Best (and goriest) Zombie Flick You've Seen...

Manho

Gory yet without capitalizing so much on it and sacrificing the essence of the plot, and still entertaining to watch. Even B- movie zombie flick is fine with me!

In no particular order:

Zombieland

Dawn of the dead (2004)

Dawn of the dead (earlier version)

Night of the living dead (original)

There is like a night of the living dead sequel that I loved where they go to the electrical power plant and zap the heck outta them!! I wish I could find this one on widescreen dvd or something to get for my collection!! and of course not a zombie flick but classic good old horror is The howelling!!! total classics in my opinion

Not technically zombies but 28 Days Later. I did enjoy Diary of the Dead but that may be because I was pissed. Runners are best for films, slow would be best for reality lol.

Also there is a French one that isn't far from getting finished(may already have for all i know) called La Horde (The Horde). Looks pretty awesome.

Gory yet without capitalizing so much on it and sacrificing the essence of the plot' date=' and still entertaining to watch. Even B- movie zombie flick is fine with me!

In no particular order:

Zombieland

Dawn of the dead (2004)

Dawn of the dead (earlier version)

Night of the living dead (original)[/quote']

night of the living dead i still poop my pants when the preist pops up outta nowhere haha

I thought Quarantine was really good because the whole thing was pretty realistic.

Dexter's Sister.

Julie Carpenter is her name..

Also I didn't get into this movie. It kind of reminded me of Cloverfield and Cloverfield was easily the worst movie ever made.

Dexter's Sister.

Julie Carpenter is her name..

Also I didn't get into this movie. It kind of reminded me of Cloverfield and Cloverfield was easily the worst movie ever made.

You guys know her and 'Dexter' are married in real life right? I thought she gave a hell of a performance in Quarantine. Big fan.

Trailerpark of Terror.. if you haven't seen it you absolutely have to.

And sorry but coming from a strict Horror movie nerd standpoint "28 Days Later" and "Quarantine" are not actually zombie flicks, but a newer subgenre of virus movies that started springing up mid 90's.

And sorry but coming from a strict Horror movie nerd standpoint "28 Days Later" and "Quarantine" are not actually zombie flicks' date=' but a newer subgenre of [i']virus[/i] movies that started springing up mid 90's.

Same thing. They're enraged flesh eating people only taken down by head shots.

My Fav is probably dawn of the dead' date=' the new one, but if you want gory than check out [b']Dead Alive[/b]. One of the bloodiest movies i've ever seen.

Bingo, aka braindead, I need 2 watch it again, 1 of the craziest movies u will ever see. Its also directed by Peter Jackson, the director of Lord of the Rings.

Same thing. They're enraged flesh eating people only taken down by head shots.

Again I hate to be the horror nerd, but dead wrong!

A zombie is the living dead, corpses risen from the dead in pursuit of flesh eat, only killable by the headshot.

In "28 Days.." and the other virus movies they are psychotically enraged humans simply out to kill and destroy, and are killable in any fashion which would kill any human being, a.k.a the "infected".

just sayin

And sorry but coming from a strict Horror movie nerd standpoint "28 Days Later" and "Quarantine" are not actually zombie flicks' date=' but a newer subgenre of [i']virus[/i] movies that started springing up mid 90's.

What other zombie flicks would you recommend?

Honestly, every one you can see! I love zombie movies of every type. All of Romero's movies are great, "Dawn of the Dead" (the remake with Ving Rhames), and "Diary of the Dead" are my favorites. He did invent the genre after all. There is a new one coming out (direct to rental) I think this week called "Survival of the Dead".

There is one Japanese movie, I can't think of the name right now, that is a combo zombie/vampire/yakuza/kung fu movie, one of the greatest things I ever saw.

There is one from the 80's called "Zombies", eloquently enough, about people shipwrecked on an island where the zombies are the result of evil Soviet experiments gone wrong.

A really good one (of the virus subgenre) is "Dead Air". It has that crazy m*f'er from "House of 1000 Corpses", and "Devil's Rejects" as a radio DJ during a terrorist biological attack.

