Randy Couture to climb to top of the mountain again?

RampagE_AttacK

Could Randy climb through the LHW rankings and win the title again at 47 (the age he will be at least if it is so) ? I think so he still looks awesome and has great cardio. Captain America also defires age..

well there is talk that after he fights Toney if he wins he'll get a crack at Shogun after Rampage vs. Rashad winner does

Lol ! I have nothing against the guy he's went through battle after battle and I have alot respect for him, but to think for a second he has a chance at a title again is a joke!! Even his Tower 2000 wont help him get back on top!

Big Nog dropped him and made him look slow and Nog is slow himself! then Vera out-struck him and I thought vera won the fight!! and Bones Jones tore Vera a new one in one round!! No way!! He will whoop toney but after that its not gonna look good for him sorry!!!

I just can't see it happening!

I think Shogun, rampage, rashad, machida and maybe one or two others are too much for randy now!

Randy doesn't have the power in his hands and the level of stand up to hurt any of these guys, and if he can't press them against the cage or take them down then he will be taken out easily on the feet, which is what I see happening with any one of them!

I think it's pretty clear his days are done or atleast in my opinion!

I was not impressed by him one bit in the Vera and Coleman fights!

Brandon dropped Randy with a body kick and did more than enough to win that fight, and in the coleman fight mark rocked randy standing making randy back peddal before coleman gassed!

These are not good signs for the Natural!

Brandon dropped Randy with a body kick and did more than enough to win that fight' date=' and in the coleman fight mark rocked randy standing making randy back peddal before coleman gassed!

These are not good signs for the Natural![/quote']

Randy has been past his best for years....apparantly.

Randy battered Coleman wtf are you babbling about?

Brandon dropped Randy with a body kick and did more than enough to win that fight' date=' and in the coleman fight mark rocked randy standing making randy back peddal before coleman gassed!

These are not good signs for the Natural![/quote']

What are you talking about??? Randy Destroyed Coleman....absolutely dominated. And Nog fight was fight of the year!! Are people blind??

What are you talking about??? Randy Destroyed Coleman....absolutely dominated. And Nog fight was fight of the year!! Are people blind??

Go back and watch the Coleman fight again and you will see what I'm talking about!

Yeah some people are blind when it comes to Randy:p

I don't dislike Randy but imo his time is well and truely up!

He deserves a title shot no less than Shogun did when he got his.

Depends on how you look at things on the whole!

There are many factors involved!

There was no challenger for Machida at the time and Shogun had just beaten two HOF fighters by tko, so they offered him the shot and oviously he was ready for it!

Now there are a few worthy challengers around at the moment!

Randy has fought Brandon Vera and Mark Coleman also! The Vera fight was controversial in manys eyes!

Next if he fights Tony who is nowhere in the rankings and wins should he get put a head of others for a title shot?

Depends on how you look at things on the whole!

There are many factors involved!

There was no challenger for Machida at the time and Shogun had just beaten two HOF fighters by tko' date=' so they offered him the shot and oviously he was ready for it!

Now there are a few worthy challengers around at the moment!

Randy has fought Brandon Vera and Mark Coleman also! The Vera fight was controversial in manys eyes!

Next if he fights Tony who is nowhere in the rankings and wins should he get put a head of others for a title shot?[/quote']

Why not fight Griffen? He had already beat Shogun, and Randy could have faced him over Shogun as well.

Dana has already stated that he feels Couture is a top 5 LHW...he also said he had Couture available to step in against Machida if Shogun did not recover in time for the fight...

i would not be surprised if he got a shot some time soon...

if he loses to toney which is highly doubtful then IMO he should never get a title shot again....that being said i would like to see how he matches up against bones jones, lil nog, or forrest griffin. griffin vs. couture would have some huge ratings

I agree. Randy has been in 15 title fights' date=' and is still winning. I dont think someone of his caliber needs to wait in line. Did Penn have to climb the ranks to fight GSP?? No.[/quote']

Randy has been handed more title shots than anyone!

If you go and read the Article on the History of the UFC Heavyweight belt not to mention the light heavy you will know what I'm talking about!

I do understand that there weren't a lot of named/worthy fighters around at the time of these fights but that still doesn't change the facts!

Why not fight Griffen? He had already beat Shogun' date=' and Randy could have faced him over Shogun as well.[/quote']

I may be wrong but Forest and Randy will not fight each other?

Forest had back to back losses against Rashad and Anderson so he should not have been considered!

Dana has already stated that he feels Couture is a top 5 LHW...he also said he had Couture available to step in against Machida if Shogun did not recover in time for the fight...

i would not be surprised if he got a shot some time soon...

Do you believe this in your eyes to be where he stands truthfully?

I know Randy is a huge fan favourite, and there is a large amount of fans that want to see Captain America rise again but is he really a head of other great light heavys?

I personally would put Randy at no.10 at best!

I would not be surprised either if he gets a shot some time soon but not because I think he deserves it!

Do you believe this in your eyes to be where he stands truthfully?

I know Randy is a huge fan favourite' date=' and there is a large amount of fans that want to see Captain America rise again but is he really a head of other great light heavys?

I personally would put Randy at no.10 at best!

I would not be surprised either if he gets a shot some time soon but not because I think he deserves it![/quote']

I think he could beat just about any LHW because of his superior wrestling.

Archived