A Different Perspective On Brock.

BodyModifier

I would like to just state I don't dislike any fighter in the UFC.I do have some insight on this topic about Brock.In my opinion Brock is just a one dimensional fighter.He is evolving somewhat.He has demonstrated good boxing/stand up.The main reason why he is winning his fights are just due to his size and body mass.Also his wrestling pedigree.They say that GSP lays and prays.I see the same with Brock,but he just GNPs his victims.Nothing is wrong with that.That is not a complete MMA fan in my eyes.Sure Matt Hughes and others have succeeded in UFC with a wrestling background.I just believe Brock to be over rated as well over hyped at the moment.He has a mediocre resume of fighters he has defeated on paper.From what Mirko4Life has stated.To add onto that.He hasn't faced the real competition yet.He came into the UFC for Dana White to sell tickets.I don't agree with the UFC and their contender policy or w/e.I believe it's just a business that Dana White wants to make money off of.To sell tickets.I can say this in any other division as well.Anyways back to the subject.Brock hasn't faced potentially dangerous opponents as of yet.Until Carwin.He hasn't faced a good striker.I believe Brock is somewhat one dimensional still,Sure muscle and aggression is great,but that won't save him against the veterans of submissions or knock out artists.He still has a lot of knowledge to learn in MMA.Too many people just jumped onto his bandwagon once he started ground and pounding people like an animal.When you think outside the box you think of it the way I do.So technically I don't consider him an amazing mma fighter.I believe he's just the phase as of now.Until he grows into a complete MMA fighter.You Brock fans bash GSP,but GSP is far more well rounded than Brock is.I don't bash fighters.I just see things in all angles.I do like Brock.I just wanted to state my opinion.Even if it has been stated before.Thanks for reading.

P.S. Brock fans.Don't get offended.This isn't a thread to bash your fighter.It's just an opinion on the fighter.I know most will

though lol.

Yes I know he faced Frank Mir he is a submission expert,but Frank Mir isn't a top dog in my opinion

GSP fans bash Lesnar even though Lesnar finishes his fights. - thats a two way street my friend.

Lesnars career will follow Titios imo. He'll dominate the division for a long time through superior size, wrestling, and GnP, except Lesnar will probably do it for a longer time.

GSP fans bash Lesnar even though Lesnar finishes his fights. - thats a two way street my friend.

Lesnars career will follow Titios imo. He'll dominate the division for a long time through superior size' date=' wrestling, and GnP, except Lesnar will probably do it for a longer time.[/quote']

Yeah that's true with everything you have said.I personally think a striker will rock him while they have a chance on the feet.I can't see Brock dodging every shot while going for a take down.I haven't seen how well his chin is either.So I can't really reply to that,but I know once he faces a deadly striker.I believe it'll be how well brock is good at his timing,or how good the striker is good at timing while about to get taken down.The striker can also dodge and then move around and pick him apart.I would of loved to see Mirko back in the day against Brock.

The new talents in the HW will make Brock's hype short-lived. Did I say hype? Guess I did.

Anyway, Brock is a beast and a force to be reckoned with, but like I said, the division is growing very fast and before you know it, his size will no longer be a factor. The next generation of HW fighters will be either monstrous or very fast like that of JDS.

I would like to just state I don't dislike any fighter in the UFC.I do have some insight on this topic about Brock.In my opinion Brock is just a one dimensional fighter.He is evolving somewhat.He has demonstrated good boxing/stand up.The main reason why he is winning his fights are just due to his size and body mass.Also his wrestling pedigree.They say that GSP lays and prays.I see the same with Brock' date='but he just GNPs his victims.Nothing is wrong with that.That is not a complete MMA fan in my eyes.Sure Matt Hughes and others have succeeded in UFC with a wrestling background.I just believe Brock to be over rated as well over hyped at the moment.He has a mediocre resume of fighters he has defeated on paper.From what Mirko4Life has stated.To add onto that.He hasn't faced the real competition yet.He came into the UFC for Dana White to sell tickets.I don't agree with the UFC and their contender policy or w/e.I believe it's just a business that Dana White wants to make money off of.To sell tickets.I can say this in any other division as well.Anyways back to the subject.Brock hasn't faced potentially dangerous opponents as of yet.Until Carwin.He hasn't faced a good striker.I believe Brock is somewhat one dimensional still,Sure muscle and aggression is great,but that won't save him against the veterans of submissions or knock out artists.He still has a lot of knowledge to learn in MMA.Too many people just jumped onto his bandwagon once he started ground and pounding people like an animal.When you think outside the box you think of it the way I do.So technically I don't consider him an amazing mma fighter.I believe he's just the phase as of now.Until he grows into a complete MMA fighter.You Brock fans bash GSP,but GSP is far more well rounded than Brock is.I don't bash fighters.I just see things in all angles.I do like Brock.I just wanted to state my opinion.Even if it has been stated before.Thanks for reading.

