Lesnar/Carwin punching power

RampagE_AttacK

Not sure about that but I would definelty say Carwin has more punching power. Everyone talks about his bunch with Heath Herring but really in my opinion Heath somersaulted backwards by his own power not because of Lesnar. Herring didn't even really look hurt after that punch. He did drop Couture but when you out weigh a guy that much and land a shot behind the ear like that chances are your opponent will drop. Carwin on the other hand there really is no disputing the effectiveness of his punching power. Look at everyone of hits fights and the out come. Lesnar rage filled hammer fist though seem pretty deadly. I still think Lesnar will be on the receiving end of his first KO though and Carwin will be the new champ.

That would of been cool to watch.

I would of thought Carwin over Lensnar in terms of punching power. Maybe the device just reads pure impact and maybe Lensnar did edge out Carwin.

it didn't happen. so don't let your hopes get high. Carwin already denied that anything like that happened.

He clearly said punching power not technique and ability to land. Look at Lesnar and Carwin standing next to each other after Carwin Ko'd Mir. Lesnar is alot bigger then Carwin.... so sure Carwin actually tags everyone he fights dosen't mean he hits harder then Lesnar who is ofter throwing short punches from the ground anyway

He clearly said punching power not technique and ability to land. Look at Lesnar and Carwin standing next to each other after Carwin Ko'd Mir. Lesnar is alot bigger then Carwin.... so sure Carwin actually tags everyone he fights dosen't mean he hits harder then Lesnar who is ofter throwing short punches from the ground anyway

You mean the Lesnar - 1) who hadn't cut down to 265 the day before. 2) who was wearing his cowboy boots. 3) and who had a custom tailored suit on. You're gonna compare that to a guy standing there barefoot and only wearing shorts........

Yes, Lesnar is slightly larger than Carwin. But don't let that image from them face to face after the Carwin/Mir fight skew you of the real difference.

And just because he's bigger doesn't mean he has more punching power. That's like saying i have a 10 inch cack and you only have an 8 inch, so i must be better in bed... Come on, really?

Carwin said Lesnar made it up, and Lesnar said some website made it up. Carwins response to it was pretty funny. Said something like "you think Lesnar and I were hanging out at a dave and busters or something?"

Safe to say it was complete bullchit.

Carwin said Lesnar made it up' date=' and Lesnar said some website made it up. Carwins response to it was pretty funny. Said something like "you think Lesnar and I were hanging out at a dave and busters or something?"

Safe to say it was complete bullchit.[/quote']

No, its true. The punching bag was Mir's face.

Why do I keep getting images of Rocky IV, when they were measuring Drago's "deadly" punching power on some sort of contraption? :D

Raw power doesn't necessary translate to effective punching. I definitely think Carwin has superior stand-up to Brock. As far as this fight goes, anything can happen.

Carwin said Lesnar made it up' date=' and Lesnar said some website made it up. Carwins response to it was pretty funny. Said something like "you think Lesnar and I were hanging out at a dave and busters or something?"

Safe to say it was complete bullchit.[/quote']

It would be epic to see Brock vs Carwin in a game of.....Dance Dance Revolution.

You realize punching power is not about size or strength really?

It's more of a thing you're born with but can build on, What does Brock have, Multiple landed on Randy and Herring, Randy got tagged on the temple and Herring rolled Back, Shane puts people out with about every clean shot, Brock doesn't.

They are likely not far from each other in this department. Carwin one punch everyone my **** watch the Mir fight. He one punched Gonzaga though.

Power and precision are two different things. A. Silva has precision, Carwin/Lesnar have power and as stated I bet it's very close.

They are likely not far from each other in this department. Carwin one punch everyone my **** watch the Mir fight. He one punched Gonzaga though.

Power and precision are two different things. A. Silva has precision' date=' Carwin/Lesnar have power and as stated I bet it's very close.[/quote']

How many punches did it take Lesnar to KO Mir? How can you say it is close by looking at their past performances? Lesnar is a beast, but his hands aren't at the same threat level as Carwins.

Shane puts people out with about every clean shot' date=' Brock doesn't.[/quote']

Yep, that Gonzaga shot was a short, choppy right from a dazed and wobbly Carwin. The flurry that dropped Mir was also short and choppy from the clinch. How 'bout that Christian Wellish punch? Jesus!

Mongo beat on Mir for almost two rounds. Sure, it lumped his face up but it wasn't until Mir's head was thudded off the mat (no recoil) that things got ugly and stopped.

Carwin's punch has got to be something that you'll likely never remember.

