Sign in to follow this  
FroZeN

Time To Get Rid of TUF (A Detailed Analysis)

It's time we do away with TUF. It's the same crap, different season. It's like buying recycled toilet paper, even though it says it's new, it's the same SHlT! The best season for TUF was the first one, because of the quality of all the fighters. It's becoming like "The Real World", or "The Ultimate Wrestler" instead of "The Ultimate Fighter".

The new season is pretty boring. Here's a basic breakdown of every episode lately; It starts out with Tito's team doing something stupid in the house, usually involving Jamie Yager. Next it's followed by someone getting hurt or training too hard and crying on national television, yeah, they cry on The Ultimate fighter, makes no sense right? Then it shows Tito's team conditioning. Next is Chucks team, just chilling, not really doing anything. Then Chuck talks about his team for 5 minutes. Finally after all of this it's fight time. Here's where it gets exciting right? WRONG.

The fight starts off, someone throws a punch and a kick. The other fighter gets a takedown, they roll around for 2 and a half minutes. They stand back up, they are visibly tired, the other guy shoots for a takedown and gets it. Now they just rest on each other, breathing heavily, feeling up each others sweaty bodies just to tease each other. Just when one of them is getting in a comfort zone, the other guy goes to advance position. The dude getting advanced on, snaps out of it and is back up to his feet. Wash, rinse, repeat and you have yourself TUF season 11.

I don't know about the rest of you, but that sounds boring as FUH to me. I'm sick of watching dudes roll around for 10 minutes completely gassed, and then complain about the judges decision. WHY THE F ARE YOU B'IN IF YOU DIDN'T DO ENOUGH TO FINISH THE FIGHT?! It doesn't make sense. If you guys are sick of them rolling on the floor now, just wait til GSP and Kos are coaches...They wouldn't even be able to call it "The Ultimate Fighter", it'd be better off being called "The Ultimate Napper", or "Sleepy Time With Dana White".

Dana White will introduce the new coach challenges appropriately titled "Nap Time". Sounds cool right? Like they punch each other in the chin, see who gets KTFOd first, right? YET AGAIN WRONG! The challenge will consist of who can sleep on their opponent the longest. The team who has the longest nappers wins their coach 10 G's and themselves 1 G each.

It's time we got rid of The Ultimate Fighter. Each season is the same old crap, and I am sure I'm not the only one that's tired of this. We must put a stop to this, before the UFC starts losing its hype.

The Ultimate Fighter, ruining the UFC one week at a time.

It's time we do away with TUF. It's the same crap' date=' different season. It's like buying recycled toilet paper, even though it says it's new, it's the same SHlT! The best season for TUF was the first one, because of the quality of all the fighters. It's becoming like "The Real World", or "The Ultimate Wrestler" instead of "The Ultimate Fighter".

The new season is pretty boring. Here's a basic breakdown of every episode lately; It starts out with Tito's team doing something stupid in the house, usually involving Jamie Yager. Next it's followed by someone getting hurt or training too hard and crying on national television, yeah, they cry on The Ultimate fighter, makes no sense right? Then it shows Tito's team conditioning. Next is Chucks team, just chilling, not really doing anything. Then Chuck talks about his team for 5 minutes. Finally after all of this it's fight time. Here's where it gets exciting right? WRONG.

The fight starts off, someone throws a punch and a kick. The other fighter gets a takedown, they roll around for 2 and a half minutes. They stand back up, they are visually tired, the other guy shoots for a takedown and gets it. Now they just rest on each other, breathing heavily, feeling up each others sweaty bodies just to tease each other. Just when one of them is getting in a comfort zone, the other guy goes to advance position. The dude getting advanced on, snaps out of it and is back up to his feet. Wash, rinse, repeat and you have yourself TUF season 11.

I don't know about the rest of you, but that sounds boring as FUH to me. I'm sick of watching dudes roll around for 10 minutes completely gassed, and then complain about the judges decision. WHY THE F ARE YOU B'IN IF YOU DIDN'T DO ENOUGH TO FINISH THE FIGHT?! It doesn't make sense. If you guys are sick of them rolling on the floor now, just wait til GSP and Kos are coaches...They wouldn't even be able to call it "The Ultimate Fighter", it'd be better off being called "The Ultimate Napper", or "Sleepy Time With Dana White".