P.S. Brock fans.Don't get offended.This isn't a thread to bash your fighter.It's just an opinion on the fighter.I know most will

though lol.

Yes I know he faced Frank Mir he is a submission expert,but Frank Mir isn't a top dog in my opinion[/quote']

1) less brick of text plz =(

2) Im not yelling at you or mad, but wtf do you want from the guy. No **** he is a one dimensional mma fighter he just started doing it. The dude was a great wrestler and he joined mma how long ago? of course he is gonna rely on his wrestling.

3) enough of the competition ****. He has fought better competition in his first few fights than pretty much anybody. He hasnt been around long of enough for that bs to matter one way or another. He is champ, and as long as he is he will fight the best of the best. I really hope he wins another couple fights so i get to see the next set of reasons, utilizing retarded logic, about how he really sucks.

He has a mediocre resume of fighters he has defeated on paper.FHe hasn't faced the real competition yet.

Yes I know he faced Frank Mir he is a submission expert' date='but Frank Mir isn't a top dog in my opinion[/b']

Well your opinion isnt all that accurate. Look NOBODY, and I mean nobody hates Frank Mir as much as me, I really cant stand the guy, but the dude has probably the BEST Jiu Jitsu in MMa. I can say that because I am a fan of this sport and still respect fighters. I respect Mir fighting but cant stand his personality. Mir IS a VERY dangerous opponent, and Brock mauled him. If Brock fought Nogueira tomorrow he would destroy Nog.

Brock is pretty one dimensional though, but what is wrong with that?? Wrestler have been the most dominate fighters in this sport. There have been way more wrestling champs that Bjj champs.

And as far as the resume: Heath Herring has fought EVERYBODY!!! Serious, he is a well rounded fighter and Brock completely destroyed him. Couture: F****** Legend!!!!!! Anyone stupid enough to say a win over Randy Couture doesnt mean anything, needs to shoot themselves immediately. And lets not forget the absolute bashing of Frank Mir.

I believe the fight with Carwin will answer a lot of questions.

I'm seeing Brock taking Carwin down with ease and GnP. But I really hope these two giants stand up and trade. So if Brock stands up with Carwin and knock him out is he then a true mixed martial artist considering Carwin is recognized striker?

I'm seeing Brock taking Carwin down with ease and GnP. But I really hope these two giants stand up and trade. So if Brock stands up with Carwin and knock him out is he then a true mixed martial artist considering Carwin is recognized striker?

I'll be very surprised if Brock stands for more than 15 seconds on his feet before shooting for a take down. Carwin better be working on take down defense and off his back his best chance is too make Brock work really hard for every take down and gas him other wise it'll be a bad night for him.

I don't see Carwin KOing him early Brock is going to be too prepared to avoid any kind of exchanges. What would be neat and wise of Carwin is too shoot for a take down before Brock put that gorilla on his back and GnP, but in all of Carwins fights I've never really seen him bum rush so I don't see this happening.

Well your opinion isnt all that accurate. Look NOBODY' date=' and I mean nobody hates Frank Mir as much as me, I really cant stand the guy, but the dude has probably the BEST Jiu Jitsu in MMa. I can say that because I am a fan of this sport and still respect fighters. I respect Mir fighting but cant stand his personality. Mir IS a VERY dangerous opponent, and Brock mauled him. If Brock fought Nogueira tomorrow he would destroy Nog.

Brock is pretty one dimensional though, but what is wrong with that?? Wrestler have been the most dominate fighters in this sport. There have been way more wrestling champs that Bjj champs.

