Silva - "It's going to be fun"

DarkReflection

Interestingly...apparently there is a blurb where Silva says of the Sonnen fight..

"It's going to be fun."

And I remembered something he said a while ago...regarding the Forrest fight...which was supposed to be a "punishment" for the Leites fight..

Here's what Silva said about the Forrest fight..

"Forrest is going to try to hit me a lot, and I'm going to try to hit him. It's going to be fun."

Hmmm...

Maybe there is a code here. *chuckle* Perhaps the last words future opponents of Silva want to hear are..

"It's going to be fun"

Maybe "It's going to be fun" can actually be translated as..."I'm going to ****ing wreck this kid."

Cheers

-DR

I haven't yet decided what I'll do if Sonnen wins...it will be a celebration of some kind though. I'm holding onto a sliver of hope for upset of the century. I do genuinely dislike Anderson, but I'm not stupid enough to think he's going to lose.

Agreed. And Silva needs to remind people why he's number 1 again apparently.

Cheers

-DR

yeah, there is no doubt he is the best fighter on the planet.. nobody does what he does

Chael may be the only fighter that i really dislike in the UFC, so I'd like to see Anderson go out and bring the pain.

yeah' date=' there is no doubt he is the best fighter on the planet.. nobody does what he does

Chael may be the only fighter that i really dislike in the UFC, so I'd like to see Anderson go out and bring the pain.[/quote']

Yeah I want Silva to turn in one of those devastating kinds of performances that make people turn down fights.

Basically I want Silva to embarrass Sonnen like he did Griffin...but I don't want him to show the mercy he showed Forrest. Sonnen's done ALOT of talking...and not just talking...he's disrespected Silva on numerous occasions. So Sonnen needs a bit more than a quick KO...he needs a Franklin style face reconstruction...perhaps a broken orbital as well.

I just about NEVER want a guy to get hurt in the cage. Even Sonnen...the reality is...I don't want him actually hurt hurt...just embarrassed and KO'd would be fine.

The only guy I can think of that I want to see hurt...I mean..something horribly broken...is Steve Cantwell.

F that guy...you don't possibly end someones career and then say "I always wanted to do that."

Cheers

-DR

I haven't yet decided what I'll do if Sonnen wins...it will be a celebration of some kind though. I'm holding onto a sliver of hope for upset of the century. I do genuinely dislike Anderson' date=' but I'm not stupid enough to think he's going to lose.[/quote']

I am...Silva is going to lose!!!!

Interestingly...apparently there is a blurb where Silva says of the Sonnen fight..

"It's going to be fun."

And I remembered something he said a while ago...regarding the Forrest fight...which was supposed to be a "punishment" for the Leites fight..

Here's what Silva said about the Forrest fight..

"Forrest is going to try to hit me a lot' date=' and I'm going to try to hit him.[b'] It's going to be fun[/b]."

Hmmm...

Maybe there is a code here. *chuckle* Perhaps the last words future opponents of Silva want to hear are..

"It's going to be fun"

Maybe "It's going to be fun" can actually be translated as..."I'm going to ****ing wreck this kid."

Cheers

-DR

there could be something to this.... a persons attitude when approaching a certain situation could be a look in to his state of mind.

ok, back to mma.......sonnen will rue the day he called out silva and thought he could stand with him.

i hope your right about your observation.

silva can destroy almost anybody he faces inside the octagon and is favored against the rest. (as few as the rest are)

sorry a bit hyped for this fight.... i could get carried away at times.

carry on......

yeah' date=' there is no doubt he is the best fighter on the planet.. nobody does what he does

Chael may be the only fighter that i really dislike in the UFC, so I'd like to see Anderson go out and bring the pain.[/quote']

nobody does what he does. Your right nobody runs around like a tool when they could just finish it. He is a loser the most over rated fighter going round

nobody does what he does. Your right nobody runs around like a tool when they could just finish it. He is a loser the most over rated fighter going round

Name another fighter that can do this and survive in MMA? No one, that's why he's the best. He doesn't even have to try and he can still whoop ****.

