The only man who has fought both Brock and Fedor gives his pick for a winner...

SCOver2

Heath says it's 50/50.

I thing given that he hates Brock and that Fedor is worshiped by all circles of MMA what he's really saying is that Brock would win :)

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Heath-Herring-talks-Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Brock-Lesnar.html

How many people have fought both Brock Lesnar and Fedor Emelianenko? Heath Herring has, and with the knowledge of competing against both fighters, he weighed in on the potential match up

Herring spoke with Shambala Sports Radio recently about the battle of the two monstrous heavyweights.

"Brock is much larger than Fedor, he weighs a lot more than him," Herring said. "He's a big wrestler - that's what he does - he comes forward, he tries to take his opponent down and control them.

"Fedor has really come along a lot in the last couple years with his stand up and the striking game. He's always pretty dangerous off his back."

Herring lost a decision to Lesnar in August 2008, while his fight with Emelianenko, which ended via TKO (doctor's stoppage), took place in November 2002. But regardless of how much the top-ranked heavyweights have improved since then, Herring said that there would be other factors at play as well.

"If they got into with each other, a lot of it would depend on the referee, depend on which organization that they fight in. I think that that really would be the key.

"If Fedor was able to land shots on Brock early on and catch him, he could take the fight. But on the flip side of that, if Brock was able to take him down, and they have a referee that isn't going to stand the fight up, you could see Brock getting the takedown and just holding him down and beating out a decision victory."

But "The Texas Crazy Horse" did not offer a prediction for the fight.

"Which way would I go?" he said. "I don't know, I'd give it about 50-50."

It's so obvious Herring wants to say Fedor will win' date=' he just doesn't want another beating from Lesnar.[/quote']Is Lesnar going to chase him to the set of his next crappy film or TV spot? Because last I heard Heath was done in MMA....

I mean Brock retired him ;)

Is Lesnar going to chase him to the set of his next crappy film or TV spot? Because last I heard Heath was done in MMA....

I mean Brock retired him ;)

He's too busy in his "acting career".

Heath wasn't going to retire but then he saw "Cain Velasquez" and saw "wrestler" and had horrible flashbacks about Lesnar so then he had an "injury".

At least he knows better.

It's funny how you (SCO) out of all people spun this thread to say Fedor would rape Brock. Thanks for making me see cleary that Fedor would destroy Brock. I always really though that Brock was better and was a huge fan but now thanks to you I realized with all the intelectual information you give about Fedor being able to destroy Brock I have became a Fedor fan.

Thanks for changing my life SCO(the number 1 Fedor fan)

So what he says in that interview is Brock has a chance at a decision while Fedor has a chance at finishing Brock.

Stoppage > Decision

What I took from that was that Fedor only had a punchers chance early in the fight,

but over a long hard fought battle the better fighter would emerge victorious :)

Real chance >>>>> Punchers chance

sry but idk why were talking about brock and fedor when brock aint even gonna be the camp for much longer, when carwin strips brock of the title whats the argument gonna be then? or if cain takes the title of who ever wins? or jds in the future b4 fedor comes to ufc if he does? how are all the ppl on brocks nuts gonna feel when he gets smashed by the new comp he has, i dont think u can make the choice when there is alot of meat left for brock to catch, i do think carwin and cain could take fedor tho not easily but i think they can and would

What I took from that was that Fedor only had a punchers chance early in the fight' date='

but over a long hard fought battle the better fighter would emerge victorious :)

Real chance >>>>> Punchers chance[/quote']

school-yard hammer-fists vs a 16 mma-submission/ Russian Combat Sambo Champion w/ KO power in both hands ...

Brock sure is a true champ to take on such a beast.

Unlike Fedor who isn't even even man enough to take on the champ of his own org :)

Thanks for the reminder.

