Sign in to follow this  
FroZeN

Time To Get Rid of TUF (A Detailed Analysis)

I agree with most of that. The fight last night was the best one so far' date=' they actually fought each other. But most fights are really boring, they always gas by the end of the first round, they never engage, they take each other down and dry **** the whole time, listen to nothing the coaches say, etc...

But the worst part of it is, the whole line of crap they say before the fights. "I'm 10-0, I'm on a different level then anybody in the house. I'm gonna destroy this guy. My striking is way better and I have great wrestling." Then they come out and back absolutely none of it. They really piss me off sometimes.[/quote']

A lot of you guys are really unrealistic and obviously have never trained much or jumped in the cage before. Its easy to notice this.

Nick was 10-0 and fought a guy who was 9-1. Both of them are studs and almost always win!

What happens when you take two guys who are proficient in many martial arts and you put them up against each other, you have a close battle, with two guys who rarely lose and don't want to lose.

Its just that simple.

Wouldn't you feel confident if you had destroyed 10 people in the cage???

The reason why a lot of you complain is because if you jumped in the cage, you wouldn't be 10-0 or 9-1. You'd be the guy, they beat up :)

A lot of you guys are really unrealistic and obviously have never trained much or jumped in the cage before. Its easy to notice this.

Nick was 10-0 and fought a guy who was 9-1. Both of them are studs and almost always win!

What happens when you take two guys who are proficient in many martial arts and you put them up against each other' date=' you have a close battle, with two guys who rarely lose and don't want to lose.

Its just that simple.

Wouldn't you feel confident if you had destroyed 10 people in the cage???

The reason why a lot of you complain is because if you jumped in the cage, you wouldn't be 10-0 or 9-1. You'd be the guy, they beat up :)[/quote']

Oh sure. LOL.

Ok the thread if a COMPLETE FAIL because you mentioned about GSP and KOS. YOUR GAY AND YOU FAIL

Go drench yourself in Vaseline you GSP ****. Your post makes no sense btw.

Yea this season has been quite boring don't understand why people who don't know anything about MMA? But it does some how. All Dana wants is new fans and to grow his business I started watching around season 7/8 and after those I thought it was pretty crappy and later on when I watched these season I realized it wasn't that good some i'm thinkin people like the first season they watch and then get hooked on MMA and don't care about Ultimate Fighter anymore

Im a huge fan of tuf simply because it gives many deserving fighters a chance to get into the ufc. Sure these guys may not be unbeatable perfect fighters yet but tuf gives them a chance to get closer to that. I'm an amateur fighter. i will admit im not the best in the world. im train as much as i can but its hard because i also need to work and go to university. i would love a chance at tuf because if i win i could focus all my time on training to get better. It may not the the most exciting but it is a necesary component to the ufc

I agree with the original poster, this season has been very boring.

They need to revamp it big time. The editing team needs to show more footage of the house antics, and how well the fighters cope with making the cut etc.

watchin them train gets boring pretty quick.

I agree with the original poster' date=' this season has been very boring.

They need to revamp it big time. The editing team needs to show more footage of the house antics, and how well the fighters cope with making the cut etc.

watchin them train gets boring pretty quick.[/quote']

Agreed. WTF are they thinking.

I wouldn't try to get on such a cheesy **** show' date=' where all they do is roll around for 10 minutes on the ground, trying to feel each others greasy bodies. WTF you think I'm gay or something? I don't want to be on TUF. Not when it's going downhill the way it is. Sure it brings in millions now, but what happens in 2 more years, when it's the same crap different season. You ever think about that? Just because your career didn't work out doesn't mean you should take it out on others.[/quote']

rolling around for 10 minutes ? its called wrestling and alot of the people on the shows greatest assest is wrestling so why wouldnt they use it. I know sometimes the fights arent the greatest but there still learning and i think its probably safe to say they would put on a better performance then you, gotta give them credit. And since you've said its the same crap every season how do they still keep drawing so many viewers, its getting bigger if anything TUF is now on sport channels. Sure some of the antics are the same sometimes and it gets boring but i find myself tuned in every wednesday. so in conclusion if your so against TUF stop watching im sure Dana could care less if he lost one nieve viewer... :D

