Do you guys realize?

aKaBeasTTT

That in 2005 when Shogun and Wanderlei were both in their prime, if Wanderlei had not lost a decision to Ricardo Arona, we would of got to see a great spectacle in the form of Shogun vs the Axe Murderer for the Pride 2005 GP Middleweight championship?

*just realized this today and man it made me drool*

Nope that wouldnt of happened' date=' they have both said that they wouldnt fight eachother. They have been training partners forever and are basically family[/quote']

Source^^

I don't know about that. I seem to recall Wanderlei specifically saying something about how they've both KO'ed each other in training so it wouldn't be that big a deal to fight in the GrandPrix against each other if it came down to it.

ChuteBoxe was always known for thier legendary go for the kill sparring sessions.

That in 2005 when Shogun and Wanderlei were both in their prime' date=' if Wanderlei had not lost a decision to Ricardo Arona, we would of got to see a great spectacle in the form of Shogun vs the Axe Murderer for the Pride 2005 GP Middleweight championship?

*just realized this today and man it made me drool*[/quote']

Well, hypothetically speaking, Rua would have won if the fight had happened. That night belonged to The Shogun.

Archived