Sign in to follow this  
rago1986

The List Of The Most Dominant MMA Fighters

Found this thought i would share, poll coming so don't flame me its not my list

I decided to rank the most dominant fighters in MMA. The following criteria was used:

-Having won at least 10 fights in a row, which is a very difficult feature. (minimum requirement)

-Finishing rate in last 10 fights.

-Division strength

-Competition level

-Fighter that successfully fought in more than one division

1) Fedor: Fedor won more than the needed 10 fights in a row. Being undefeated for over 10 years in MMA is an unheard feature. Also Fedor has finished 9 out of 10 of his last fights. I would consider the HW division as the second most difficult division after the LHW. At the same time is is the most difficult division in which a fighter can stay undefeated due the fact in the HW division the likelihood of being knocked out from one punch is the highest from all division. Hence, even a top fighter can lose to a lesser skilled fighter by making the smallest mistake. When considering the competition level Fedor has faced in his last fights, he indeed faced questionable competition, but he did defeat Andrei Arlovski who was ranked as the number 2 best HW at the time of the fight. Also he beat Tim Sylvia who was ranked as top 5 at the time of the fight.

2) Shane Carwin: Undefeated in his career. Finished all of his 12 opponents in a very dominant fashion, while not going beyond the first round. At the same time, the Carwin faced weaker competition than Fedor in his fights.

3) Anderson Silva: Anderson has won in all of his fights since joining the UFC. However, since defeating Dan Henderson he has faced questionable competition (even more questionable than Fedor). Going to a decision with two one dimensional MWs and being frustrated by Patrick Cote. Nevertheless, it looks like it was all due to lack of motivation, and in terms of potential, Anderson Silva can beat any fighter in LHW divison, and most of the smaller HWs.

4) Lyoto Machida: Lyoto is undefeated in his career, and he fights in the most stacked division in MMA, and nine out of ten of the top 10 LHWs fight in the same promotion. Thus, staying undefeated as a LHW makes Machida as one of the most dominant MMA fighters. If Machida finishes Rua, and stays undefeated while finishing other LHWs he would surpass Fedor and Anderson Silva in the p4p rankings, and would be considered as the most dominant fighter in MMA.

5) Jose Aldo: undefeated in his last 10 fights, while finishing all but one of his fights in WEC. At the same time the featherweight division is not as strong as the other divisions in MMA. At the same time Aldo can move up to 155, so it will be interesting to see how he fares there.

6) Jake Shields: Undefeated in over 10 fights in a row, while finishing 8 out of his 10 last opponents. Moreover, Jake Shields has beaten top WWs and MWs in the process.

7) Ryan Bader: Undefeated in 11 fights, while finishing 8 of his opponents in those fights. Also he was extremely impressive in his last fight against Keith Jardine. I think that Bader is very underrated, and is excluded from being considered as a top 10 LHW for no reason

lol silva and fedor competition is questionable yet carwins is not even although a big majority of his fights were against either guys that were true lhw or cans.

Most dominate is GSP, Anderson Silva, Machida, Carwin. Look at their records! A fighters record says it all. A bad record shows a fighter that is not that great. Just your average ...

Most dominate is GSP' date=' Anderson Silva, Machida, Carwin. Look at their records! A fighters record says it all. A bad record shows a fighter that is not that great. Just your average ...[/quote']

ok, phil davis, todd duffee, evan dunham. None of them have lost in ufc..can't get more dominating than that.

i cant believe hughes isnt in there' date=' yeah hes not topdog now but when he was champ he finished [b']every[/b] title defense besides sherk, he has one of the best legacies ever

same as lidell. Undefeated doesnt always mean the greatest. bispings is 19-3 which is better than lots of other but i wouldnt say he's dominated, a thread like this without hughes or lidell makes no sense to me.

nice list on the criteria

made me like fedor a bit more after thinking about it, lol

would have to go with fedor or shields on the criteria... shields doing it in 2 weight classes...

fedor practically is too... fighting 220lbers (his own size) then guys like arlovski, rogers, sylvia.. who are a bit bigger

(im a bit biased tho lol.... i really like fighters who move around weight classes successfully.... silva too lol, but he is too much of a clown atm for me.... clowning is a weakness lol)