Sign in to follow this  
The_Baker

Bottom line on the Rashad/Rampage fight

Rashad is more skilled, more well-rounded, much (MUCH) more intelligent, and overall a better fighter than Rampage. Rampage does have a puncher's chance of winning though. If he gets a lucky hit like he did against Liddell, Rashad will probably go down (though honestly the same goes for Rashad, he had a more impressive KO over Liddell imo). Other than the slight chance Rampage will land something that significant, it's all Rashad.

I feel like most of these Rampage guys on here have only watched the Primetime specials, TUF, and the commercials for 114.

Rashad is more skilled' date=' more well-rounded, much (MUCH) more intelligent, and overall a better fighter than Rampage. Rampage [i']does[/i] have a puncher's chance of winning though. If he gets a lucky hit like he did against Liddell, Rashad will probably go down (though honestly the same goes for Rashad, he had a more impressive KO over Liddell imo). Other than the slight chance Rampage will land something that significant, it's all Rashad.

I feel like most of these Rampage guys on here have only watched the Primetime specials, TUF, and the commercials for 114.

And maybe pride fighting......another tuf nub who things Rashad has skills. Hendo and Arona were better wrestlers than Rashad, and Rampage has faced and beaten infinitely more experienced strikers. Other than Machida Rampage is the biggest opponent Rashad has faced while Rashad is insignificant compared to the beasts Rampage has faced.

Bottom line is i just watched episode 2 of Primetime

Rampage wins by AK47, 10 shots in the body and a whole clip to the head.

Then prisontime,.....................

Lucky shot on liddell eh?.... and rashad's was different because.. you like him?

no hate, im just sayin, clearly you have a bias here ;)

bottom line is i just watched episode 2 of primetime

rampage wins by ak47' date=' 10 shots in the body and a whole clip to the head.

Then prisontime,.....................[/quote']

lol

Was Rampage lucky the other 2 time she beat chuck too?

How about was he lucky when he stopped every takedown/slam attempt Kevin Randleman had for him?

Or when he beat Henderson, a much better wrestler then Rashad?

Rashad is an athlete. Rampage is a fighter. Rashad will try to out point Rampage, Rampage will try to destroy Rashad.

Rashad is more skilled' date=' more well-rounded, much (MUCH) more intelligent, and overall a better fighter than Rampage. Rampage [i']does[/i] have a puncher's chance of winning though. If he gets a lucky hit like he did against Liddell, Rashad will probably go down (though honestly the same goes for Rashad, he had a more impressive KO over Liddell imo). Other than the slight chance Rampage will land something that significant, it's all Rashad.

rampage is way past his prime tho also

i hope rampage destroys rashad and seriously shuts him up.

But....

anyone else a bit nervous about what rashad's camp is doing?

anyhoo, i guarantee you rashad will go for all take downs, ala gsp vs hardy. weak sauce.

i hope rampage destroys rashad and seriously shuts him up.

But....

anyone else a bit nervous about what rashad's camp is doing?

anyhoo' date=' i guarantee you rashad will go for all take downs, ala gsp vs hardy. weak sauce.[/quote']

I'm a bit nervous, but I have faith that Rampage will shut up Rashad and any other ATHLETES in the sport of fighting.

rampage is way past his prime tho also

At the age of 31? No way man, he's has only lost once in UFC and he has faced top fighters.

Rashad has no chance, I'll see him going for takedown and when Rampage slams him once on the ground, he won't try to get takedown no more. It's all about Rampage.

At the age of 31? No way man' date=' he's has only lost once in UFC and he has faced top fighters.

Rashad has no chance, I'll see him going for takedown and when Rampage slams him once on the ground, he won't try to get takedown no more. It's all about Rampage.[/quote']

idk rampage just didnt look that good in the jardine fight. i know he said he had a messed up jaw but who knows i guess well just have to see

To be past your prime you have to show signs of being past it.

