UFC114 promo

Furiousmat

I just watched the UFC114 promo and I noticed that it kinda starts with Dana saying that

"this isn't a fight where the two are gonna try to grapple they're gonna bang"

cool... now even Dana is dismissing the value of grappling in MMA. UFC really is going to **** MMA up. Now that they got lots of fans with their over hyped promo these new fans start to realise it's not always movie-fashionned like Anderson Silva's back elbow finish. Now instead of selling the sport for what it is and being honnest about it, instead of selling it like a real sport in which many disciplines merge to showcase the most truth about the arts of combat, they're slowly deforming it to make it fit the public's will.

Soon BJJ will be ruled out of the UFC cuz instead of trying to promote the sport as it really is, they're giving it a false spectacular image to bring more and more people to watch something they believe will look like the preview, but in fact doesn't.

A fighter should never have to apologize for an honnest performance. It seems that when it comes to trying to make the sport legal in a new state or country, Dana is all around saying that this is not a bum fight, it's a sport with professional martial artists and athletes. But when it comes to promoting the event, Dana ***** on the less marketable aspects of the sport and cheers way more for the fighters that swing carelessly like bums until one of them gets 1 punch KO'd in a completly uncontrol manner than for the technique and professionnalism of their fighters..

If even Dana has started to openly criticize grappling in the promos then you can expect there isn't much time left before they pull out new rules that will render grappling less and less valuable, in order to keep their false fans they made in the last 2 years.

And it pisses me off.

*edited that was way too long and all out on 300 subjects at a time...*

I just watched the UFC114 promo and I noticed that it kinda starts with Dana saying that

"this isn't a fight where the two are gonna try to grapple they're gonna bang"

cool... now even Dana is dismissing the value of grappling in MMA. UFC really is going to **** MMA up. Now that they got lots of fans with their over hyped promo these new fans start to realise it's not always movie-fashionned like Anderson Silva's back elbow finish. Now instead of selling the sport for what it is and being honnest about it' date=' instead of selling it like a real sport in which many disciplines merge to showcase the most truth about the arts of combat, they're slowly deforming it to make it fit the public's will.

Soon BJJ will be ruled out of the UFC cuz instead of trying to promote the sport as it really is, they're giving it a false spectacular image to bring more and more people to watch something they believe will look like the preview, but in fact doesn't.

A fighter should never have to apologize for an honnest performance. It seems that when it comes to trying to make the sport legal in a new state or country, Dana is all around saying that this is not a bum fight, it's a sport with professional martial artists and athletes. But when it comes to promoting the event, Dana ***** on the less marketable aspects of the sport and cheers way more for the fighters that swing carelessly like bums until one of them gets 1 punch KO'd in a completly uncontrol manner than for the technique and professionnalism of their fighters..

It also makes me laugh when I see people saying "it's mixed martial arts! not only BJJ! or not only wrestling!".

That is true.. But if you had any knowledge of how the UFC was created you'd know that the first breed of fighters only had each 1 discipline. It was a tournament between the disciplines. And the ground game was obviously proven to be COMPLETLY NECESSARY. Gracie won several times by using ONLY BJJ. Did people boo him for that? no. Now of course the sport has evolved and fighter have to use more than one discipline because if they don't they're not likely to be successful. But just remember that their isn't any rule that forces you to use multiple martial arts. It's just in your own benefit that you should... If a fighter happens to be good enough at only 1 discipline that he could dominate every fighters with it, then there's nothing wrong with it.

the UFC ALLOWS several martial arts, it doesn't FORCE fighters to use them. and if the organisation itself is going to start spitting on some aspects of the sport because it's less marketable, well sry, I call that prostitution. And it disgusts me.

If you watch a wrestling match, you don't go and say "well wtf come on hit each others this is boring!". You don't because you expect it to be a wrestling match. On the other hand, if I go watch a boxing match, and the fighters turn out to be in some stalemate where no1 seems to be able to really hurt the other, I'm not gonna stand and shout "take him to the ground!". I wont do that because it's a boxing match and I came to see boxing.

Well if MMA was promoted honnestly, people would come and watch an MMA fight knowing that it will probably turn into a grappling match, because it's part of what can happen in this sport. Instead of that, people see the ads, they get all hyped and hope to see some freagin Wu Su. Or all they know about the sport are some A.Silva HL and they're very disappointed with what they see because this is not what they expected to see. And most of them just don,t understand what is going on on the ground.

If even Dana has started to openly criticize grappling in the promos then you can expect there isn't much time left before they pull out new rules that will render grappling less and less valuable, in order to keep their false fans they made in the last 2 years.

And it pisses me off.[/quote']

crybaby.png?w=300&h=425

Archived