Captain America movie

CorpseSwallower

So first off no this is not about Randy Couture, its about the new Movie shooting in June, The First Avenger: Captain America.

Just wondering what people here think of the recent marvel films and Cap being played by Chris Evans.

P.S He was The human torch in Fantastic Four but they are rebooting that franchise so now hes Cap.

Of all the comic book hero movies that have been made recentley or announced this as got to be the one i am least interested in' date=' but i suppose it can't be any worse than [b']superman[/b] returns.

There is another Superman movie being made, coming in 2013 i think. But I always hated Superman.

They did good on cap imo' date=' Could have been way worse, with some one like Channing tatum(the first choice, and would make the movie as bad as the GI joe movie.)[/quote']

Eh the cast is still pretty weak. Chris Evans isn't extremely marketable. The only reason this movie might be good is because of Joe Johnston. He's a pretty good director with Oscar credibility. But to have a good movie, you need to have a solid lead and supporting cast and IMO ryan phillipe isn't that great of support

i thought it was because he just wore patriotic clothing.. ' ; ' ..i didnt know he had super powers.. just a really big shield.. and hollywood needs some better leads man.. todays choice is shishty.. they should of did capt'n america in the 1980's with clint eastwood... "I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself..." lol

OK time for some education from an old comic nerd.

Captain America was the very first comic hero who actually did posess superhuman abilities and traits.

Steve Rogers was a soldier who volunteered fo a U.S. government top secret program to create "super soldiers" to combat the Nazis and their similar program (which was an actual Nazi secret program). Capt. America was the first to take the "Super Soldier Serum" developed by American scientists and an accident shortly after his experiment took place destroyed the laboratory and data and made him the only man to take the serum. This serum was designed to unleash the full physical capabilities of a human being, essentially heightening all of his senses, reflexes, coordination, and strength. He was originally billed as the only physically perfect human being but the connotations pissed off the religous right and it was changed to America's Super Soldier, battling all her foreign enemies, mainly the Red Skull and his Nazi cronies.

And the shield is made from an alloy known as vibranium, developed by the same scientists in the U.S. and Canada who created adamantium, the indestructible alloy infused into the skeleton of Wolverine. The vibranium shield is designed like a frequency receiver, tuned to Cap's unique brainwaves which are channelled thru his red white and blue cowl (that's his headpiece to non comic geeks) and control the flight path of the shield. With Cap's enhanced strength and mental control with the near indestructible nature of the shield it becomes like a small guided missile.

He was eventually frozen in an iceberg after the end of WW II (and the original comic died)and melted in the 60's (when the comic was resurrected under Stan Lee's guidance) to re-emerge as the Defender of the American way. The serum was said to give him prolonged age and virility so although he is supposedly close to 100 years old now he is physically still as perfect as a human can be.

As far as the movie, I am a bit disappointed with the actor in the role, he is too young and has the whole wrong image for Capt. America in my eyes. As you can tell I am a big fan of he original comics and stories and I look forward hopefully to a true representation of what I grew up reading. Capt. America holds a special place for me because my father was a teenage fan during its first run during the war, and it gave us a way to relate to each other when I was a fan as a kid in the 70's and early 80's.

And for the latest round of Marvel movies, the X-Men movies are all disappointing to fans of the old school comics, as they are far and away from the established stories in the series. The Spider Man movies are hit and miss, they get some right and some way off. The first Hulk movie was completely wrong and the second is a well done mix of the comic and TV series storyline. Iron Man was actually the one which stayed truest to the original story, though I was at first unsure of Robert Downey Junior in the role of Tony Stark, however he actually did a good job of it.

So there you have it, I am a 40 yr old comics geek and proud. But I don't go to conventions or put on costumes or anything. Comics were a way for my father and I to relate, and the tradition carries on as I have passed what little remains of my comic collection to my sons. And these days getting kids to read anything at all that is not on a computer screen is next to miraculous!

Don't worry about that. DC will also make a move- they are just bidding their time. They are already in talks of Green Lantern but nothing is made official yet.

Wrong actually, The green lantern is filming now. Ryan reynolds is playing him, and hes playing Deadpool in the deadpool movie right after.

Don't worry about that. DC will also make a move- they are just bidding their time. They are already in talks of Green Lantern but nothing is made official yet.

oh really!

Wrong actually' date=' The green lantern is filming now. Ryan reynolds is playing him, and hes playing Deadpool in the deadpool movie right after.[/quote']

Green-lantern.jpg[/img]

i thought it was because he just wore patriotic clothing.. ' ; ' ..i didnt know he had super powers.. just a really big shield.. and hollywood needs some better leads man.. todays choice is shishty.. they should of did capt'n america in the 1980's with clint eastwood... "I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well' date=' to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself..." lol[/quote']

they did it in the 1990's

OK time for some education from an old comic nerd.