.. Brock will never face a prime Nogueira, Crocop, or even Gonzaga ...& he will probably never be positioned to fight Overeem, Barnett, Silva, Rogers, or Arlovski ...

he gets Carwin who has 4 big-league fights, was getting his **** beat by past-prime Gonzaga, & never fought past 3:48 in his career ..

if he gets past Carwin, then he gets 8-0 Velasquez w/ biggest win over a past-prime Nogueira .. then he gets dos Santos who has tapped to a scrub/ biggest win is over Werdum .. oddly enough, Lesnar is capable of losing to all three >

.. Brock will never face a prime Nogueira' date=' Crocop, or even Gonzaga ...& he will probably never be positioned to fight Overeem, Barnett, Silva, Rogers, or Arlovski ...

he gets Carwin who has 4 big-league fights, was getting his **** beat by past-prime Gonzaga, & never fought past 3:48 in his career ..

if he gets past Carwin, then he gets 8-0 Velasquez w/ biggest win over a past-prime Nogueira .. then he gets dos Santos who has tapped to a scrub/ biggest win is over Werdum .. oddly enough, Lesnar is capable of losing to all three >[/quote']

You my good sir, have just managed to make Dos Santos, Velasquez, and Carwin all look like chumps in one paragraph. No easy feat.

.. Brock will never face a prime Nogueira' date=' Crocop, or even Gonzaga ...& he will probably never be positioned to fight Overeem, Barnett, Silva, Rogers, or Arlovski ...

if he gets past Carwin, then he gets 8-0 Velasquez w/ biggest win over a past-prime Nogueira .. then he gets dos Santos who has tapped to a scrub/ biggest win is over Werdum .. oddly enough, Lesnar is capable of losing to all three >[/quote']

Rogers

.. undertested

.. beat past-prime arlovski

.. lost all confidence in fight with emp

Arlovski

.. 6 tko losses

.. past prime

.. lost to sylvia [biggest factor..EVER)

Silva

.. beat past prime rodriguez & arlovski

.. 0-1 against top competition

Overeem

.. 6 tko losses

.. beat un-test rogers

.. before rogers, no credible win since belfort in 06

Barnett

.. since he's once of your soft spots I won't get started on him.

Point being these 5 are supposed to be the "top" competition? JDS, Cain and Carwin are clearly ahead, untested or not.

... if Lesnar beats JDS, Cain and Carwin, his critics will say >

dos Santos .. never showed a gg, had a tap-loss & wasn't ready

Velasquez .. 8-0 w/ shallow resume, never tested

Carwin .. one-trick pony, never really tested past round 1

... Overeem, Silva, & Barnett are superior trophies that would boost his resume ...

(I agree that Rogers will never potentialize if he fights scared & Andrei is struggling)

... imagine what Fedors critics would say about Brock if Emelianenko destroyed him ?

Brock is bigger, stronger, and a better wrestler than Fedor, but Fedor is better than Brock at almost every other aspect of MMA. He has the experience and a skill set that Brock will never have. I think it's a toss up at this point.

As far as Fedor having faced a "top of their game" Nog, CroCop, etc, you have to make the assumption that those fighters were considerably better then than they are now, and if that's true, today's fighters aren't better. Could it be that the elite of PRIDE are mostly as good as they were then, but that the new level of competition is that much better? There's really no way to know for sure.

Brock certainly isn't invincible. He made a rookie mistake in the first Mir fight and got caught in a submission. He also ate a big knee to the head in their 2nd fight but managed to stay in control and recover. A much smaller Couture was able to work Brock against the cage pretty well.

Fedor isn't invincible either. A green Brett Rogers broke his nose in the first round and got really close to a TKO finish. Arlovski really pushed the action and backed him up until getting caught with a KO punch that made him drop like a sack of potatoes.

if he gets past Carwin, then he gets 8-0 Velasquez w/ biggest win over a past-prime Nogueira .. then he gets dos Santos who has tapped to a scrub/ biggest win is over Werdum .. oddly enough, Lesnar is capable of losing to all three >[/quote']Saying things like prime Nog, and Crocop is just an excuse because they got their asses whupped in the UFC :) and against guys like Kongo and Gonzaga no less.

... if Lesnar beats JDS' date=' Cain and Carwin, his critics will say >

dos Santos .. never showed a gg, had a tap-loss & wasn't ready

Velasquez .. 8-0 w/ shallow resume, never tested

Carwin .. one-trick pony, never really tested past round 1

... Overeem, Silva, & Barnett are superior trophies that would boost his resume ...

