First UK UFC Title Holder????

Decker84

i'd personally watch out for john hathaway, hes like a british jon fitch haha

i reckon if andre winner and ross pearson keep winning though, one of them will probably end up getting at least into title contention in the near future

i thought terry etim may be the first guy but hes clearly got some things to work on after his last fight

x

Surely when DW signs up Alex Reid to get even more interest from the british public then it will be him!:rolleyes:

he'll storm through and take the middle weight belt, and then when al-turk takes the light heavy weight belt they have a catch weight fight to see who really is the best of the best, ha ha

I know... you need a passport to enter the North East

Nah mate you need body armour and a security detail or the 4 year olds will mug you for your shoes lol

Really but Pearson is a great fighter and will one day wear the LW belt but I just feel he will have to wait a few years till BJ retires but Ross can throw some good comos and the way he fought Siver and Reilly showed his true class

Surely when DW signs up Alex Reid to get even more interest from the british public then it will be him!:rolleyes:

Forget lol I am laughing so hard that everyone is staring at me in disbelief

Dana will never sign Reid even if it does assure some more publicity as Tom Watson will destroy Reid this next fight

WAR KONG

Forget lol I am laughing so hard that everyone is staring at me in disbelief

Dana will never sign Reid even if it does assure some more publicity as Tom Watson will destroy Reid this next fight

WAR KONG

Must agree,Kong will beat Reid almost to death!

What about Nick Osipczak?

Was impressed with him on TUF9 and was really unlucky against Story at 112.

Nah mate you need body armour and a security detail or the 4 year olds will mug you for your shoes lol

Really but Pearson is a great fighter and will one day wear the LW belt but I just feel he will have to wait a few years till BJ retires but Ross can throw some good comos and the way he fought Siver and Reilly showed his true class

hey, whats with the hate for the north east? you do know we don't all work down the pit and get drunk and fight any more? they've shut the pits.

you want to buy a car stereo?

Must agree' date='Kong will beat Reid almost to death!

What about Nick Osipczak?

Was impressed with him on TUF9 and was really unlucky against Story at 112.[/quote']

reid has backed out of the fight with kong, just goes to show the fighting spirit he possesses...pffft

slick nick could potentially be great, considering how great of a wrestler rick story is, he still stuffed many of his takedowns and i personally thought did enough to win the decision

I am telling you guys watch out for paul sass. He just sign a 4 fight deal with ufc hes 10-0 and 21 years old

sass has a sick ground game not gonna lie, but his wrestling isnt the best and even his strikes arent anything to boast about

reminds me a little bit of dave faulkner, great subs and great heart, but thats about it

x

reid has backed out of the fight with kong' date=' just goes to show the fighting spirit he possesses...pffft

slick nick could potentially be great, considering how great of a wrestler rick story is, he still stuffed many of his takedowns and i personally thought did enough to win the decision

sass has a sick ground game not gonna lie, but his wrestling isnt the best and even his strikes arent anything to boast about

reminds me a little bit of dave faulkner, great subs and great heart, but thats about it

x[/quote']

I am saying the guys 21 he has ages to keep improving his game

GSP or somebody before him' date=' Canada is part of the UK.[/quote']

Canada is not part of the UK. We are part of the Commonwealth of Nations that used to be called the British Commonwealth. But we are definitely NOT part of the UK.

As to the OP, the first UK champ will be someone that decides ground game is important.

I was hoping for Etim being a scouser myself but he showed at UFC 112 he is a step behind the elite of the division. I think Pearson could get bullied around by a wrestler like Maynard or J.Miller. I don't think any active UK fighter will win a UFC title to be honest. What about Rob Broughton-Brock in 2012 for the title?

reid has backed out of the fight with kong' date=' just goes to show the fighting spirit he possesses...pffft

x[/quote']

Dave Faulkner and great heart should never be mentioned in the same sentence again.

I was hoping for Etim being a scouser myself but he showed at UFC 112 he is a step behind the elite of the division. I think Pearson could get bullied around by a wrestler like Maynard or J.Miller. I don't think any active UK fighter will win a UFC title to be honest. What about Rob Broughton-Brock in 2012 for the title?

i like broughton and i think he'll make waves at heavyweight if people stand with him...but his cardio is gash and he is USELESS off his back

Dave Faulkner and great heart should never be mentioned in the same sentence again.

yer i forgot about him quitting before the third round in his TUF fight due to "breathing problems" haha, whoops

his fights before TUF werent bad though

x

Canada is not part of the UK. We are part of the Commonwealth of Nations that used to be called the British Commonwealth. But we are definitely NOT part of the UK.

As to the OP' date=' the first UK champ will be someone that decides ground game is important.[/quote']

so Etim or Pearson?

both pretty good ground game

same. dirty mackems

great fighter though.

HAHA' date=' me too!!! well gateshead, but i still hate sunderland![/quote']

woo hoo, the geordie massive!!!! it hurts when i remember he's a mackem, i'm from ashington, we've got an mma gym here and pearson actually does some seminars there, think he's done 2 recently

As to the OP' date=' the first UK champ will be someone that decides ground game is important.[/quote']

Thats right, we found you're country cold and gave it back in the 50's lol...with a little sting in the tail...we left you with french people lol

UK consists of Ireland' date=' Scotland, England, and Wales[/quote']

UK is england, scotland, wales only northern ireland...thats why we have the problems with the IRA.

GB is england scotland wales

anyway im off to watch tuf, my answer is put pickett up a weight and i'd pick him.

Thats right' date=' we found you're country cold and gave it back in the 50's lol...with a little sting in the tail...we left you with french people lol[/quote']Thats ok they find it cold too or maybe they just like to come to the US and spread their inferior money around

I wouldnt count out Daley, as long as he is working on his ground game. Probably too late for him to learn BJJ, but he is powerful enough to become a good wrestler for sure. Of course, he has to get past GSP to get the title - and first Kos - but with those hands, he has a shot. I hope he shuts Kos up with a big KTFO

Archived