How many punches did it take Lesnar to KO Mir? How can you say it is close by looking at their past performances? Lesnar is a beast' date=' but his hands aren't at the same threat level as Carwins.[/quote']

How many punches did it take to drop Mir in their fist fight vs. how many it took Carwin to drop Mir? Further, i'm fairly certain it took more punches from Carwin to put Mir out and that's something to consider given Lesnar's punches were thrown with Lesnar on top of Mir not able to generate the same power he can while standing. Lastly, many of Carwin's punches were in the temple area while Lesnars were directly to Mir's face.

are we seriously arguing about this? Brock has his strengths' date=' and shane has his. To illustrate.

shane-carwin_gabriel-gonzaga.gif

image-3c81_4bb55314.gif

2wgda8j.gif

vr98bd.gif

see a pattern here?

both of these guys have tremendous power but at this point' date=' i'm not going to be convinced carwin holds some kind of super duper magic power advantage on his punch vs. Lesnar's.[/quote']

that is all

In a case where you're debating one man's punching power vs. another posting gif's of only one man demonstrating his punching power doesn't really "end the debate" but if it makes you happy go with it:)

I will, and have. Thanks for the advice though! If you'd like some words then I'd be glad to ellaborate. Shane Carwin is 12-0-0 with all fights ending in the first round. Most of the fights end in KO. Shane dictates the pace of the fight, and controls his opponents in the clinch. His short punches buckled Mir, his long punches gaurantee KO'd Gonzaga and Welsch, and his G& P is very accurate. Cinder block's come to mind when one should think of "The Engineers" Fist's =D

I will' date=' and have. Thanks for the advice though! If you'd like some words then I'd be glad to ellaborate. Shane Carwin is 12-0-0 with all fights ending in the first round. Most of the fights end in KO. Shane dictates the pace of the fight, and controls his opponents in the clinch. His short punches buckled Mir, his long punches gaurantee KO'd Gonzaga and Welsch, and his G& P is very accurate. Cinder block's come to mind when one should think of "The Engineers" Fist's =D[/quote']Actually Shane only has 2 legit KO's, and he's fought against 10 cans..

Brock has only fought 1 can.

Put 9 more cans in front of Brock and I'm sure he'd have a few KO's too.

Hell, Brock has landed about 4 punches standing in his entire MMA career and 3 of them have resulted in knockdowns as it is.

I will' date=' and have. Thanks for the advice though! If you'd like some words then I'd be glad to ellaborate. Shane Carwin is 12-0-0 with all fights ending in the first round. Most of the fights end in KO. Shane dictates the pace of the fight, and controls his opponents in the clinch. His short punches buckled Mir, his long punches gaurantee KO'd Gonzaga and Welsch, and his G& P is very accurate. Cinder block's come to mind when one should think of "The Engineers" Fist's =D[/quote']

Makes no difference Carwin is losing this fight

Actually Shane only has 2 legit KO's' date=' and he's fought against 10 cans..

Brock has only fought 1 can.

Put 9 more cans in front of Brock and I'm sure he'd have a few KO's too.

Hell, Brock has landed about 4 punches standing in his entire MMA career and 3 of them have resulted in knockdowns as it is.[/quote']

Makes no difference Carwin is losing this fight

1.I think the word "Can" is overated, because at any moment in time someone can(lol) call you a "Can".

2. I thought we were talking about punching power?

Yep' date=' that Gonzaga shot was a short, choppy right from a dazed and wobbly Carwin. The flurry that dropped Mir was also short and choppy from the clinch. How 'bout that Christian Wellish punch? Jesus!

Mongo beat on Mir for almost two rounds. Sure, it lumped his face up but it wasn't until Mir's head was thudded off the mat (no recoil) that things got ugly and stopped.

Carwin's punch has got to be something that you'll likely never remember.[/quote']

I don't think Mir's head could have possibly hit the mat during the Brock fight, not with the way he was hitting him.

1.I think the word "Can" is overated' date=' because at any moment in time someone can(lol) call you a "Can".

2. I thought we were talking about punching power?[/quote']Carwin literally has fought 10 cans.

Complete unknowns and talentless hacks.

Carwin literally has fought 10 cans.

Complete unknowns and talentless hacks.

Dude I know your bit. You come to each topic, and the state same thing. BROCK IS GOING TO BEAT CARWIN. OKAY we get it. Now were talking about punching power. Not who will win the fight.

Dude I know your bit. You come to each topic' date=' and the state same thing. BROCK IS GOING TO BEAT CARWIN. OKAY we get it. Now were talking about punching power. Not who will win the fight.[/quote']

But there's no way to tell who has more punching power.

You are aware that Carwin has had 12 fights right?

Mir and Gonzaga are the guys I wasn't counting as cans.