(I agree that Rogers will never potentialize if he fights scared & Andrei is struggling)

... imagine what Fedors critics would say about Brock if Emelianenko destroyed him ?[/quote']

.. you do know that JDS's tap loss was against a BJJ black belt right?

credible wins: struve, past-prime CroCop, yvel

next opponent: roy nelson: bjj black belt

.. cain was never tested I agree.

.. carwin = rogers

case closed.

Overeem has done nothing at HW besides beating Rogers at HW to impress me.

Barnett.......ok you got that one :P

.. imagine what Lesnars critics would say about Fedor is Lesnar destroyed him ?

oh yea they wouldn't have anything to say :P

.. you do know that JDS's tap loss was against a BJJ black belt right? (this entire ferreira vs dos santos fight-video is available on-line > its very cool)

credible wins: struve' date=' past-prime CroCop, yvel

next opponent: roy nelson: bjj black belt

.. cain was never tested I agree.

.. carwin = rogers

case closed.

Overeem has done nothing at HW besides beating Rogers at HW to impress me.

Barnett.......ok you got that one :P

.. imagine what Lesnars critics would say about Fedor is Lesnar destroyed him ?

oh yea they wouldn't have anything to say :P[/quote'] .. they would put Fedor in the "Crocop, Nogueira, Gonzaga category & jusifiably so <

I doubt they will ever touch gloves.

Fedor is probably going to retire in a few years.

Fedor isn't going to fight in the UFC.

If Fedor loses to someone in Strikeforce before he retires, they will probably be brought over to the UFC to fight Lesnar. When Lesnar beats that opponent, we will hear all the Lesnar cheerleaders here cry that it is proof Lesnar is better than Fedor.

IMO, it doesn't really matter. Lesnar and Fedor shouldn't even be in the same weight class. Unfortunately there are not enough good HW fighters to make more weight classes.

... claxy my man' date=' > imo its all about the lhw division ;)[/quote']

what about the mw, ww, lw, fw, bm divisions? :eek:

I don't know iff you heard but:

..Jos? Aldo da Silva Oliveira Junior > Фёдор Владимирович Емельяненко

what about the mw' date=' ww, lw, fw, bm divisions? :eek:

I don't know iff you heard but:

..Jos? Aldo da Silva Oliveira Junior > Фёдор Владимирович Емельяненко[/quote']

lhw mix n' match : (I'm sure I left out somebody)

rogerio

thiago

banha

mousasi

griffin

machida

lawal

anderson^

henderson^

ortiz

machida

bader

jones

hamill

franklin^

shogun

wanderlei^

matyushenko

belfort^

couture

rampage

evans

liddell

sobral

sokoudjou

jardine

bonnar

the polish-guy

vera

lhw mix n' match : (I'm sure I left out somebody)

rogerio

thiago

banha

mousasi

griffin

machida

lawal

anderson^

henderson^

ortiz

machida

bader

jones

hamill

franklin^

shogun

wanderlei^

matyushenko

belfort^

couture

rampage

evans

liddell

sobral

sokoudjou

jardine

bonnar

the polish-guy

vera

that's a huge list :eek:

lmao @ "the polish guy"

brock broke hearings oribital bone' date=' ending his fight career pretty much. he said in twitter awhile back[/quote']

Lesnar's victory over Herring was more dominant than Fedor's victory over Herring.

Fedor hit Herring with everything he had for 9 straight minutes and only cut Herring. (Herring then reversed him and beat on Fedor for the final minute until the bell rang)

Lesnar just took a few seconds to break Herring's face with just one punch, and then proceded to dominate the fight from start to finish.

And also not in Fedor's favor is that it could take a year or two before Lesnar and Fedor ever fight, which is in Lesnar's favor because he's still learning and getting better (which is truly scary). Fedor is just getting older, if anything his abilities are waning.

I say if Fedor doesn't catch Lesnar coming in with a devestating punch right of the bat so he avoids getting taken down... the fight ends up like this:

ot2lpu.jpg

Archived