Retirement

fastriding

So who do you think needs to call it quits and why? You need to back up your claim.

Here's mine.

Andre Arlovski - Guy has all the potential but I don't think his head is in it anymore.

Tim Sylvia - Guy looks out of shape every fight and even in his last fight he just didn't look fluid at all. I think he's just in it for the pay day.

Rampage Jackson - Unless he proves me wrong on the next fight. Like Arlovski I just don't think his head is in it anymore. Sure he's motivated to fight Rashad (at least it appears that way) but is he actually motivated to just fight.

Roger Huerta - I think he has too many other plans other than fighting. Time to move on.

Tito Ortiz - Guy hasn't shown an ounce of improvement since he came to the UFC. Every fight after he has some kind of excuse. If he's so beat up, he needs to move on.

Retirement Purgatory

Chuck Liddell - One of my all time favorite fighters but he just doesn't seem to want to do anything other than knock his opponents head off. He needs to get in shape and fight like he did with Wandy. Mix it up. Don't do stupid things like taking Sho Gun down only to get right back up. I'm hoping he proves me wrong in this next fight. But if he doesn't show a different Chuck Liddel win or lose he needs to call it quits.

Why would you have rampage listed? He's only lost 1 fight in UFC ' date=' he sent Chuck on his downward spiral and beat wandy. I think he has alot more great fights ahead of him, specially if he keeps on the training.[/quote']

It's go nothing to do with his Win Loss record. I don't think he's dedicated anymore. He looked horrible against Forest. Then spouts all this crap about not fighting anymore and how crappy the UFC is, etc, etc. He does the coaching gig and bails on his fight so he can do A-Team. Unless the flame is re-ignited I think he no longer has fighting in his blood.

It's go nothing to do with his Win Loss record. I don't think he's dedicated anymore. He looked horrible against Forest. Then spouts all this crap about not fighting anymore and how crappy the UFC is' date=' etc, etc. He does the coaching gig and bails on his fight so he can do A-Team. Unless the flame is re-ignited I think he no longer has fighting in his blood.[/quote']

Every time a fighter decides to play a part in a movie he should retire? as the UFC gets more popular more and more fighters will be doing it, isnt Rashad in that movie at the top of the forum screen (unrivaled or something assuming it is a movie)?

Yeah he looked bad against Forrest but what happened in the fights after that?? didnt look to bad then

Every time a fighter decides to play a part in a movie he should retire? as the UFC gets more popular more and more fighters will be doing it' date=' isnt Rashad in that movie at the top of the forum screen (unrivaled or something assuming it is a movie)?

Yeah he looked bad against Forrest but what happened in the fights after that?? didnt look to bad then[/quote']

Rashad didn't bail out of a planned fight to do a movie. I just don't think his head is in it anymore.

It's go nothing to do with his Win Loss record. I don't think he's dedicated anymore. He looked horrible against Forest. Then spouts all this crap about not fighting anymore and how crappy the UFC is' date=' etc, etc. He does the coaching gig and bails on his fight so he can do A-Team. Unless the flame is re-ignited I think he no longer has fighting in his blood.[/quote']

I think once he sees how poorly The A-Team is going to do, he'll get a little more serious about the UFC, as this is pretty much his only option at this point.

So who do you think needs to call it quits and why? You need to back up your claim.

Here's mine.

Andre Arlovski - Guy has all the potential but I don't think his head is in it anymore.

Tim Sylvia - Guy looks out of shape every fight and even in his last fight he just didn't look fluid at all. I think he's just in it for the pay day.

Tito Ortiz - Guy hasn't shown an ounce of improvement since he came to the UFC. Every fight after he has some kind of excuse. If he's so beat up' date=' he needs to move on.

Retirement Purgatory

Chuck Liddell - One of my all time favorite fighters but he just doesn't seem to want to do anything other than knock his opponents head off. He needs to get in shape and fight like he did with Wandy. Mix it up. Don't do stupid things like taking Sho Gun down only to get right back up. I'm hoping he proves me wrong in this next fight. But if he doesn't show a different Chuck Liddel win or lose he needs to call it quits.[/quote']

I agree with Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski. But COMPLETELY disagree with Rampage Jackson!! Why the f*** would he be on your list?? Even if his head isnt in the game, he can still Knock people out....viciously. Rampage is one of the very best in MMA.

Tito....eh?! We'll see, if he gets dominated in his next fight, then yeah probably time to move on.

Chuck?? If he comes back and has switched up his camps, then yes he could hang for awhile. If he only trains with Hackleman then no....the secret to beating Chuck has been exposed....new camps, new partners, equals new fighter.