Captain America was the very first comic hero who actually did posess superhuman abilities and traits.

Steve Rogers was a soldier who volunteered fo a U.S. government top secret program to create "super soldiers" to combat the Nazis and their similar program (which was an actual Nazi secret program). Capt. America was the first to take the "Super Soldier Serum" developed by American scientists and an accident shortly after his experiment took place destroyed the laboratory and data and made him the only man to take the serum. This serum was designed to unleash the full physical capabilities of a human being' date=' essentially heightening all of his senses, reflexes, coordination, and strength. He was originally billed as the only physically perfect human being but the connotations pissed off the religous right and it was changed to America's Super Soldier, battling all her foreign enemies, mainly the Red Skull and his Nazi cronies.

And the shield is made from an alloy known as [i']vibranium[/i], developed by the same scientists in the U.S. and Canada who created adamantium, the indestructible alloy infused into the skeleton of Wolverine. The vibranium shield is designed like a frequency receiver, tuned to Cap's unique brainwaves which are channelled thru his red white and blue cowl (that's his headpiece to non comic geeks) and control the flight path of the shield. With Cap's enhanced strength and mental control with the near indestructible nature of the shield it becomes like a small guided missile.

He was eventually frozen in an iceberg after the end of WW II (and the original comic died)and melted in the 60's (when the comic was resurrected under Stan Lee's guidance) to re-emerge as the Defender of the American way. The serum was said to give him prolonged age and virility so although he is supposedly close to 100 years old now he is physically still as perfect as a human can be.

As far as the movie, I am a bit disappointed with the actor in the role, he is too young and has the whole wrong image for Capt. America in my eyes. As you can tell I am a big fan of he original comics and stories and I look forward hopefully to a true representation of what I grew up reading. Capt. America holds a special place for me because my father was a teenage fan during its first run during the war, and it gave us a way to relate to each other when I was a fan as a kid in the 70's and early 80's.

And for the latest round of Marvel movies, the X-Men movies are all disappointing to fans of the old school comics, as they are far and away from the established stories in the series. The Spider Man movies are hit and miss, they get some right and some way off. The first Hulk movie was completely wrong and the second is a well done mix of the comic and TV series storyline. Iron Man was actually the one which stayed truest to the original story, though I was at first unsure of Robert Downey Junior in the role of Tony Stark, however he actually did a good job of it.

So there you have it, I am a 40 yr old comics geek and proud. But I don't go to conventions or put on costumes or anything. Comics were a way for my father and I to relate, and the tradition carries on as I have passed what little remains of my comic collection to my sons. And these days getting kids to read anything at all that is not on a computer screen is next to miraculous!

= Steve Rogers, a sickly young man who was enhanced to the peak of human perfection by an experimental serum in order to aid the United States war effort. Captain America wears a costume that bears an American flag motif, and is armed with an indestructible shield that can be thrown as a weapon

They did good on cap imo' date=' Could have been way worse, with some one like Channing tatum(the first choice, and would make the movie as bad as the GI joe movie.)[/quote']

wtf is up with all these damn superheros being young, i see cap america more of an older guy not chris evans... i also dont get why the same actors are playing different super heros, yeah i know there in different universes but sheit let some other actor play them

wtf is up with all these damn superheros being young' date=' i see cap america more of an older guy not chris evans... i also dont get why the same actors are playing different super heros, yeah i know there in different universes but sheit let some other actor play them[/quote']

With not knowing when the film is to be set, if you go on the origanal story he would have been 23/24 (born July 4 1917) when he got the serum injected (sometime in 1941). so i have no problem with Chris Evens playing Capt due to his age (would have prefered someone else but meh).

wtf is up with all these damn superheros being young' date=' i see cap america more of an older guy not chris evans... i also dont get why the same actors are playing different super heros, yeah i know there in different universes but sheit let some other actor play them[/quote']

YEAH IM WITH YOU THERE!

Green-lantern.jpg[/img]

3895147549_650732a367.jpg[/img]

RYAN REYNOLDS

There is another Superman movie being made' date=' coming in 2013 i think. But I always hated Superman.[/quote']

Christopher Nolan is directing this one though - same guy who is directing the current Batman movies - so it will have a slightly darker edge, plus it could possibly lead to a Superman v Batman movie in the future.

Ryan Reynolds will make a good deadpool, not to sure about green lantern though.

Chris Evans? Would prefer different actors in different superhero roles, he's already in F4 and makes a crossover impossible.

Archived