Rumour:Lyoto Machida vs Forest Griffin

FerociousKO

yeah i am human i make typing errors u idiot

Whats your problem dbag? So what if this has been posted before or people picked Griffin. Keep your negative ****e to yourself. Go beat your dog or something if you're that angry, let the adults talk.

Forrest will win

Machida is my fighter and I voted for him' date=' but this is going to be a difficult fight for him. Forrest has a good chin and will be the bigger man on fight night. I am actually scare for Machida.[/quote']

...really? What part of Forrest's sloppy stand up do you think will touch Machida? Forrest is pretty much the perfect opponent for Machida. Big name zero risk.

...really? What part of Forrest's sloppy stand up do you think will touch Machida? Forrest is pretty much the perfect opponent for Machida. Big name zero risk.

I hope you know I am one of Machida's biggest fans.

Forrest is the bigger man, with better cardio and he has some good kicks which he will definitely use after seeing what Shogun did in Machida vs Rua I.

Forrest is slow and mediocre but he will have a significant weight advantage coming into this fight. Don't be surprise to see a pretty even fight.

I hope you know I am one of Machida's biggest fans.

Forrest is the bigger man' date=' with better cardio and he has some good kicks which he will definitely use after seeing what Shogun did in Machida vs Rua I.

Forrest is slow and mediocre but he will have a significant weight advantage coming into this fight. Don't be surprise to see a pretty even fight.[/quote']

Lol, thought Id never see the day, kung fu thinks gump got a good chance against his beloved Machida? This is awsome, shogun brought u back to realality uh?

i cant believe people are actualy piking griffin lol

Stylistically Its a better fight for him than nog. His reach / kicks can help him deal with machidas style. Its much harder to pick and pop at somebody who has that much reach on you. Griffin has a 3 inch reach advantage with his arms, and he is two inches taller giving him a reach advantage with kicks as well. He just has to have the right game plan ready and not get anxious and charge in. He has to fight like he did vs page not like he did vs silva.

This is a great fight regardless of the outcome. This is a fight that can help both fighters a lot. This is no JDS vs Nelson. Griff is tryin to get back into title contention, and i think a win vs machida may put him into consideration for a shot after rampage/evans . Former champs rarely get easy fights coming off of losing their belt especially considering what the lhw looks like atm. Stoping Griff would help machida get another shot, and imo would be a great rebound fight for him. If griff loses perhaps it shows that he can no longer hang in there with the big boys of the division. If machida loses perhaps people will begin to realize it was the strategy not the fighter that was winning him fights. Both fighters have been recently injured so the time table might actually work out perfectly. I think this fight makes a lot of sense, and i hope it happens. Should be a good fight imo.

Lol' date=' thought Id never see the day, kung fu thinks gump got a good chance against his beloved Machida? This is awsome, shogun brought u back to realality uh?[/quote']

Didn't I tell you what I really thought about the Machida and Shogun fight? I said and I quote, "It should be a good fight."

...and I said somewhere along the lines both fighters are capable of winning the fight.

Didn't I tell you what I really thought about the Machida and Shogun fight? I said and I quote' date=' "It should be a good fight."

...and I said somewhere along the lines both fighters are capable of winning the fight.[/quote']

Yeah it took u like a few days b4 the fight to admit that but u would have never thought this (gump) b4 Machida/shogun 2. You would have probably laughed off the thought of gump taking it to machida and said hes way to slow and sloppy or something.

im a huge fan of machida and griffin equally but was glad watching machida lose to shogun. hopefully the loss will make him more of an aggressor. i understand his elusiveness is what wins fights but perhaps being more on the offensive will get him back into title contention. likewise for griffin, i think with him willing to scrap and with the reach/height advantage he'll have, he'll be able to put enough pressure on machida and keep him under control as long as he doesn't come in too recklessly/anxiously. a win over machida shoots griffin back in the race for sure. that said, im going for griffin. i think taking into consideration how shogun beat machida, forrest can use that to some degree when setting his own gameplan.

Forrest has 0% chance of winning this fight.... How would he?

1.KO Machida...... F no. striking is way too slow.

2.Take Machida down and sub/grind out a decision. Double F no. Machida has great TDD and Forrest is not known for his takedowns.

The only way he could win is if he just kicks Machidas legs and runs from him the whole fight. After all, you cant win fights with leg kicks, unless your name is Forrest Griffin

Dont... Ever... Count forrest griffin out

C'mon man!!!!!

Your still believing that UFC hype machine. I'm so tired of this "never count him out" and "he has so much heart crap". He has been handed his UFC fame by giving him big names when their not at their best (Shogun, Page). Once he fought big names who werent battling injuries or ring rust he was exposed for being the bum he is. Most overrated, overhyped fighter in UFC history. I also think he pulled out of the fight with lil nog because he knew he was gonna get beat down.

C'mon man!!!!!

Your still believing that UFC hype machine. I'm so tired of this "never count him out" and "he has so much heart crap". He has been handed his UFC fame by giving him big names when their not at their best (Shogun' date=' Page). Once he fought big names who werent battling injuries or ring rust he was exposed for being the bum he is. Most overrated, overhyped fighter in UFC history. I also think he pulled out of the fight with lil nog because he knew he was gonna get beat down.[/quote']

dude.. i think Machida will win... im just sayin

Archived