Math is your friend.

who cares how many so called "cans" either of them have fought. that doesn't matter. the fact is Shane is 12-0 with all first round finishes. Brock is 4-1. You can't argue the truth and call people "cans" to make your fighter look better. i'm sorry, you just can't do that.

who cares how many so called "cans" either of them have fought. that doesn't matter. the fact is Shane is 12-0 with all first round finishes. Brock is 4-1. You can't argue the truth and call people "cans" to make your fighter look better. i'm sorry' date=' you just can't do that.[/quote']What do first round finishes have to do with punching power?

Carwin has 2 KO's.

What I'm saying is that if Brock fought ten cans like Carwin he'd likely have a few KO's too.

God this again.....Lesnar is only slightly larger.

Carwin was at FIGHTING weight and Lesnar was at WALKING weight.

Lesnar was also wearing a full suit and SHOES

What do first round finishes have to do with punching power?

Carwin has 2 KO's.

What I'm saying is that if Brock fought ten cans like Carwin he'd likely have a few KO's too.

Seriously man.

You usually make intelligent, valid arguments, but this is pretty poor.

12 first round stoppages by KO or TKO have A LOT to do with punching power.

And you can keep hypothesizing about how many KO's Brock MIGHT have IF he had more fights AND if he choose to stand all you want; it's still just a guess, and not even an educated one at that.

People don't get KO'd be right straights very often, but that's the only punch Lesnar throws; Carwin also throws rights straights, but much more effectively, in addition to throwing hooks and uppercuts.

What do first round finishes have to do with punching power?

Carwin has 2 KO's.

Carwin - Wins: 3 knock outs' date=' 4 technical knock outs, 5 submissions (1 due to strikes)

Losses: [b']0[/b]

Lesnar - Wins: 2 technical knock outs, 1 Submission (due to strikes), 1 UD

Losses: 1 Submission

Yeah, i know we were talking about punching power, but i just have to give you the facts. Fact is, Carwin has a more impressive record than Lesnar, has more KO's, and has shown he has one punch knock out power. Whereas Lesnar, hasn't. And Shane is the Interim Champ. So don't give me this "oh well... he's not the champ" bullchit!

It's obvious who has more punching power. I'm not denying that Lenar doesn't have punching power. Yes, he's proved it. But in terms of who has more, it's obvious Carwin does.

God this again.....Lesnar is only slightly larger.

Carwin was at FIGHTING weight and Lesnar was at WALKING weight.

Lesnar was also wearing a full suit and SHOES

i don't think their little pea brains understand it, lol!

Are you out of your mind? They are both doing it the same way and thats the way ive always seen it done. Brocks probably done that lift more times than you've had hot meals. Explain......

hahaha! no. they're not doing it the same way. if you notice, brock is using his shoulder, upper back, and neck in this lift, when you're supposed to keep your back level, somewhat like the guy on the right, and just pull the dumbbell straight up and perpendicular to the ground. the lift is called a "bent-over-row" not "hurl the biggest dumbbell i can find up as high as i can using every muscle in my body to make me look like a monster."

trust me. i am an athletic trainer/strength and conditioning major in college right now. i probably know more about working out and strength and conditiong than brock does. so what if he's had more experience working out, etc. i know the technique, stance, breathing patterns and all that good stuff when it comes to strength training.

if you wanna try and insult me and tell me i don't know what i know, go ahead. i don't care what you think. please, grow up.

Seriously man.

You usually make intelligent' date=' valid arguments, but this is pretty poor.

12 first round stoppages by KO or TKO have A LOT to do with punching power.

And you can keep hypothesizing about how many KO's Brock MIGHT have IF he had more fights AND if he choose to stand all you want; it's still just a guess, and not even an educated one at that.

People don't get KO'd be right straights very often, but that's the only punch Lesnar throws; Carwin also throws rights straights, but much more effectively, in addition to throwing hooks and uppercuts.[/quote']Seriously... you guys are counting TKO's now?

Brock has 3, should we count those?

You mean the Lesnar - 1) who hadn't cut down to 265 the day before. 2) who was wearing his cowboy boots. 3) and who had a custom tailored suit on. You're gonna compare that to a guy standing there barefoot and only wearing shorts........

Yes' date=' Lesnar is slightly larger than Carwin. But don't let that image from them face to face after the Carwin/Mir fight skew you of the real difference.

And just because he's bigger doesn't mean he has more punching power. That's like saying i have a 10 inch cack and you only have an 8 inch, so i must be better in bed... Come on, really?[/quote']

tears of joy streamed down my face after reading this... you said it all brother... you said it all...

Archived