Sign in to follow this  
AUSMMA

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

has anyone heard about who he will be fighting next? after UFC 110 he sort of disappeared. probably to help his brother train, but can anyone think of some potential matchups for him. personally i would like to see him have a rematch with Frank Mir, just to clear up who would win when they are both healthy. so who do you think he should fight next

has anyone heard about who he will be fighting next? after UFC 110 he sort of disappeared. probably to help his brother train' date=' but can anyone think of some potential matchups for him. personally i would like to see him have a rematch with Frank Mir, just to clear up who would win when they are both healthy. so who do you think he should fight next[/quote']

gotta be mir ll ... staphgate needs to be resolved

i know. finally we will get to see who is better (not taking anything away from Mir's win).IMO, franks standup will be too much for Big Nog. i might of picked Nog before franks fight with brock, but now he's to big for him. i really like these two guys though and a loss could be devastating for both of them

I'd like to see Big Nog get another shot at Mir aswell. I was reading recently that Nog really wants that fight and it certainly seems like the logical choice.

I'd like to see Big Nog get another shot at Mir aswell. I was reading recently that Nog really wants that fight and it certainly seems like the logical choice.

the forum-rumor was that rodrigo had been released from the hospital 5 days prior to the match ...

the forum-rumor was that rodrigo had been released from the hospital 5 days prior to the match ...

I think I read somewhere that he had a leg injury in the lead up to that fight aswell. Would love to see what happens with all things being equal

Ant?nio Rodrigo Nogueira Looking For Rematch With Frank Mir

Tuesday May 11, 2010 BY ifight365

?Big Nog? is coming off a devastating knockout loss, the first of his long career, to Cain Velasquez at UFC 110. Looking to step back into the octagon against a tough opponent, Ant?nio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-6) say?s he?d like a rematch with Frank Mir (13-5).

?I?d love a rematch against Mir, it is a fight I would like to do again. It would be a good fight, he is a high level athlete. I want it, for sure.?

Mir defeated Nogueira at UFC 92 via TKO, another first, to take the interim UFC heavyweight title from the Brazilian. Since then both men have seen victory and defeat in their careers.

Since facing Mir, Nogueira went on to defeat Randy Couture at UFC 102, a bout that earned both legends the ?Fight of the Night? award. The former Pride heavyweight champ then suffered his loss to Velasquez in the UFC?s first trip to Australia.

For Mir, he moved on to face Brock Lesnar at UFC 100 in a title unification bout, losing via TKO in the second. He rebounded from that loss to defeat Cheick Kongo at UFC 107 and was then knocked out in the first round by Shane Carwin at UFC 111.

Both men are still chasing the heavyweight title and maintain their ranking among the elite in that division. A rematch makes sense for both men and Mir would probably welcome the chance to step back into the octagon with Nogueira.

the only other person i could think of that made sense besides mir was gonzaga

I would not be surprised if it was Kongo or the winner of Cro Cop Barry