real deal. Not to mention he said he would "cut" AS (laughable) so.. White just says random **** 90% of the time, take that as the credible if you'd like lol, but I'm sure BJ making him look like a ****** caused that remark.[/quote']

i didnt look at wikki first but yes wikki backs that as well! and there was a specific reason i didnt look at PENNS autobiography,its not like he is going to blame himself is it?

its not my arguement really but a lot of what PENN does smells of this overblown ego!

yes i do take what DANA says with a grain of salt but even more so BJ! with his excuses and accusations but they are both as bad as each other.

Well' date=' the sad part is the statistics really.

The longest win streak Penn ever had is NOWHERE near Frankie edgars, Penns winstreak is 4 which was years ago.

4 Wins in a row is a very low streak for a complete awesome title holder. I meen Matt Hughes has something stupid like 17 wins or 18 wins in a row. So i dont think BJPenn is the P4P best fighter in the world or ever has been. BUT hes a good fighter and deserved to be champion for a few months. NOW the real champion is in his rightful place. Its Edgars time now.

Frankie Edgars highest was 8 wins in a row. AND hes has way less fights than BJPenn. I think the commentators always go on about Penn was P4P because of his experience and to sell his fights. But he should never of been classed as a P4p best fighter in the world. His record isnt good enough. Dana White just spouts out rubbish when he needs to sell his events and hes got every right to. Its up to US if we take in his bullsht or not.[/quote']

The competition Edgar has faced is no where near what Bj has. Use your brain before you post.

Archived