Dana White will introduce the new coach challenges appropriately titled "Nap Time". Sounds cool right? Like they punch each other in the chin, see who gets KTFOd first, right? YET AGAIN WRONG! The challenge will consist of who can sleep on their opponent the longest. The team who has the longest nappers wins their coach 10 G's and themselves 1 G each.

It's time we got rid of The Ultimate Fighter. Each season is the same old crap, and I am sure I'm not the only one that's tired of this. We must put a stop to this, before the UFC starts losing its hype.

The Ultimate Fighter, ruining the UFC one week at a time.[/quote']

haha you have been following AK very closely huh...

I agree with most of that. The fight last night was the best one so far, they actually fought each other. But most fights are really boring, they always gas by the end of the first round, they never engage, they take each other down and dry **** the whole time, listen to nothing the coaches say, etc...

But the worst part of it is, the whole line of crap they say before the fights. "I'm 10-0, I'm on a different level then anybody in the house. I'm gonna destroy this guy. My striking is way better and I have great wrestling." Then they come out and back absolutely none of it. They really piss me off sometimes.

Too many AK wannabe's now' date=' i didnt think AK was that funny in the first place, now we have clones...urgh.[/quote']

actually....frozen is alot different from ak, although he is letting off steam doesnt make it the same as ak...leave the kid alone if he wants to rant about something let him, it is a hundred times better than sco starting a thread and everyone of his "secret crushes" following him around making every single post exactly the same...

idk what your talking about i think this season of tuf has been great so far' date=' if you dont like it dont watch it.[/quote']

I watch because I am a MMAnalyst. I get paid to watch these things bro. You think I wanna watch dudes dry **** each other for 10 minutes letting submissions slip by left and right? No man, they are lucky I'm getting paid to watch this stuff.

I agree with most of that. The fight last night was the best one so far' date=' they actually fought each other. But most fights are really boring, they always gas by the end of the first round, they never engage, they take each other down and dry **** the whole time, listen to nothing the coaches say, etc...

But the worst part of it is, the whole line of crap they say before the fights. "I'm 10-0, I'm on a different level then anybody in the house. I'm gonna destroy this guy. My striking is way better and I have great wrestling." Then they come out and back absolutely none of it. They really piss me off sometimes.[/quote']

There you go man. Someone that has seen the light behind the UFC hype machines arsehole. Your description of the fights almost fits mine to a tee. Good job.

I usually only watch the first 2 episodes where they fight to get in the house, they are the best ones.....kinda like the last fight where that one guy broke his nose and keep fighting...loved it..

i just wanna see yager get KTFO then i'll be happy with this season

I'd be happy if people actually fought instead of laying and manhumping each other for 10 mins.

It's time we do away with TUF. It's the same crap' date=' different season. It's like buying recycled toilet paper, even though it says it's new, it's the same SHlT! The best season for TUF was the first one, because of the quality of all the fighters. It's becoming like "The Real World", or "The Ultimate Wrestler" instead of "The Ultimate Fighter".

The fight starts off, someone throws a punch and a kick. The other fighter gets a takedown, they roll around for 2 and a half minutes. They stand back up, they are visually tired, the other guy shoots for a takedown and gets it. Now they just rest on each other, breathing heavily, feeling up each others sweaty bodies just to tease each other. Just when one of them is getting in a comfort zone, the other guy goes to advance position. The dude getting advanced on, snaps out of it and is back up to his feet. Wash, rinse, repeat and you have yourself TUF season 11.

The Ultimate Fighter, ruining the UFC one week at a time.

Do you mean visibly tired??? Saying they are visually tired is like saying their eyes are getting tired.

Do you mean visibly tired??? Saying they are visually tired is like saying their eyes are getting tired.

You know what I meant. Ask Kos after his last fight if his eyes hurt.

i agree, to be honest its boring, i find myself losing interest a lot in it lately....all this reality tv stuff is too much. I watch it out of curiosity but really im not that interested when they show 20mins of footage about who may have stolen a sweater. the last challenge...chuck vs tito in dodgeball?? it is getting the same old thing. i liked the uk vs usa one but thats only because it had that country pride thing but this new one....to be honest im only really watching it to find out why chuck isnt fighting tito, when ive found out i prob wont watch it. if i want to see good traing ill watch ufc all access and the fights are 9 times out of 10 not very entertaining. who really wants to watch all these blokes prove they are not good enough to get in the ufc

Just turn it off dude.