"Dead Island" is an English flick about condemned prisoners on a Zombie Island, all televised.

I even saw a zombie western the other day with Chris frikking Kattan.

So I personally recommend seeing every single zombie/virus movie that you possibly can!

I don't think anyone has even said Planet Terror yet.

ahhh...Sorry bro, I was a bit disappointed with that one. It was more like a parody of all zombie flicks that was a bit over the top. Waste of a good casts as well.

Zombie flicks are my favourite.

I don't have a personal favourite... Think it's a little lame to choose, but most the said ones are all good.

If you guys liked Quarentine, you should check the spanish original one. It's dubbed bad or in subs, but it's much more of a thriller then a horror, i think they had to make it a bit more typical-horror for the US remake though, which imo changed the whole feel of the film. Both good though btw ;)

Someone previously mention a group of people going to a powerplant to zap zombies.... OMG... i watched a god damn TERRIBLE zombie film where this happened recently. The best way to describe this film, is by 1 aweful sub=plot they had going.... One of the friends of the 'group', who got turned, was a vegie in life... So he helped them as a zombie.... Yeah, he didn't rip them up, cus he's a damn vegan. That's how bad it was.... If the above guy ment this film, you should be ashamed.

28 days/weeks later are probably my favs...followed by shaun of the dead. and quarantine was pretty sick.

is braindead the one with a kung-fu zombie vicar...? thats one of my exes favs. i couldnt get into it...it was good for a laugh, but that's it...maybe rewatch sans booze....?

cannibal holocaust, although essentially not a zombie film, was pretty f-cked up and gory. :eek:

28 days/weeks later are probably my favs...followed by shaun of the dead. and quarantine was pretty sick.

is braindead the one with a kung-fu zombie vicar...? thats one of my exes favs. i couldnt get into it...it was good for a laugh' date=' but that's it...maybe rewatch sans booze....?

[b']cannibal holocaust[/b], although essentially not a zombie film, was pretty f-cked up and gory. :eek:

Yah,i've heard of this flick. I think this was from the eighties, huh? I wonder if they still have a copy of that in DVD. What's this flick all about??

Yah' date='i've heard of this flick. I think this was from the eighties, huh? I wonder if they still have a copy of that in DVD. What's this flick all about??[/quote']

it's kinda like the Blair Witch Project: anthropologists venture into jungle, never to return. footage is found of their last days encountering a primative tribe (cannibals!).

it's from the 70's i think?...it caused a stir because a rumor started that it was a snuff film...they killed some animals on camera, which is pretty gnarly (not really in a good way...), so beware.

here's some trivia, there's a series of japanese "horror" films called The Guinea Pig Experiments that charlie sheen thought were true snuff films, and allegedly turned into the fbi as evidence... lol oh, charlie :rolleyes:

Maybe not the goriest' date=' but the Resident Evil franchise is the best, imo.[/quote']

the games are classic...the movies, not so much, imo. they're pretty rad if i'm blazed and killin time though :)

they didnt stay close enough to the source (hand to hand combat with the nemisis...?), and it really lacked the subtext that most zombie movies have. they shoulda either made it more stupid, or have some depth...(admittedly, i think the games are more about atmosphere, than social commentary).

Night of the Living dead = Best Zombie Flick

Cannibal Holocaust = Most Goriest

it's kinda like the Blair Witch Project: anthropologists venture into jungle' date=' never to return. footage is found of their last days encountering a primative tribe (cannibals!).

it's from the 70's i think?...it caused a stir because a rumor started that it was a snuff film...they killed some animals on camera, which is pretty gnarly (not really in a good way...), so beware.

here's some trivia, there's a series of japanese "horror" films called The Guinea Pig Experiments that charlie sheen thought were true snuff films, and allegedly turned into the fbi as evidence... lol oh, charlie :rolleyes:[/quote']

I gotta see this flick and fast! BTW, another question for you Zombie lovers out there. What kind of zombie flick would work better for you- zombies a'la George Romero or humans mutated into zombies because of a virus?

Archived