Brandon Vera Blows......

cdaburnab

I cannot stand Brandon Vera. He's one of the only people I actually hate in this sport. Obviously the UFC is gonna give him another chance but after his next loss I think he should get the boot' date=' he's certainly not "The Future".[/quote']

Vera is a awesome fighter one of the best WELL ROUNDED FIGHTERS. He's gonna come back better than he was and to say it in the way you did that he doesnt deserve another fight you are a disrespectful punk.

I cannot stand Brandon Vera. He's one of the only people I actually hate in this sport. Obviously the UFC is gonna give him another chance but after his next loss I think he should get the boot' date=' he's certainly not "The Future".[/quote']

Dang, why don't you like him though? At least back in the day of KTFO'ing Frank Mir, He was really impressive... He lost a lot of heart when he lost to Werdum, and he lost more heart as he lost more fights... Don't kick a dying dog man. Personally I pity him, he had the potential.

Vera is a awesome fighter one of the best WELL ROUNDED FIGHTERS. He's gonna come back better than he was and to say it in the way you did that he doesnt deserve another fight you are a disrespectful punk.

This is amusing because after every loss, vera says he learned from his loss and this is the best brendon vera you will see, yet he just loses and comes back the same. I like him as a person but he's moved to gatekeeper status for me, even Dana said "This guy beat Brandon Vera" when referring to Jon Jones, as a milestone, that's all he can be without some big change in mentality. Don't get me wrong i think he's really talented, not to far behind Jones but he doesn't have to mentality of Jones.

yeah, the UFC employs fighters that suck at this sport. I don't care much for Brandon Vera but the guy is a great fighter with a lot of wins against experienced fighters. Your thread is just bashing. You pointed out nothing that could even be considered an argument... you sir...

epic_fail.jpg

To say you hate Brandon Vera is a really strong word.You didn't even give your reasons.There's nothing wrong with Brandon Vera.He's very talented.I remember thinking he'd go all the way to the top.He just needs to keep training hard,and boost his confidence back up.If we see a confident Vera again.He'll start beating some names again.

...WOW... No actual argument? No stats? Yeah after two straight losses (one a close decision) he should be canned huh? So should Libell' date=' Ortiz, Cote, Jardine, Guida, etc. be canned to?[/quote']

ortiz and jardine should definitly be out. more definitly ortiz actually..

brandon Vera has the skill set to be champion but for some reason just plain chokes in competition.. i guess hes one of those guys that was made to coach and not to fight.. hes amazing off his back and when up against Jones never even tried a sub.. the armbar was there.. he saw it.. and was kinda seting it up but wouldnt shoot it.. i dont know hopefully he can bounce back cuz hes a great fighter..

brandon Vera has the skill set to be champion but for some reason just plain chokes in competition.. i guess hes one of those guys that was made to coach and not to fight.. hes amazing off his back and when up against Jones never even tried a sub.. the armbar was there.. he saw it.. and was kinda seting it up but wouldnt shoot it.. i dont know hopefully he can bounce back cuz hes a great fighter..

agree and we probally need to gain some muscle to have ko power and not always rely on his kicks and submissions.

Brandon Vera at LHW sucks' date=' ever since he went down he has not shown any promise at all, I liked him better at heavyweight, and I don't see him doing anything at LHW. I say he moves back up, gets to where he used to be and fights Velasquez and JDS. At LHW he'll continue to choke.[/quote']

Do you think he will do any better against Lesnar and Carwin though? Hell even Cain and Gonzaga are probably too big for him.

Vera is screwed. He seems to have to cut too much weight to fight at 100% at LHW but he is not nearly big enough to hang with the top wrestlers in HW. Guy has no good options.

your an idiot. why would they cut an exciting fighter like vera regardless of how good or bad his record is. not that his record is even close to being bad he's 11/5/0

his most recent loss was to jon jones (no shame in that)

he lost a dubious decuision to randy couture (no shame in that)

he lost a split decision to keith jardine (not great but not the worst loss ever)

his other two losses where at heavyweight.

the UFC needs to be signing more tallent not getting rid of good fighters.

if you can do what he does and go through what he had, then i'd say you'll have all the right in the world to say that he doesn't deserve a future in the sport.

peace out

Some of my thoughts on Vera. He is ok as a fighter to me at best. And I can never see him being a contender in either division. I love Thai boxing and his is so hit and miss it leaves me wondering which Vera will show up at fight time. I don't understand why he has so much trouble cutting weight as there are alot bigger LHW's than him --> Rampage, T Silva and Forrest just to name a few walk around at 235+ and Vera used to fight at HW at 225 / 230.

Is there a spot in the UFC for Vera, sure he would do good in fights with the other bangers. I would like to see him with Cro Cop, Pat Berry and Hardonk. Guys who like to bang and make quick KO fights. In the LHW division I am unsure he has so much trouble after cutting weight but maby a T Silva or other style banger would make fun a entertaining fight.

I honestly don't see him lasting in the UFC after another loss though, but hey its just my thoughts.

Nor the "Truth" right? thats Paul Pierce.

Brandon Vera at LHW sucks' date=' ever since he went down he has not shown any promise at all, I liked him better at heavyweight, and I don't see him doing anything at LHW. I say he moves back up, gets to where he used to be and fights Velasquez and JDS. At LHW he'll continue to choke.[/quote']

Yeah....that's a great idea....you are struggling at 205, so you should move up to 265 where much bigger guys are on massive win streaks....makes sense...

I'm a big Vera fan. Aside from Jones and his fluke knockout by Werdum he's never had a one sided loss. In the Jones fight he took a sharp, hard elbow right to his orbital. Most people probably would have reacted the same way. I firmly believe he beat Couture, he was the only one to do any serious damage and if the fight had been under pride style rules he definitely would have won. Before what other losses does he have at LHW? Jardine? are there any others. There's no shame in losing a close decision to Jardine, especially when you're still adapting to the new weight class. I think he still has a bright future but a lot of it will depend on mental state. He has all the necessary skills, aside from maybe needing to put on some physical strength. If I can make one knock against him, he might be a bit of a front runner. When he was finishing guys at heavyweight and he was the next big thing, he seemed like nothing could stop him. But with every loss you can tell he lets it affect his confidence. I think he would give any top level LHW a good fight, win or lose. But before he gets those fights, he needs to convince himself he deserves them and that a loss against a good fighter isn't the end of the world.

I wouldn't say he sucks at LHW. Thing is that HW he was fighting lesser opponents at first which the size he was able to deal with. When he fought Frank Mir, Frank was just coming back himself and far from in shape.

Vera looks good at LHW, it's just the LHW is very stacked. It'll be tough to keep winning in that division no matter who you are.

Oh ya and for the idiot that started this thread. Vera is a wicked fighter. The guy is super nice so not sure if you just don't like nice people or if your trolling but to say he should get the boot, shows your lack of intelligence in the sport of MMA.

I think Vera should switch camps. Maybe to Greg Jacksons or ATT or The Nogiuerra's. He needs to train with top guys to be on top too. Imo he's afraid of engaging the enemy. I feel his hesitation to do something and risk it. Like what happened to the Jardine fight and the Couture fight as well. He lacked the killer instincts he had when he was in HW. He doesnt even have a bad record. He has the same record with Gabe Gonzaga.

People love Vera. They want to see him fight. Its what matters in the UFC. People love to see Ortiz (or love to hate), Jardine, Guida, Grove, Boesch, Goulet and the like who give it their all in a fight. Thats what people love to watch no matter what youre record is. Hendo is another story though. Im not really sure if people still love to watch him fight or not.

Archived