Machidas win verse shogun should have an asterix next to it

Uwillsubmit

meh

but as far as bad decisions go, shogun gets the worst of it. hopefully it will all get settled this weekend and the fight gets finished, that way we can all move on and be over it, cause the whole controversy has been driven into the ground already

lol yea it was funny, i was watching the countdown and machida thought he won the first 4 rounds. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! omg machida you must be retarted or something? u got your **** whopped at LEAST 3 of the rounds and the unanimous decision for MACHIDA?? waaaatttt??? wait that not right?? shogun will avenge his loss though guys. i belive he will submit machida with something like a knee bar like he did to randleman or arm bar/choke out. machida expecxting a stand up and i belive shogun will once again suprise him but will come away witht he victory

frankie edgar virtually dominated bj in every round tho' date=' forrest n rampage was too close to call so rampage shuda kept his belt imo, thats why machida kept the belt coz it was close, but not as close as forrest rampage[/quote']

penn won the first 3 rounds of that fight you walking contradicting piece of poo

If you BEAT the champ on points, is that not still a victory?

You guys act like this is like Call Of Duty, where being the champ gets you a perk or special points or some s***. Do we really want a champ who glides to victory, or is a fake champion or gets a W cause of these special points?

I just find it funny that I see more guys come out and intelligently make an argument for Rua (though yes, there are a lot of braindead idiots that come out too for Rua) then I see for Machida (also a lot of braindead idiots as well).

like the baseball steroid cheats do for home runs.

and in brackets next to the asterix it should say "luckiest muthafuccin decision ever" or "the 3 judges were watching you**** instead of the fight"

one of the greatest travesties ever

Jesus CHRIST.

Do you kids have NOTHING else to talk about?

They fight again in a week, why are people STILL talking about the fight that happened over 6 MONTHS AGO?

Please SHUT UP

lol yea it was funny' date=' i was watching the countdown and machida thought he won the first 4 rounds. hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! omg machida you must be retarted or something? u got your **** whopped at LEAST 3 of the rounds and the unanimous decision for MACHIDA?? waaaatttt??? wait that not right?? shogun will avenge his loss though guys. i belive he will submit machida with something like a knee bar like he did to randleman or arm bar/choke out. machida expecxting a stand up and i belive shogun will once again suprise him but will come away witht he victory[/quote']

It was his brother.

Moron.

The score was 48-47 EITHER WAY, shoulda been ruled a split decision.

WHO CARES

frankie edgar virtually dominated bj in every round tho' date=' forrest n rampage was too close to call so rampage shuda kept his belt imo, thats why machida kept the belt coz it was close, but not as close as forrest rampage[/quote']

The Machida/SHogun fight was WAY closer than Forrest/Rampage; Forrest actually seriously injured Rampage and took him down multiple times.

And honestly the Penn/Edgar fight was just as close if not closer than the Machida/Shogun fight, although Frankie was the more effective striker and had that takedown in the 4th.

The argument that "you have to BEAT the champ to become the champ" is valid for the Machida/Rua fight, because the fight WAS extremely close. I scored the fight as a victory for Machida as well, but I would not have been surprised if Rua would have won. When the fight is THAT close, the champ deserves to get the decision.

If you want to beat the champ, don't make it that close of a fight. It WAS Rua's fault that he "left it in the hands of the judges" because he didn't do enough to undeniably take the fight.

Now, if Rua would have ended one of the rounds with a flurry like Machida did multiple times, he WOULD have won that fight. Machida's late flurries (regardless of how effective they were) were the reason Machida won that fight.

END OF ARGUMENT, please!

None of Shogun fans bs talk matters, none of Machida fans bs talk matters... So get it over:

machida_ufc_104_2.jpg

You already got your rematch and you people still are *****ing about it ? Guess you people are already making excuses for the can of whoop **** Machida will give Shogun in 113

penn won the first 3 rounds of that fight you walking contradicting piece of poo

Penn won the first 3??? looks to me like frankie won more rounds seeing as he has the belt

i dont know why Penn and Rua fans complain, your boys are getting their chances to prove the judges wrong, i think Penn deserves it because he was the champ for soo long and deserves that respect but Rua deserves jack **** he shouldnt of been given the title shot in the first place and he lost the title match therefor IMO a challenger should not get an immediate rematch

There are no asterix in any baseball record book, they tried it with Roger Mariss' HR record but that was removed, and there has been no other put in the books since.

Just like there will be no asterix necessary when Machida beats him again, but then the outcry will be "Well he shoulda got the belt the first time so he is the real champ to me!"

like the baseball steroid cheats do for home runs.

and in brackets next to the asterix it should say "luckiest muthafuccin decision ever" or "the 3 judges were watching you**** instead of the fight"

one of the greatest travesties ever

You listen to rogan too much

Rua did not beat Machida.

And every leg kick got countered.

Still it was a boring fight... from both fighters.

Archived