And as far as the resume: Heath Herring has fought EVERYBODY!!! Serious, he is a well rounded fighter and Brock completely destroyed him. Couture: F****** Legend!!!!!! Anyone stupid enough to say a win over Randy Couture doesnt mean anything, needs to shoot themselves immediately. And lets not forget the absolute bashing of Frank Mir.

Saying that Mir has the best bjj in MMA is fu**ing retarted. Ever heard a guy named Demian Maia or BJ Penn? And there's long list of fighters in MMA that r alot better than Mir but I won't write them all down here for two reasons. First I don't wanna write so much and second you won't probably even know who they r...

My prediction is either Carwin midway therough the first after he gets out of Brocks clinch' date=' or Lesnar with a rear naked choke in the second. I honestly believe that.[/quote']

Started watching mma yesterday? Carwin is purple belt in bjj and Lesnar prolly doesn't even know what RNC means... Only way for Lesnar to win is via GnP.

First I disagree like a few others. You said he hasn't faced a veteran submission artist. Hmm yah I guess Frank Mir isn't in that catergory. You also said mediocore opponents. You are right who is Randy Couture. I mean I can see that you feel like he is one dimensional that is fine. The point is if you are good at something do it. One of the best pound for pound fighters in the world is one dimensional. Have you seen Gsp's last 2 fights? I guess that makes Brock garbage though. I remember watching Chuck just use his kickboxing to rattle off how many straight k.o's I guess he is not proven either.

My point is why is everyone hating on Brock. The guy has faced legit competition. He got a title shot took it won it then unified at Ufc 100 against the one person that beat him. I mean it isn't like he got lucky at Ufc 100 he completly dominated Mir. Everyone thinks Carwin is going to be the white knight to come knock Brock off his throne. Do you people realize that Brock's doctors say he was fighting at 60% of his potential. Now no offense but if this is true do you really think Carwin or any of the other heavyweights can stop him. I mean his shots are going to be 40 % faster. Do you remember the right hand that broke Herring's face? Guess what I am sure that is going to be a little harder and faster.

brock is evolving. yeah sure he is a meat head. but, he has been training with eric paulsen since day 1 of his mma career, and that can only be to his advantage. eric is phenominal in his knowledge of the ground game. that combined with brocks speed and power, i'm not sure who will be able to defeat him. hopefully carwin can do a job on him....

I agree with this statement.

I dont believe we have seen good boxing from Brock at all, i dont know what fight some of you have been watching bu i havent seen any significant boxing from Brock Lesnar.

Im all for Carwin in this fight.

GO CARWIN!!!!!

The only thing that's clear in this thread and in many others regarding Lesnar, GSP, etc. on here is that the human race is not evolving, but reverting. I swear I don't get you people always complaining and trying to discredit fighters.

The UFC must be full of the world's worst fighters and this forum full of the world's best:rolleyes:

The only thing that's clear in this thread and in many others regarding Lesnar' date=' GSP, etc. on here is that the human race is not evolving, but reverting. I swear I don't get you people always complaining and trying to discredit fighters.

The UFC must be full of the world's worst fighters and this forum full of the world's best:rolleyes:[/quote']

well said....

The only thing that's clear in this thread and in many others regarding Lesnar' date=' GSP, etc. on here is that the human race is not evolving, but reverting. I swear I don't get you people always complaining and trying to discredit fighters.

The UFC must be full of the world's worst fighters and this forum full of the world's best:rolleyes:[/quote']

I can't speak for the others, but on my behalf I only discredit Brock character and attitude not his fighting ability. I do believe how ever that most people talk trash on him and dislike him purely because of his undeserved hype and attention that he gets not his fighting ability.

There are extremes from both sides you got the people that hate him that complete discredit him and you got his fans that think he's the Ali of MMA. Personally I think hes fans give him too much credit for a guy who has only had 5 MMA fights. Now when it comes down to his fighting ability I'll give credit when it's deserving. He is the champ and has a game that works well for him.

I can't speak for the others' date=' but on my behalf I only discredit Brock character and attitude not his fighting ability. I do believe how ever that most people talk trash on him and dislike him purely because of his undeserved hype and attention that he gets not his fighting ability.

