What if Rashad or Rampage Suddenly Couldn't?

Doctor_Obviously

I've been thinking....With all this hype for 114 and possibly the best promo for a UFC fight all over tv, what would happen if one of them were to get hurt this week?

If Rampage was out, who would Rashad face?

If Rashad was out, who would Rampage face?

Would they discontinue the fight til furthur notice?

Who would be the main event if both were out? Certainly not Bisping vs Miller.

Let me know what you guys think!

I've been thinking....With all this hype for 114 and possibly the best promo for a UFC fight all over tv' date=' what would happen if one of them were to get hurt this week?

Let me know what you guys think![/quote']

With all the injuries lately I wondered what the UFC would do if they had a short notice injury to an headliner - its happened before obviously but there is usually plenty of notice.

Edit - actually it would be really bad on this card because there is not co-main event really, which is quite unusual

With their go to guy - Couture tied up I'm not sure - wonder if Jones would turn that one down. I personally think Little Nog would get the nod

Dude, that would suck royally, this is a real emotional bout with some very heavy stakes between two of my favorite LHW's, if this fight were to drop It would be the second ppv in a row that I've missed. I was broke for Machida Shogun 2 and B-dubs was full till after the fights... Lets hope and pray that doesn't happen.

Dude' date=' that would suck royally, this is a real emotional bout with some very heavy stakes between two of my favorite LHW's, if this fight were to drop It would be the second ppv in a row that I've missed. I was broke for Machida Shogun 2 and B-dubs was full till after the fights... Lets hope and pray that doesn't happen.[/quote']

I would cry and hopefull Jones would step up and take on Rashad/Rampage. Or they can discontinue the LilNog/Brilz fight and make LilNog face Rashad/Rampage.

That would be awful, i would demand a sympathy card from the ufc lol.

I agree with Muay_Thai_Leeds, lil nog should get asked (and begged) first.

I wonder if Shogun would take it? Its not like he got damaged in the Machida fight. Maybe make it a non title fight, so if shogun looses he gets a fair rematch?

lil nog would be best.

I would cry and hopefull Jones would step up and take on Rashad/Rampage. Or they can discontinue the LilNog/Brilz fight and make LilNog face Rashad/Rampage.

LOL. Jones wouldn't step up to fight nog. You think he suddenly grew a spine in 3 weeks?

LOL. Jones wouldn't step up to fight nog. You think he suddenly grew a spine in 3 weeks?

It would be a number one contender fight so he would think its worth the risk. I dont think he bottled the lil Nog fight, he probably wasnt in shape and you cant face someone like lil nog like that - he was bound to get a loss on his record - it was smart

It would be a number one contender fight so he would think its worth the risk. I dont think he bottled the lil Nog fight' date=' he probably wasnt in shape and you cant face someone like lil nog like that - he was bound to get a loss on his record - it was smart[/quote']

No it wasn't. It was stupid. Now if he loses, his career is going to take a major blow. Losing to nog wouldn't have set him back much.

No it wasn't. It was stupid. Now if he loses' date=' his career is going to take a major blow. Losing to nog wouldn't have set him back much.[/quote']

He had just come out of a fight - what if he's not trained for a couple of weeks, he's sat there in mcdonalds eating a big mac and Dana rings asking him to fight Lil Nog in 6 weeks (or whatever it was) - you think he would be smart to say yes?? (btw I'm not implying any of this would happen, maybe a bit exagerated)

He had just come out of a fight - what if he's not trained for a couple of weeks' date=' he's sat there in mcdonalds eating a big mac and Dana rings[/quote']

God damn, I don't know what Dana Rings are but they sound a lot worse for you than the actual big macs are. They can't be all that fattening though because I'm guessing that Rashad has spent a lot of time munching on a dana ring and he still looks to be in pretty good shape.

Dana rings, hmmm, I think I'll stick to twister fries myself.

:D

I dont think Bones would fight Rashad...same camp...blah blah blah...

no one should be getting hurt in the final week...

however, i'll step up and take the fight as long as I get the purse of the fighter I am replacing...i can cut 15lbs...

Definitely Rogerio. Nobody else could be ready in this amount of time.. especially for a headlining fight.

i cannot imagine any legit top contender accepting such a dangerous fight with less than a week to prep for their specific opponent...

I've been thinking....With all this hype for 114 and possibly the best promo for a UFC fight all over tv' date=' what would happen if one of them were to get hurt this week?

Knock on wood, right now!!! Haha

I hope and pray that this rivalry that has motivated both to higher levels of training and

preparation both mentally and physically achieves fruition. If either cannot continue due to

injuries in training, Shogun who won his fight and got through it fresh and unscathed,

should step up to fight.

But, really I hope Rampage vs Rashad happens, I'm sure will all be in for a treat

because I've seen both of these fighters evolve a little because of the build up intensity of

this fight, and I'd like to see how this fight turns out, if each fighter has taken their game

up a level because of the other fighter presenting challenges with skill sets, athletic

ability, conditioning, etc. :D

I could really see something like that happing. Lets say Rampage misses weight by 7 pounds and Rashad says "I'm not fighting him if he can't make weight who else you got for me?"

But what would Dana do then? Pull Rashad to the side and tell him he's a punk if dosn't take the fight???

I could really see something like that happing. Lets say Rampage misses weight by 7 pounds and Rashad says "I'm not fighting him if he can't make weight who else you got for me?"

But what would Dana do then? Pull Rashad to the side and tell him he's a punk if dosn't take the fight???

yes if he didnt take the fight for that reason he would be a punk and id lose all respect for him, however if that happens rampage shouldnt get the title shot for winning.

Archived