This season has actually been pretty decent. I don't know where all the fuss is coming from. This season is 100 times better than last season. I just think it is something along the lines of spoiled UFC fans wanting more and more. Should there be 4 coaches instead of 2. Maybe they should allow fighting in the house? Would that make it more enjoyable? I don't know...I enjoy the show...Its not supposed to be perfect. It is a show for no name fighters to try and make a name for themselves. Things would be pretty boring if they got rid of TUF.

rolling around for 10 minutes ? its called wrestling and alot of the people on the shows greatest assest is wrestling so why wouldnt they use it. I know sometimes the fights arent the greatest but there still learning and i think its probably safe to say they would put on a better performance then you' date=' gotta give them credit. And since you've said its the same crap every season how do they still keep drawing so many viewers, its getting bigger if anything TUF is now on sport channels. Sure some of the antics are the same sometimes and it gets boring but i find myself tuned in every wednesday. so in conclusion if your so against TUF stop watching im sure Dana could care less if he lost one nieve viewer... :D[/quote']

GTFO with your 7 posts. I take this as an insult to my MMA knowledge. I am on of the best MMAnalysts out there. The F outta here.

ya sorry bro that i dont sit infront of a computer all day.. just cuz i dont post on internet forums doesnt mean i dont know MMA and by looking at your posts your no MMA analysist, id use the term "whiny b*tch" .buut i never saw a response to my comment , or is that cuz its the truth and the great analysist is at a loss of words ?

This season has actually been pretty decent. I don't know where all the fuss is coming from. This season is 100 times better than last season. I just think it is something along the lines of spoiled UFC fans wanting more and more. Should there be 4 coaches instead of 2. Maybe they should allow fighting in the house? Would that make it more enjoyable? I don't know...I enjoy the show...Its not supposed to be perfect. It is a show for no name fighters to try and make a name for themselves. Things would be pretty boring if they got rid of TUF.

No way, imo this season has been so boring. After watching the first teaser trailer, i had high hopes. The fighters it seems have no personality. They are just boring to watch. Which is the editing fault.

All it is so far is

- Footage of Tito rallyin team punishement -

- Footage of fighters training (lil spar, kickin the bags)

- 5min footage of house antics

- Fight

Every bloody ep so far has been like this, nothing new or exciting to watch.

The fights so far have been avearge, but i now have no interest in the fighters or the outcome tbh

I have all the TUF seasons. and i have never been as bored as this one.

and with your agrument they keep drawing more viewers thats because the sport of MMA is growing so of course they will be attracting more viewers.

I found TUF10 alot more intertesting to watch, i ended up caring for certain fighters, wanting them to do well. This season dont even care who makes it to the final.

IMO they need to shake it up abit hell even bring back the fighters challenges, the fighter that wins choses the fight etc.

ya sorry bro that i dont sit infront of a computer all day.. just cuz i dont post on internet forums doesnt mean i dont know MMA and by looking at your posts your no MMA analysist' date=' id use the term "whiny b*tch" .buut i never saw a response to my comment , or is that cuz its the truth and the great analysist is at a loss of words ?[/quote']

LOL! You would look at my posts you creeper. You are probably one of those internet pedophiles. Is that Chris Crocker at your doorstep? Anyways, I am not ducking your statement. A MMAnalyst such as myself shouldn't have to respond to such inferior people such as yourself. I couldn't lower my intelligence enough to read your pathetic, unfunny, grammatically incorrect attempts at posts. Perhaps some grammar, and correctly spelling words would help. Also, don't question my authority bro, just don't do it.

Watch it mma noobs, Frozen is legit. He has a black belt in UFC forum fighting style - with an awesome record of 2437-1368 and 1 no contest. 4Real dawg, respect.

Watch it mma noobs' date=' Frozen is legit. He has a black belt in UFC forum fighting style - with an awesome record of 2437-1368 and 1 no contest. 4Real dawg, respect.[/quote']

I like the random 1 no contest hahaha. But seriously though bros, this dude has no idea who he's F'in with. Should I bust out my Silverstar MMA t-shirt with my BadBoy MMA Fighting shorts? Oh man SH just got real.

Oh no' date=' SH%# is getting real up in hea! I wear my mma shorts all DAY bro, and you know they be tight.[/quote']

You have learned very well. You must have obviously read my deeply insightful MMAnalysis thread simply entitled "The Number One Way to Be The Best at MMA."