Lol Silva is a sadistic bastard.

It's going to be fun seeing him dance around Chael

I'm actually hoping he doesn't knock him out. Just makes his face swell up worse than after BJ was done with Diego. Would be interesting to see him try his politics with a swelled face.

Lol Silva is a sadistic bastard.

It's going to be fun seeing him dance around Chael

I'm actually hoping he doesn't knock him out. Just makes his face swell up worse than after BJ was done with Diego. Would be interesting to see him try his politics with a swelled face.

Or with a nice gash on his forehead. I hope he prolongs the punishment this time. A KO in the late 3rd or early 4th sounds good to me. I second the Rich Franklin Facial Reconstruction comment. F Chael.

Name another fighter that can do this and survive in MMA? No one' date=' that's why he's the best. He doesn't even have to try and he can still whoop ****.[/quote']

He can only do it against cans like Maia and Leites. Try and do that against shogun or rampage. He hasnt fought anyone great in the ufc hendo is past it got drilled by shields and franklin was never that good to begin with

He can only do it against cans like Maia and Leites. Try and do that against shogun or rampage. He hasnt fought anyone great in the ufc hendo is past it got drilled by shields and franklin was never that good to begin with

Err... Maia is a can?

this is going to be nothing more than just another silva vs leites/cote/maia in the works. hopefully it will be one of the prelims for that night, as i am more interested in watching the completely 'stacked' UFC 115 card rather than to see some more of this crap.

but if all else fails, silva might get sick of himself and decide to actually try to knock the guy out this time. who knows?

the way i see it, it's going to be the same as the griffin/silva fight, only this time some people not only want the other guy to win, but actually believe for some reason that he actually will win. i'm telling you people, its a waste of a good fight.

they need to stop feeding anderson one dimensional fighters. no wonder he gets so bored of his competition. give him a well rounded guy like vitor that would make him actually have to fight.

Thats why they are former champions because being good at 1 thing is not good enough.

Actually, I happen to think that you think anyone without stand-up is one dimensional.

Unless you can prove otherwise of course.

Matt Hughes was one-dimensional. Randy Couture was one dimensional. Chuck Liddell was one dimensional. Tito Ortiz, Andrei Arlovski, Frank Shamrock, Mark Coleman, Bas Rutten.

All one dimensional.

Being great at one thing is usually enough. There's no shame in losing to the best fighter on the planet.

Actually' date=' I happen to think that you think anyone without stand-up is one dimensional.

Unless you can prove otherwise of course.

Matt Hughes was one-dimensional. Randy Couture was one dimensional. Chuck Liddell was one dimensional. Tito Ortiz, Andrei Arlovski, Frank Shamrock, Mark Coleman, Bas Rutten.

All one dimensional.

Being great at one thing is usually enough. There's no shame in losing to the best fighter on the planet.[/quote']

Couture, Arlovski, Shamrock, Rutten one dimensional thats ridiculous. Go educate yourself on those fighters buddy you are wrong

Couture' date=' Arlovski, Shamrock, Rutten one dimensional thats ridiculous. Go educate yourself on those fighters buddy you are wrong[/quote']

I think you should actually.

Couture uses his clinch and grapple every match. Arlovski uses boxing. Shamrock is just a street brawler with submission ability.

Rutten is only one dimensional for being so gangster.

That said, your bias is ridiculous.

You also veered way off course of the initial post which started this conversation with your comment. Nice on you for trying to insult me to avoid answering my post.

Maia is in no way a "can". He's a submission grappler with decent takedown ability and limited stand-up. One-dimensional? Hell, I wouldn't mind being in that dimension.

Couture uses his clinch and grapple every match. Arlovski uses boxing. Shamrock is just a street brawler with submission ability.