Do you think Dana (or anybody) cares what you think about TUF.

If it makes money, it will stay.

Just turn it off dude.

If it makes money' date=' it will stay.[/quote']

he should do cos thats how it makes money. it'll end up like big brother, if its not already

I completely agree with you, especially on the conditioning aspect. I dont understand why Dana always picks guys who he thinks are tough. Yeah, there will be a couple good wrestlers, but most guys go off toughness and have no cardio. Although, I loved watching Rashad and Rampage rip on eachother all last season.

Just turn it off dude.

If it makes money' date=' it will stay.[/quote']

This will save Dana money. By getting rid of TUF he doesn't have to pay coaching fees, broadcasting fees, etc. I am watching to see why Tito leaves as well. But it becomes more apparent after every episode that they only say tito leaves to make you come back again.

The show is steadily pulling more viewers every season, except for last season (Thanks Kimbo Slice!), and something to the tune of 2 millionish viewers a week. It makes money... but more importantly, it serves as a farm system for the UFC, which i think is far more valuable.

For instance, think about the undercard fights in major UFC promotions... they are riddled with TUF fighters, and they are a draw because of the people that watch them on the TV show. I know personally I take more interest in UFC cards when I know these fighters, as opposed to some no name prospects. Hell, a lot of the fighters on these shows that dont make it past the quarter finals still get fights... just shows that the system is working.

In short, the show serves not only as a system to weed out potential fighters... it also has a built in marketing machine for them. I know watching TUF 1 made me a fan of Forrest Griffin for life... and I am also taking interest in Amir Sadollah, James Mcsweeny, hell even this kid Jamie Yaeger will have my attention if he gets some play time outside of the show.

As far as you being an MMAnalyst and you being "forced" to watch, I can think of a lot worse things to do out there. But as a business major, I can tell you, the TUF is a goldmine model for UFC, and as long as it produces, it will stay.

I dont forsee it going away anytime soon.

The show is steadily pulling more viewers every season' date=' except for last season (Thanks Kimbo Slice!), and something to the tune of 2 millionish viewers a week. It makes money... but more importantly, it serves as a farm system for the UFC, which i think is far more valuable.

For instance, think about the undercard fights in major UFC promotions... they are riddled with TUF fighters, and they are a draw because of the people that watch them on the TV show. I know personally I take more interest in UFC cards when I know these fighters, as opposed to some no name prospects. Hell, a lot of the fighters on these shows that dont make it past the quarter finals still get fights... just shows that the system is working.

In short, the show serves not only as a system to weed out potential fighters... it also has a built in marketing machine for them. I know watching TUF 1 made me a fan of Forrest Griffin for life... and I am also taking interest in Amir Sadollah, James Mcsweeny, hell even this kid Jamie Yaeger will have my attention if he gets some play time outside of the show.

As far as you being an MMAnalyst and you being "forced" to watch, I can think of a lot worse things to do out there. But as a business major, I can tell you, the TUF is a goldmine model for UFC, and as long as it produces, it will stay.

I dont forsee it going away anytime soon.[/quote']

Prospects? Seriously, is this what it's all about? He can have prospects without the corny **** reality show. People want to watch fights, not some overly done, testosterone filled, dramatic, reality show. People like myself, and Slapped_Meat are catching on to the TUF ways. The fights are bad, the reality, is a joke. Dana will lose money if he keeps going on with these lame **** TUFs. When will this madness cease.

If it was really a prospect thing you'd have ShoMMA like Strikeforce does.

Oh no, we shouldn't do what Strikeforce does. You want UFC to become the new WWE? When Brock Lesnar and Carwin fight do you want an angry Frank Mir to run down the entrance ramp with a steel chair in his hand? Do you want him to climb into the octagon like a Mexican trying to jump the border, and straight hit Brock in the head while Steve Mazagatti is distracted and then have Carwin hold his fist in front of him like he punched Brock? I don't want to see our sport become the new WWE.