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/showthread.php?t=37345

Spandex shorts are the way to go.

I too am sick of seeing wrestlers rewarded for laying on their opponent and praying they don't get up.

TUF should quit taking more guys with wrestling background than any other background.

Judging criteria should be changed so laying and praying is seen as running away since it is almost the exact same thing.

TUF guys should have to pass a cardio test before they get on the show.

rofl!

How much do you wanna bet this is either Mat Cofield from yahoo or some loser from sherdog ? Since the only REAL mma analysts work as salaried staff for UFC magazine or maybe fight magazine. I would bet this is someone who, at best, has a few freelance articles picked up for free by websites.

Anyone wanna sigbet about whether this guy is actually a PAID published, in print not online writer?

I too am sick of seeing wrestlers rewarded for laying on their opponent and praying they don't get up.

TUF should quit taking more guys with wrestling background than any other background.

Judging criteria should be changed so laying and praying is seen as running away since it is almost the exact same thing.

TUF guys should have to pass a cardio test before they get on the show.

I agree with the cardio test bit. I figured they already did that SH though. Tim, why you questioning my cred? Do you even know what street cred is, brah?

I dont think we get to know very much about the fights if you ask me first season was too much getting to know the fighters and now its too little if you ask me they need to find a happy middle.

The fights have been great you can tell they have been giving it there all except the one MC something cant remember his name he literally goes out to lay on the other fighters.

Jager may not be the best but hes fun as hell to watch!

TUF sucks at the moment. Improve it now, add more boozing and tomfoolery in the house or the ratings will die. MMA is meant to be tough, tight, and short - just like my bad boy shorts. :)

TUF sucks at the moment. Improve it now' date=' add more boozing and tomfoolery in the house or the ratings will die. MMA is meant to be tough, tight, and short - just like my bad boy shorts. :)[/quote']

Shogun's shorts are tighter, as in nuthugging tight, and also cool lookin' haha.

I agree with the cardio test bit. I figured they already did that SH though. Tim' date=' why you questioning my cred? Do you even know what street cred is, brah?[/quote']

Yes, its what people without real credibility claim to pump themselves up.

LOL' date=' you just keep on delivering newspapers boy, while I actually enjoy my job and write articles about MMA.[/quote']

How about you put up a couple links to those articles?

Direct us all to what magazines they are in and under what name?

Writers love credits, why dont you give a little bibliography mister super analyst?

what i think this show needs to do is stop these open tryout things and just go to amature shows and watch these kids fight. see who has cardio and who doesnt and start there. just like scouting for NBA, NFL players you need to scout for TUF fighters in there element.

the past few season's have been lack luster but its not the show's format that is doing it. its the talent they have on the show thats hurting it.

also i think its time for another "Comback TUF" like they did with Travis Luter and Matt Serra years ago. there are plenty of fighters that have been cut from the UFC that i would like to see given another chance.

How about you put up a couple links to those articles?

Direct us all to what magazines they are in and under what name?

Writers love credits' date=' why dont you give a little bibliography mister super analyst?[/quote']

Because I don't have to prove myself to TUF nubs like yourself. That's why. Nuff said, brah.

what i think this show needs to do is stop these open tryout things and just go to amature shows and watch these kids fight. see who has cardio and who doesnt and start there. just like scouting for NBA' date=' NFL players you need to scout for TUF fighters in there element.

the past few season's have been lack luster but its not the show's format that is doing it. its the talent they have on the show thats hurting it.

also i think its time for another "Comback TUF" like they did with Travis Luter and Matt Serra years ago. there are plenty of fighters that have been cut from the UFC that i would like to see given another chance.[/quote']

Nice points there brah. I'll be sure to give you credit in my next article.

Because I don't have to prove myself to TUF nubs like yourself. That's why. Nuff said' date=' brah.[/quote']

So your full of **** and have no credits. Thx for clearing it up.

what i think this show needs to do is stop these open tryout things and just go to amature shows and watch these kids fight. see who has cardio and who doesnt and start there. just like scouting for NBA' date=' NFL players you need to scout for TUF fighters in there element.

also i think its time for another "Comback TUF" like they did with Travis Luter and Matt Serra years ago. there are plenty of fighters that have been cut from the UFC that i would like to see given another chance.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure they do scout.