There are extremes from both sides you got the people that hate him that complete discredit him and you got his fans that think he's the Ali of MMA. Personally I think hes fans give him too much credit for a guy who has only had 5 MMA fights. Now when it comes down to his fighting ability I'll give credit when it's deserving. He is the champ and has a game that works well for him.[/quote']

He's a huge, powerful, fast, athletic guy with a 106-5 NCAA wrestling pedigree why is it hard to understand there will be hype associated with that? Guys like that are not a dyme a dozen but are extremely rare. Most end up playing a professional sport making far more money so it's even rarer to see them joing the UFC, again deserving some hype.

I think what he's accomplished in a very short time is very comendable but it's not indicative of invicibility either. I think most fans would agree that he's not invincible but there are some who do think he's super human. Don't let "some" skew your view of all of Lesnar's fans. Some of Silva's fans think he's invincible as well but I try to remain neutral on my position regarding them.

The bottom line is we don't need all of these threads between fights. He's not faught on a very long time now. Lets all sit back, grab a beer, and enjoy the other fighters until this guy faces Carwin. If he beats Carwin i'm sure we'll see more hate threads however.

I like Carwin and Lesanr; however, i'd give Lesnar a good advantage in this fight and it's hard for me to understand how someone couldn't give him an advantage. Sure Couture had Lesnar in a clinch but that was his 3rd UFC fight and it's Couture who could put godzilla in the clinch. This guy is evolving give credit where it's do.

And for all the "he talked smack" people consider how much (NONE) smack he talked to the equally respectful Couture. Thank you.

He's a huge' date=' powerful, fast, athletic guy with a 106-5 NCAA wrestling pedigree why is it hard to understand there will be hype associated with that? Guys like that are not a dyme a dozen but are extremely rare. Most end up playing a professional sport making far more money so it's even rarer to see them joing the UFC, again deserving some hype.

I think what he's accomplished in a very short time is very comendable but it's not indicative of invicibility either. I think most fans would agree that he's not invincible but there are some who do think he's super human. Don't let "some" skew your view of all of Lesnar's fans. Some of Silva's fans think he's invincible as well but I try to remain neutral on my position regarding them.

The bottom line is we don't need all of these threads between fights. He's not faught on a very long time now. Lets all sit back, grab a beer, and enjoy the other fighters until this guy faces Carwin. If he beats Carwin i'm sure we'll see more hate threads however.

I like Carwin and Lesanr; however, i'd give Lesnar a good advantage in this fight and it's hard for me to understand how someone couldn't give him an advantage. Sure Couture had Lesnar in a clinch but that was his 3rd UFC fight and it's Couture who could put godzilla in the clinch. This guy is evolving give credit where it's do.

And for all the "he talked smack" people consider how much (NONE) smack he talked to the equally respectful Couture. Thank you.[/quote']

I agree that people should stop talking about Lesnar and talk more about the Shogun/Machida rematch :cool: and I can always respect a fighters skill and ability in the cage, but the ones I root for or have as my favorites are the humble more respectful underdog types and too me Lesnar doesn't fit in that category so I'll always have a general dislike for him and will jeer him in his fights, but that won't effect my analogy of how a fight will break down. I do believe he'll have the advantage over Carwin on paper I see Lesnar winning, but It's MMA and I'm hoping Carwin does the right things to take it home.

I agree that people should stop talking about Lesnar and talk more about the Shogun/Machida rematch :cool: and I can always respect a fighters skill and ability in the cage' date=' but the ones I root for or have as my favorites are the humble more respectful underdog types and too me Lesnar doesn't fit in that category so I'll always have a general dislike for him and will jeer him in his fights, but that won't effect my analogy of how a fight will break down. I do believe he'll have the advantage over Carwin on paper I see Lesnar winning, but It's MMA and I'm hoping Carwin does the right things to take it home.[/quote']

Yep, 113 is going to ge a great card and I can't wait! I'm on withdrawl considering I didn't purchase/make any attempt to watch 112 having known the main event was going to be awful. Good guess huh lol

Yep' date=' 113 is going to ge a great card and I can't wait! I'm on withdrawl considering I didn't purchase/make any attempt to watch 112 having known the main event was going to be awful. Good guess huh lol[/quote']

113 is gonna be a beast of a card you got Semtex and Kos come on someone is getting KOed or submitted, Kimbo actually fighting a guy who I believe will box with him so I see a KO in that one as well and of course the rematch of the decade whether it ends up being boring or not I think people will stick their faces to the screen and watch every movement of that fight.

Archived