Prospects? Seriously' date=' is this what it's all about? He can have prospects without the corny **** reality show. People want to watch fights, not some overly done, testosterone filled, dramatic, reality show. People like myself, and Slapped_Meat are catching on to the TUF ways. The fights are bad, the reality, is a joke. Dana will lose money if he keeps going on with these lame **** TUFs. When will this madness cease.[/quote']

You say this, but yet he still have something to the tune of 3 million viewers a week. You say he is going to lose money but what are you backing this logic up with?

He went from screening fighters behind closed doors, to making literally millions of dollars a week by showing them on screen.

I am not disagreeing with you that some of the fights are lame, but for you to say that this is not a good business model is just plain wrong.

Dana White single handedly made MMA relevant, hes a terrific businessman, and knows what hes doing. TUF is a long shot away from being irrelevant.

The fight starts off, someone throws a punch and a kick. The other fighter gets a takedown, they roll around for 2 and a half minutes. They stand back up, they are visibly tired, the other guy shoots for a takedown and gets it. Now they just rest on each other, breathing heavily, feeling up each others sweaty bodies just to tease each other. Just when one of them is getting in a comfort zone, the other guy goes to advance position. The dude getting advanced on, snaps out of it and is back up to his feet. Wash, rinse, repeat and you have yourself TUF season 11.

I'm sorry you werent accepted to TUF.

But its clearly of great benefit to the sport, the fans and really anyone who cares about MMA.

So just because YOU were told no. Just get over it. Go win a few more amateur fights and try again. But trying to undermine all of MMA because your butt hurt is just retarded.

I agree with most of that. The fight last night was the best one so far' date=' they actually fought each other. But most fights are really boring, they always gas by the end of the first round, they never engage, they take each other down and dry **** the whole time, listen to nothing the coaches say, etc...

But the worst part of it is, the whole line of crap they say before the fights. "I'm 10-0, I'm on a different level then anybody in the house. I'm gonna destroy this guy. My striking is way better and I have great wrestling." Then they come out and back absolutely none of it. They really piss me off sometimes.[/quote']

I agree with that. Their records mean ****. I was 20-3 (not one single NAME) when i quit to make real money in a real job. Sure it was old times when you got paid about gas money to fight but still these records with wins from half **** local organizations mean nothing.

Most of the time the people you beat up are drunk or trying to impress some girl. They are not fighters and beating them means nothing even though it goes on your record. I think that TUF should have an open full contact fight tryout and then 2 rounds of fights to earn your way into the house. The way they do it now is a joke and its just a bunch of no talent losers who get in.

Tuf was a great way to introduce the sport but they havent changed it to adapt to the times and its becoming a liability. UFC needs schools. Pro wrestling has schools and they work your **** hard from day break to day end and only the best athletes make it. UFC needs the same thing rather then relying on crap bush leagues and TUF to find thier fighters.

I don't know/ care if this is a AK type of thread but this is a thread i wanted to start a while ago ... and yeah i agree the whole concept of TUF is getting boring , same sh*t every week , you expect a different and better episode every week but it's still the same old sh*t last night i preferred playing the undisputed demo than watching the ultimate crap

Completely agree, when I saw that "Dana and Chuck come to blows on the next episode", I seriously couldn't believe they are still grasping at straws.

I'm sorry you werent accepted to TUF.

But its clearly of great benefit to the sport' date=' the fans and really anyone who cares about MMA.

So just because YOU were told no. Just get over it. Go win a few more amateur fights and try again. But trying to undermine all of MMA because your butt hurt is just retarded.[/quote']

I wouldn't try to get on such a cheesy **** show, where all they do is roll around for 10 minutes on the ground, trying to feel each others greasy bodies. WTF you think I'm gay or something? I don't want to be on TUF. Not when it's going downhill the way it is. Sure it brings in millions now, but what happens in 2 more years, when it's the same crap different season. You ever think about that? Just because your career didn't work out doesn't mean you should take it out on others.

