Sign in to follow this  
2below

Who is the best to never win a championship?

Like in all sports, this debate comes up quite often. We see great players and coaches put up jaw-dropping stats but they never are able to grab that one championship. We have seen it from Ken Griffey Jr. (600+ home runs, no ring) to Don Nelson (winningest coach, no ring) to Dan Marino. With that said, who do you think is the best fighter to never put the belt around their waist?

i didnt watch pride i didn't think he won a belt because wandy was holding it

He won Grand Prix torunament belt which was basically the same thing as the real belt. Probably even better.

Shoot thats easy Fedor. Hes holding the WWE belt of MMA right now but you cant count that!!

Im just saying... Lot of fights I would love to see that dude fight...real fights!

shogun for sure

He was once the #1 LWH in the world, back in pride when he won the grand prix, but never challanged for the belt becuase his team mate, wandy, was holding it. You all know about shogun and the UFC LHW title...

also:-

florian

fitch

sanchez

Thanks for all the input guys I'm glad this thread didn't crash and burn! I see a lot of Shogun's, Florian's and Fitch's.

It seems we have come to a consensus.. almost

If kenflo doesn't achieve a belt in his lifetime, UFC better hand over some serious severence cause he has worked his **** off. For himself and the sport.

Great ambassador too. On a personal an nerdy note, it makes me happy to see him hanging with the Canadian camp.

That depends if you count Pride tournament winners.(For the sake of the argument I will only include UFC, Pride and SF)

If you don't then it's Cro Cop followed closely by Rua.

If you do, then it's Fitch followed closely by Kenflo.

Thiago Silva comes to my mind, That guy's only losses are to a current champ and a previous champ, Gonzaga, Nate the Great. Ken Flo, Kongo, after i thought about it for a short time.

fitch

he's fighting in the hardest division in the hardest promotion in the hardest time period in mma history. he's like 11-1 in he promotion and his only loss is against a champ who is basically invincible

This is simple..Ken Shamrock, I know ill get flamed for this but think about it, he was always number two, well I guess he won one super fight against dan severn, so maybe im wrong, oh well I tried.

KenFlo is cursed to destroy every LW challenger that thinks he can take the belt...especially since he didn't get the first crack at Edgar which I thought he deserved...