ufc 2010 submitting problems

Gamer_Ely

I spent two entire rounds wailing on the guys midsection, to the point where any hit to the body rocked him. Then spent the entire 3rd round kicking his leg to where he couldn't walk, then i rocked him, dropped a fist, and tried for a leg lock, couldnt get it.... I havent been able to submit anybody pretty much, anybody else having problems?

Yeah skill is a lot more important this year. I can usually do it within two rounds if I'm playing as Shogun or Machida.

My most effective method has been to body kick them til they get rocked. Then get double underhooks, slam them into side control (which will rock them) and then go for an armbar while they're rocked.

This year you've got to shine the stick as well. Button mashing doesn't work. But I'm sure you'd figured that out already.

yeah, like the first week or so I had it I could only do subs with Machida, doing what you said, slamming into side control and going for the armbar, but I cannot do any other submissions and I cant do it with any other person, not even Shogun, but yeah, I know that it's shine only, no more muscling in submissions, but idk, it's a toughy!

I found it alot harder to submit/defend on the PS3 because the analogs are so close together and get in the way while trying to spin them. Its much smoother and easier to defend on the 360' date=' aslo make sure your spinning the R3 Counter Clockwise.[/quote']

counter clockwise?

I spent two entire rounds wailing on the guys midsection' date=' to the point where any hit to the body rocked him. Then spent the entire 3rd round kicking his leg to where he couldn't walk, then i rocked him, dropped a fist, and tried for a leg lock, couldnt get it.... I havent been able to submit anybody pretty much, anybody else having problems?[/quote']

I put the demo on easy....played as Machida (2nd highest Sub offense) and fought Shogun (lowest Sub offense) Took him down so many times, rocked him ATLEAST 5 times, and i made him rocked on the ground because of elbows, and STILL couldnt Sub him, i destroyed my hand turning the darn right stick, and nothing.

I put the demo on easy....played as Machida (2nd highest Sub offense) and fought Shogun (lowest Sub offense) Took him down so many times' date=' rocked him ATLEAST 5 times, and i made him rocked on the ground because of elbows, and STILL couldnt Sub him, i destroyed my hand turning the darn right stick, and nothing.[/quote']

Mashing and speed doesn't matter, make perfect clockwise circles with the right stick and keep an even pace.

Archived