Like Cro Cop and Nog, Coleman, have shown the beginnings of those signs. im yet to see those signs from Rampage, However Rampage is a guy that tends to lose fights if he hasnt fought for awhile. But then again Rampage has said this is the hardest hes ever trained. Thats a scary thought , considering the guy has 30+ wins under his belt when hes not training like this.

hes 5-1 in the ufc and hes destroyed most his opponents.

rampage only has to land one big punch and it will be over

Jardine rocked evans

machida dropped and rocked him twice before the KO

thiago silva dropped and rocked him

none of those guys possess the power rampage does and i dont think rashad would be able to take rampage down enough to score a point decision

Rashad will be scared inside the cage with Rampage. He'll try and use his speed, but as soon as he feels the power, he'll go for takedowns. I'm sure Rampage has been sharpening up his takedown defence for this one. He wants the KO bad. As long as he remains patient, he will KO Rashad.

rashad a better fighter than rampage ?? what the fuck are you on ?!

rampage gonna murder him

People are really just setting themselves up to eat their own words after the fight. In my opinion, Rashad has the better grappling, they're both technically talented strikers(Rampage has the advantage in power, but who knows which one is actually better as a boxer/kickboxer), and I think Rashad has a better fight IQ than Rampage does.

I've got Rashad to win this one, but I wouldn't call it so easily, he could still very well find himself doing the stanky leg.

I'm picking Rampage to win but I think it could go either way. I think Rashad comes from a better camp but Rampage has a better natural aptitude for fighting. I think people forget how powerful Rampage really is because he hasn't slammed the hell out of anyone since coming to the UFC, but he still has that freakish kind of strength where he can pick a guy up over his head while being armbared. That's not something you can learn. Rashad continues to grow as a fighter but a highly motivated Rampage is problem for anyone.

rashad is an athlete and rampage is a fighter

rampage will defend the takedowns and ko rashad in round 1 period

i garrentee it :D

dude I almost **** myself when Rampage was yelling "HE'S DEAD!!!!" at the end of Primetime 2. If I were Rashad, I'd be booking flights to the polar ice caps to get away from Rampage right now.

Rampage will KO Rashad......rashad is over rated.....hes a wrestler.....and he will try to wrestle his way to a decision...and get KOed in the process!

Watch how leg kicks are used by Evans in this fight and how Jackson checks/responds to them. If Rampage can check/answer these leg kicks Evans is done this is his only shot.

Evans is not going to be able to use his wrestling like he did against Thiago. As far as standing he needs to get in and out quickly to have any chance there but it only takes one from Rampage so Evans needs to stick to his leg kicks.

Punchers chance, lucky punch against Chuck? Thats some silly @#$%.

hes 5-1 in the ufc and hes destroyed most his opponents.

rampage only has to land one big punch and it will be over

Jardine rocked evans

machida dropped and rocked him twice before the KO

thiago silva dropped and rocked him

none of those guys possess the power rampage does and i dont think rashad would be able to take rampage down enough to score a point decision

When did Jardine rock Rashad? Last time I checked they have never faught. And I believe he still beat Silva so it doesnt really matter if he rocked him or not.

When did Jardine rock Rashad? Last time I checked they have never faught. And I believe he still beat Silva so it doesnt really matter if he rocked him or not.

A TUF noob, that didn't even watch the first couple of seasons of TUF.

MONSTER LULZ.

haha fail

Rampage is

1. Larger and stronger fighter.

2. More experienced esp in championship fights

3. Better striking, Rashad was losing the stand up vs both Chuck and Forrest until he landed his big shot.

Rashad has better ground game and maybe faster hands , maybe better condition.

I like Rampage .

Shoot, why can't people go 1 day without posting their opinions on this? The Rampage ****s go crazy.

Okay yes Im a Rampage fan BUT I look at fights from an unbiased standng because Im a fan of the sport more. Here's why Rashad CAN'T WIN...Example PERFECT example... UFC 108...Thiago Silva vs Rashad Evans....Rashad DOMINATES the WHOLE fight using his WRESTLING...THEN decided in the 3rd and final round to stand and bang with Silva...ONE of the best strikers in the UFC...what happened? RASHAD nearly got KO. Now honestly do you think Rashad will be able to take a punch from Rampage? That post was pure comedy.

NOW RASHAD COULD WIN...if he can out wrestle and keep position on Rampage and not stand and bang with him. That's the only way he can beat Rampage, that or a LUCKY punch. Rampage won't gas out (well Idon't think so anyways but it is possible) if Rashad stands and bang with Rampage he'll need his snuggie back.

People are really just setting themselves up to eat their own words after the fight. In my opinion' date=' Rashad has the better grappling, they're both technically talented strikers(Rampage has the advantage in power, but who knows which one is actually better as a boxer/kickboxer), and I think Rashad has a better fight IQ than Rampage does.

I've got Rashad to win this one, but I wouldn't call it so easily, he could still very well find himself doing the stanky leg.[/quote']

Rampage is clearly the better striker of the two. Rampage has always been a striker, and has much more experience than evans who just a few years ago was primarily a wrestler with very limited striking.