What's next for Demian Maia?

Kliffdiver

Who is Demian Maia?

Pro- 13-2-0 / UFC 7-2-0

Sorry for the big double topic post! After his contreversial loss to Anderson Silva where does he stand now? Who should be his next opponent? He has shown great potential, and has proven time and time again he is a top contender in the MW division!

So my question is what do you think about Maia? Where are his strengths and weaknesses? Who do think will be the next match up for him?

Plz and Thx

Who is Demian Maia?

Pro- 13-2-0 / UFC 7-2-0

Sorry for the big double topic post! After his contreversial loss to Anderson Silva where does he stand now? Who should be his next opponent? He has shown great potential' date=' and has proven time and time again he is a top contender in the MW division!

So my question is what do you think about Maia? Where are his strengths and weaknesses? Who do think will be the next match up for him?

Plz and Thx[/quote']

Um not really sure he needs work on his power and stand up

also with his takedowns

i see him fighting another Grappler next though maybe

id like to see him vs Phalhares that would be an excellent ground battle

but meh im not really sure where to go from here

Cote perhaps

Any appeal Maia once had for me was lost during his pants-pizzing performance at UFC 112. I really wanted to believe that he held the key to bringing down Anderson Silva. Not only that, I wanted to believe that he could continue competing with little more than his BJJ. But now that he showed how deficient he is against someone with takedown defense, I have no interest in his fights.

His mastery of BJJ is now a liability, since he will always be better at that than anything else he trains in, so it will always be his go-to strategy, and his opponents will get better and better at neutralizing it.

If I were Maia I would seriously consider the drop to ww. He isnt all that lean at 85 and shouldnt have too much trouble with the drop. I don't think he can beat the champ but with Gsp moving up sometime in the future I think Maia could have a shot at a belt at 70.

Um not really sure he needs work on his power and stand up

also with his takedowns

i see him fighting another Grappler next though maybe

id like to see him vs Phalhares that would be an excellent ground battle

but meh im not really sure where to go from here

Cote perhaps

if he fought Palhares the BJJ would neutralize and we'd be stuck with a sh*tty stand up fight

Belcher however would be a fun beat down

if he fought Palhares the BJJ would neutralize and we'd be stuck with a sh*tty stand up fight

Belcher however would be a fun beat down

what i had in my head was somthing like the Macdonald fight really good fight both ground fighters and both went for it

Archived