Wanderlei Silva Vs. Alan Belcher

Alex_L

i have nightmares of silva getting KO'd by Akiyama. lets hope he gasses him before that can happen. but yea the winner should fight belcher' date=' meaning if akiyama wins it would give belcher a chance to avenge that bad decision or akiyama to prove he won and get the shot.[/quote']

Or Wandy could just crush him. I have faith in him.

Who else would there be to beat?

Thats why I said not so sure yet, trying to think of other fighters lol. Belcher probably needs more than 1 fight to get a shot at anderson and not to mention another impressive win over a top opponent. Winner of Wanderlei and Yama should maybe get Nate the Great. Isnt Vitor still getting his shot after Chael?

I think it would be a Split Decision for Wandy, i dont think neither will get the TKO/KO unless Wandy has one of his flurries like he did against Bisping.

But belchers kicks to the body would stop those flurries, unless Wandy see's them coming like he did against Bisping and get the Takedown on Belcher's body kicks

I think this would be a great fight and i think that if Wanderlei beats Akiyama then they should fight for a title shot. I think that if Akiyama wins then he should have another fight with Belcher for title shot also.

absolutely 100% agree when Wandy beats Akiyama, him vs. Belcher #1 contender match

Wandy WILL bt Akiyama and if Akiyama fought Belcher the result would be a bad night for Akiyama. I feel very sorry for Belcher he has done brilliantly of late yet Sonnen and Belfort walk into title shots because Dana wants to see the fight

Akiyama and Belcher fought already.

Belcher lost by SD; you're welcome.

And Sonnen beat Marquardt in a contender match....how that's "walking" in to a title shot I have no idea; and Vitor is getting the shot because he's an explosive striker and will either catch Silva or be a great way for Silva to showcase his amazing counter striking, win-win for the fans either way

Belcher by knockout. I'm a Wanderlei fan but his best days are long gone and his chin is suspect. Despite Wanderlei moving down to 185 he would still be the smaller man as well.

Wandy needs to throw straight punches occasionally. His hooks are telegraphed and as MMA has evolved it's going to be his downfall. I really hope MW works out for him and he atleast can finish up his career on a few wins but no way will he win the UFC MW title. Anderson's counter striking would result in a knockout. Vitor would knock him out. Chael would take him down with ease and hold him there until the round is up and then do it again. Marquardt would knock him out.

Akiyama is a pretty good fight for Wandy though considering Akiyama is smaller then a lot of the massive welterweights in the UFC. I wish him the best.

Wandy WILL bt Akiyama and if Akiyama fought Belcher the result would be a bad night for Akiyama. I feel very sorry for Belcher he has done brilliantly of late yet Sonnen and Belfort walk into title shots because Dana wants to see the fight

Belcher seems to be improving each fight...but the first fight was really close...

I'd take Belcher over W. Silva...he seems to a more polished striker at this point in their careers and has taken some big punches before...

Archived