JDS vs Roy Nelson: Confirmed

bravetab

http://mmafrenzy.com/14576/junior-dos-santos-vs-roy-nelson-confirmed-for-ufc-117/

I know the rumors have been around for a few days now, but here is the official release confirming the fight.

You know.... No knock on Roy, but seriously, getting a shot at a top 3 heavyweight contender after only 2 UFC fights? This is dumb man.

Not to mention I think JDS will kill him.

Thats bold considering Roy has only 2 UFC wins... one of them being against another TUF fighter.

Where does this seemingly blind confidence in Roy comes from I wonder?

I think a lot of it has to do with the fight that he had against AA. He owned him on the ground, and probably would have won if the referee wouldnt have arbitrarily stood them up.

Then again, AA is kind of a fluzie as of late, so I wouldnt put too much stock into that fight.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fight that he had against AA. He owned him on the ground' date=' and probably would have won if the referee wouldnt have arbitrarily stood them up.

Then again, AA is kind of a fluzie as of late, so I wouldnt put too much stock into that fight.[/quote']

JDS has way better stikeing, TDD, and BJJ then AA sooo

Thats bold considering Roy has only 2 UFC wins... one of them being against another TUF fighter.

Where does this seemingly blind confidence in Roy comes from I wonder?

I just have a feeling Roy will win this fight.

omg you guys are crazy lol JDS will MURDER Cheeseburger Nelson

Sig bet?

You all are underestimating Roy's chin he can take a punch as well as give it. Don't think he will go out easy and best believe he will land some heavy punches. I say Roy will give it a hella good fight gonna be closer then u all think and we will see how well Santos will take those heavy hands of roys. plus Roy has way more experience then JDS. don't count the big boy out.

Roy's BJJ > JDS's BJJ. Anyone who argues otherwise is an idiot.

Roys BJJ is good but have you seen JDS's since hes been training with the Nog bros, no because none of his fights go to the ground long enough to see it soo you cant say that

It took JDS a couple minutes to TKO Stevon Struve.

Fat boy Roy knocked Stuve out cold in under a minute.

I'm just saying.....

Your just saying huh?

Using Struve as a litmus test for either fighter is ****ing retarded.

Just saying.

http://mmafrenzy.com/14576/junior-dos-santos-vs-roy-nelson-confirmed-for-ufc-117/

I know the rumors have been around for a few days now' date=' but here is the official release confirming the fight.

You know.... No knock on Roy, but seriously, getting a shot at a top 3 heavyweight contender after only 2 UFC fights? This is dumb man.

Not to mention I think JDS will kill him.[/quote']

Joe Silva hates fat people maybe, because Roy is going to get hurt in this fight. Roy is a great fighter but JDS is a future champion easily. We should be seeing Cain vs JDS, this is retarded.

i think JDS wins, but I do not think it is a long shot for Roy to take it.....if this hits the ground, I think Roy will have no problem submitting JDS...

just cause JDS trains with the Nogs doesn't mean his BJJ is as good as Nog's...

im going for JDS all the way but i think many are underestimating roy. JDS doesnt have that great take down defence but he has really good hips and can get back up, start striking and keep it in his world... however, i think he may have trouble getting back up with that gut on him, seriously, it would be really hard for JDS to get back up if he's ever taken down. just look at the gonzaga fight, taken down with ease its just gonzaga couldnt keep him down because he doesnt have a massive gut to smother cigano with. IMO jds wins this if he keeps it standing, but im a bit worried that its not gonna be the walk over everyone thinks... the quicker jds finishes this the better.

It took JDS a couple minutes to TKO Stevon Struve.

Fat boy Roy knocked Stuve out cold in under a minute.

I'm just saying.....

acctually JDS KOd him in 54 seconds and Nelson KOd him in 39 seconds... but that doesnt mean anything that he knocked struve out 15 seconds faster then JDS lmao.

acctually JDS KOd him in 54 seconds and Nelson KOd him in 39 seconds... but that doesnt mean anything that he knocked struve out 15 seconds faster then JDS lmao.

Sure it does, you guys don't know how to do math?? lol

Roy's speed = 15 sec. > JDS speed

Archived