I don't know/ care if this is a AK type of thread but this is a thread i wanted to start a while ago ... and yeah i agree the whole concept of TUF is getting boring ' date=' same sh*t every week , you expect a different and better episode every week but it's still the same old sh*t last night i preferred playing the undisputed demo than watching the ultimate crap[/quote']

I'll be honest with you. I wrote this as a troll thread, but I somewhat agree with what I said. TUF is kinda getting boring, but it's still better to watch TUF than half the crap they show on TV anyways.

i usualy hate your trolling rubbish but this time your right. tuf this year is garbage

Hah, yeah. There was some slight truth to this one.

dont like it dont watch-simple solution for you

Like I say time and time again, I'll watch it in hopes of seeing why Tito gets kicked off. They just lie every episode though and make it look more dramatic more than it ever is. I guess I'll sit through the crappy fights just to see why Tito gets kicked off, but you can bet your **** off I'll be playing the 2010 demo.

finding out chuck isn't fighting tito took all the wind out of the sail for this season.. i loved last season cause rashad & rampage really were about to swing every time they started talkin & you could really feel the tension.. last season got me back on the TUF band wagon but watchin these guys talk crap (nick ring) & go out to put on that mickey mouse display of "skill"... i've been watchin everything i can on tv just to get the taste of this crap out of my mouth..bellator-wec-hdnet fights- unleashed-kotc-pride.. lotsa dvring to counter this shows "fighters"

Prospects? Seriously' date=' is this what it's all about? He can have prospects without the corny **** reality show. People want to watch fights, not some overly done, testosterone filled, dramatic, reality show. People like myself, and Slapped_Meat are catching on to the TUF ways. The fights are bad, the reality, is a joke. Dana will lose money if he keeps going on with these lame **** TUFs. When will this madness cease.[/quote']

The "madness" as you put it will end when TUF will no longer be economically viable because of declining ratings. At the end of the day, thats why these shows exist, to make money.

Another fact that the UFC can afford (not economically, but afford in the sense that it can put on as much crap as it wants) to continue TUF is that they do not have competition. they probably never will either because they always snatch up the best fighters, and how many times can you say you've honestly seen a good match in Strikeforce that didn't involve Mousassi (obviously not considering his last match)?

The Ultimate Fighter was created when reality television was the shiznit. Everyone was reality crazy (though I never understood how big brother was even vaguely interesting, but thats a whole other story), and now, reality has kind of lost its shine. People aren't that keen on seeing people do what they are doing.

TUF was a great concept in the beginning, but now, it's practically a soap opera, with a bit of fighting...reminds me of a WWE or TNA broadcast, just better, which really is saying something...at least it doesn't last 2 hours.

After that weird deviation, yes, the matches are crap, and you'd think that after 10 seasons, fighters would at least try and work on their cardio a little, but it makes money, and that will keep it alive.

PS - If you have an opening to be an MMA analyst, gimme a ring, I would love that as my job!

I wouldn't try to get on such a cheesy **** show' date=' where all they do is roll around for 10 minutes on the ground, trying to feel each others greasy bodies. WTF you think I'm gay or something? I don't want to be on TUF. Not when it's going downhill the way it is. Sure it brings in millions now, but what happens in [b']2 more years, when it's the same crap different season.[/b]

Then it will have gone 13 seasons. Thats pretty ****ing successful for a TV show. Thats up there with the simpsons and Law and Order in TV success.

If it isnt changed up maybe it wont go many more seasons but that wont invalidate that it will have had a hell of a run and made a major contribution to legitimizing and mainstreaming MMA.

They just need to change how you get on it.

I wouldn't try to get on such a cheesy **** show' date=' where all they do is roll around for 10 minutes on the ground, trying to feel each others greasy bodies. WTF you think I'm gay or something? I don't want to be on TUF. Not when it's going downhill the way it is. Sure it brings in millions now, but what happens in 2 more years, when it's the same crap different season. You ever think about that? Just because your career didn't work out doesn't mean you should take it out on others.[/quote']

TUF has been around for a while now, what makes you think 2 more years is going to change anything?

your the fool. why u gotta call him that? uncalled for u lil 14 year old teenager

I don't think that dude understands that I am a paid MMAnalyst. The F is wrong with him? Haha.

I can't help myself. For some reason I tune into TUF each week and even if it's a huge disappointment I don't like to miss an episode. I imagine it's the same for American Idol fans, though I have never had any desire to watch that.

I can't help myself. For some reason I tune into TUF each week and even if it's a huge disappointment I don't like to miss an episode. I imagine it's the same for American Idol fans' date=' though I have never had any desire to watch that.[/quote']

Haha good comparison. Even though I would never watch American Idol, people never want to miss a episode of that bs.