March 26 2011

From Showdown Joe, here is the link

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2010/05/221/showdown_ufc_rogers/

The UFC has booked Rogers center... Thats right boys, I know it's only tentativly booked but they are hoping to break records that day, and it just shows how far they have come in the fight to get UFC sactioned in Ontario. If all goes well and it sells out, (like it most likly will) The Rogers center would be able to hold around 65,000 people wich would break their current record of 21, 390 (GSP vs Serra 2). If all goes well then we will see Ontario's first live UFC event a less then a year from now. And fingers crossed, I'll get my ticket.:D

From Showdown Joe' date=' here is the link

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2010/05/221/showdown_ufc_rogers/

The UFC has booked Rogers center... Thats right boys, I know it's only tentativly booked but they are hoping to break records that day, and it just shows how far they have come in the fight to get UFC sactioned in Ontario. If all goes well and it sells out, (like it most likly will) The Rogers center would be able to hold around 65,000 people wich would break their current record of 21, 390 (GSP vs Serra 2). If all goes well then we will see Ontario's first live UFC event a less then a year from now. And fingers crossed, I'll get my ticket.:D[/quote']

Wow. Thats like watching an NFL game. Nice! Any rumors on who may be fighting??

MMA is not sanctioned in Ontario.

Why would you book a 65000seat venue in the first place' date=' and why would you book it somewhere you are prohibited from fighting?

Sounds like BS to me.[/quote']

This just shows that they are close and that they are confident that it will be sanctioned in less then a year. Plus I don't think Joe Ferraro would put his reputation on the line to make a BS story just to be the first person to do so. I'm stoked about this and it is only tentitivly booked. But this is great news, showing how close we are to finally having MMA here

MMA is not sanctioned in Ontario.

Why would you book a 65000seat venue in the first place' date=' and why would you book it somewhere you are prohibited from fighting?

Sounds like BS to me.[/quote']

The UFC did the same thing for Vancouver for UFC 115 and then almost had to let go of the venue due to the challenges in getting it sanctioned in Vancouver. Pretty standard to hold a venue like that a year out and then try to work out the details in the meantime. It will eventually be sanctioned in Ontario because the public support and potential money to be made is too significant to ignore.

Archived