The problem IMO is the small size of the tryouts. From what i gather they have a big open audition where they interview lots of people and have some grappling only contests and from that they decide which guys get the chance to be in the show to fight their way into the house.

What I think they should do is to skip the interviews, ditch the grappling only and just have a big tournament style fight to get the last 16 people. Maybe it would take a few days to have everyone go through the tournament, big deal. I think it would be a much better way to get the best fighters. Hell they could air that as a big special each season on spike TV. 2 or 3 hours, fairly low production value to keep the cost down and make a few bucks and get people interested before the real season even starts, along with getting the best guys on the show.

So your full of **** and have no credits. Thx for clearing it up.

I would reveal my identity, but knobs like yourself only know how to bash and can never appreciate insightful material.

F it, my name is Imperial Salami, Ariel Helwani's cousin.

Ive really stopped watching the show on a show to show basis since probably #6.

I try to keep updated, but its very stale.

But I have no problem with the show really. its develops new string of talent that can bypass a lot of ********. Most fighters already seem to be in good camps, and get recommended from whho they know already in the UFC. and this is a good way to weed out those fighters instead of putting them on an undercard in a PPV event.

Id wish UFC would set up the show a little different, and not cater to MTV-like production and rather to MMA/Sports fans would like to watch a show.

This year with the coaches I must have been the only one happy about it. Theyre putting 2 coaches who I dont care to see fight. Usually UFC picks a big/title(GSP vs Koscheck) fight 1-2 months after the champ just defended it(hardy), then they set it up asap and get production going, that takes 6 weeks, then they have to edit it to build a general show idea that will last the season, taht takes 3 weeks. then they begin to air the show and after that it takes about 2-3 months. In that time the coaches start training. the finale of the show happens, and soon after they do the PPV event.

so instead of putting GSP koscheck in late summer, early fall. we get to see it later fall early winter. It puts a hault on the title....but in the WW divisions case, GSP has cleaned it out, so this gives it a little bit of time to collect itself, and build up a new set of fights for him.

Even though they could do Koscheck now, the Thiago after, Then Fitch.

Hey I have an idea for you...Why dont u just stop watching! TUF is a an awesome show' date='keep it like it is..[/quote']

Are you blind you noob? You have 6 posts so you must not understand english very well. I'll put it so even you can understand: I are a paid MManalyst. Dey pay me to are be watching da TUF series. GTFO with your and 6 posts, TUF nub.

I would reveal my identity' date=' but knobs like yourself only know how to bash and can never appreciate insightful material.

F it, my name is Imperial Salami, Ariel Helwani's cousin.[/quote']

The absolute #1 proof that someone is lying is when they say they have credentials but wont show them.

Second is saying i would but i am mad.

If you bother to stick around after that the 3rd would be assessing what they have written that you can find.

Which in this guys case is pig ignorant garbage.

Unfortunately for you a writers career depends on credits, and being as open and out as possible. And unfortunately for your crappy story a real writer who writes for a living throws his credits out at the drop of a hat.

So sorry but from an actual professional writer you are called on your ******** and have nothing real to dispute, really not even anything half assed. All you have is the numerous and monstrously ignorant opinions you have put on this forum.

Sorry but uninformed opinion posts on a forum do not make you a respected MMA writer.

The absolute #1 proof that someone is lying is when they say they have credentials but wont show them.

Second is saying i would but i am mad.

If you bother to stick around after that the 3rd would be assessing what they have written that you can find.

Which in this guys case is pig ignorant garbage.

Unfortunately for you a writers career depends on credits' date=' and being as open and out as possible. And unfortunately for your crappy story a real writer who writes for a living throws his credits out at the drop of a hat.

So sorry but from an actual professional writer you are called on your ******** and have nothing real to dispute, really not even anything half assed. All you have is the numerous and monstrously ignorant opinions you have put on this forum.

Sorry but uninformed opinion posts on a forum do not make you a respected MMA writer.[/quote']

Are you stupid? Like seriously, are you? I just blatantly admitted that I am NOT a MMA writer. I mean do you really believe my name is Imperial Salami? Or are you just that stupid? Please tell me you're trying to troll on my troll thread, or else I will lose all faith in humanity.

I like it.. It shows how they live life' date=' then there's a fight at the end... Or even 2.[/quote']

You mean theres a wrestling match...or even 2. Haha.