That said' date=' your bias is ridiculous.

You also veered way off course of the initial post which started this conversation with your comment. Nice on you for trying to insult me to avoid answering my post.

Maia is in no way a "can". He's a submission grappler with decent takedown ability and limited stand-up. One-dimensional? Hell, I wouldn't mind being in that dimension.[/quote']

I'll give you the couture comment, and maybe the arlovski comment but to say Bas Rutten is one dimensional is complete idiocy, this guy breaks spleens and livers for christs sake. And Shamrock was always a good fighter until he aged.

I'll give you the couture comment' date=' and maybe the arlovski comment but to say Bas Rutten is one dimensional is complete idiocy, this guy breaks spleens and livers for christs sake. And Shamrock was always a good fighter until he aged.[/quote']

Mmm I know I know. Pancrase isn't exactly known for "grace".

As I said, he's too cool. He has his own dimension :D

That said' date=' your bias is ridiculous.

Maia is in no way a "can". He's a submission grappler with decent takedown ability and limited stand-up. One-dimensional? Hell, I wouldn't mind being in that dimension.[/quote']

How is someone with 12 ko's and 13 submissions one dimensional. If Maia cant get it down he cant win thats as one dimensional as it gets. If your going to name people do your homework

How is someone with 12 ko's and 13 submissions one dimensional. If Maia cant get it down he cant win thats as one dimensional as it gets. If your going to name people do your homework

Great' date=' so you singled out ANOTHER individual part of my post.

That's fu[i']c[/i]king wonderful. Now read what it says after Rutten genius.

(Btw how you're posting, I'm guessing you're using Wiki. Not a good plan)

Now again, I'm going to get back on topic.

The same can be said for a number of fighters, though not in the same context.

Brock Lesnar can only win if he can take you down. Hector Lombard can only win if you guys are standing. Hell, Kimbo can only win when you're standing.

So what if he can submit you and you can't do anything about it? He's in no way a can.

I've done 4 or 5 bas rutten seminars' date=' trust me if that guy is one dimensional every fighter in the world is. Bas Rutten is one hardcore mother****er who is actually a really cool guy on top of it, its hard to find someone that talented who has some humility.[/quote']

So.. do YOU think he lost to Randleman? :D

Great' date=' so you singled out ANOTHER individual part of my post.

That's fu[i']c[/i]king wonderful. Now read what it says after Rutten genius.

(Btw how you're posting, I'm guessing you're using Wiki. Not a good plan)

Now again, I'm going to get back on topic.

The same can be said for a number of fighters, though not in the same context.

Brock Lesnar can only win if he can take you down. Hector Lombard can only win if you guys are standing. Hell, Kimbo can only win when you're standing.

So what if he can submit you and you can't do anything about it? He's in no way a can.

You singled out one part of my post to start with. Lets do a poll see who thinks Maia is one dimensional. I think he is a can he will never be champ and should never have fought silva to start with. Dana should have known that was a crap main event to take to a new country

You singled out one part of my post to start with. Lets do a poll see who thinks Maia is one dimensional. I think he is a can he will never be champ and should never have fought silva to start with. Dana should have known that was a crap main event to take to a new country

You had 2 fighters in your first post. Leites and Maia.

Leites no longer fights in the UFC (fighting now for MFC I believe) and has fallen into obscurity... thus no longer relevant.

You're ridiculous to say that. He was the most qualified at the time to take the fight, and Silva needed one. Is Maia one dimensional? Sure, in the sense that his Jiu-Jitsu is on a world-class level. Do you know why he won't win a title? Because Silva exists.

Let's do some MMA math shall we?

The three contenders at the moment (or at the time) were Nate, Chael, and Demian.

Now if Chael somehow wins the title when Silva moves up, Demian triangled the hell out of him.

If Demian wins it, Nate had knocked him out in 20 or so seconds.

And if Nate wins, Chael has already grinded him.

Hmmmm.

Archived