And anybody who thinks Randy Couture is boring or over the hill....are morons. He can still hang with the top dudes, and is widely considered by MOST educated fans still as a Top Contender, which I agree completely with. These people who complain that Randy is boring are probably the same people that boo Gsp or any other wrestler for taking it to the ground. Seriously whats boring about Couture?? He usually finishes his fights due to TKO's or complete domination getting the Unanimous Decision!! So whats to complain about??

Jens Pulver - No explanation needed

Mark Coleman - Not sure if he did after getting dropped from the UFC but he looked terrible vs Couture.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - As much as it pains me to say it but after losing to Velasquez like that i just dont see him holding the belt in the HW division anymore.... All those wars have taken their toll but he'll have to lose 3 in a row to get dropped due to his legendary MMA history, Still has a few fights ahead of him but risks becoming irrelevant and maybe a really good gatekeeper. Maybe a Couture vs Nogueira rematch, loser retires? haha

Randy Couture - I know its been said in the past but the dude is old, He says hes just as fast as he used to be but i dont believe it and neither do you. His last two fights were snoozefests and i think all this Shogun/Couture talk is just insulting to the champ... No way does Couture deserve a shot after beating a has been(Coleman) and a never was(Vera). Maybe after the fight vs Toney he could do a "passing of the guard" type fight against Jon Jones, One way or the other someones hype train will get stopped abruptly, followed by the retirement match vs Nogueira after he loses to "Bones" which he will also lose, Leaving him to retire at the grand old age of 48 to the fanfare he deserves.

Thats all i can think of for now...

Jens Pulver - No explanation needed

Mark Coleman - Not sure if he did after getting dropped from the UFC but he looked terrible vs Couture.

Nogeira - As much as it pains me to say it but after losing to Velasquez like that i just dont see him being holding the belt in the HW division anymore.... All those wars have taken their toll but he'll have to lose atleast 3 in a row to get dropped due to his legendary MMA history' date=' Still has a few fights ahead of him but risks becoming irrelevant and maybe a really good gatekeeper. Maybe a Couture vs Nogeira rematch, loser retires? haha

[b']Randy Couture -[/b] I know its been said in the past but the dude is old, He says hes just as fast as he used to be but i dont believe it and neither do you. His last two fights were snoozefests and i think all this Shogun/Couture talk is just insulting to the champ... No way does Couture deserve a shot after beating a has been(Coleman) and a never was(Vera). Maybe after the fight vs Toney he could do a "passing of the guard" type fight against Jon Jones, One way or the other someones hype train will get stopped abruptly, followed by the retirement match vs Nogeira after he loses to "Bones".

Thats all i can think of for now...

What he said.

I really don't like talking about what fighters should or should not do with their careers. They probably know more about themselves than I do but sometimes fighters are obviously delusional over title hopes. It's their lives. I give Randy a ton of credit for paving the way for the sport and making MMA what it is today but damn dude let the young guns take over you had your time.

Randy Couture - I know its been said in the past but the dude is old' date=' He says hes just as fast as he used to be but i dont believe it and neither do you. His last two fights were snoozefests and i think all this Shogun/Couture talk is just insulting to the champ...

Thats all i can think of for now...[/quote']

Ummm Shogun actually asked Dana White to fight Randy Couture...said it would be an honor to fight a legend and someone Shogun has looked up to for a very long time.....sooo its not insulting when the champ recognizes it and some dude on a forum doesnt....

And the Nogueira fight was ANYTHING but a snoozefest!!!! If you thought it was, maybe you should watch a different sport. That was one of the best fights in MMa history. I only wish it was 5 rounds instead of 3

Ummm Shogun actually asked Dana White to fight Randy Couture...said it would be an honor to fight a legend and someone Shogun has looked up to for a very long time.....sooo its not insulting when the champ recognizes it and some dude on a forum doesnt....

And the Nogueira fight was ANYTHING but a snoozefest!!!! If you thought it was' date=' maybe you should watch a different sport. That was one of the best fights in MMa history. I only wish it was 5 rounds instead of 3[/quote']

Ummm no he didnt, He said he would be open to the fight but at no point did he specifically ask for any particular opponent. Besides if you actually read my post you will see that the word "talk" was used, Loosely referring to the buzz created and the discussions had between us MMA fans about the Shogun/Couture matchup... Not the fighters themselves.

And once again, If you actually took the time to read my post without the red mist blinding your view you would have seen that i said Coutures last 2 fights were snoozefests. Hell i even stated the opponents names. Why would i suggest a rematch of a fight i found to be boring? Which the original obviously wasnt.

Archived