Jet Li (Fake or not)

MrDevil

Real deal making more money letting people video tape his moves than having to use them on people and hope they work to get him paid.

He shames jackie chan, even though jackie would be the household favorite. Jet li is a monster!

Unleashed!

The one!

Ect...

Jet li=f*cking monster at martial arts

Seems your video is blocked for some reason.

Jet-li studied wushu since he was a child as far as Im aware.

He's a legit martial artist but Im confident I'd crush him in a mma fight, street fight not so sure.

Out of Tony Jaa and Jet I'd rather fight Jet. Jaa is far more badass than Jet is.

He's a legit martial artist but Im confident I'd crush him in a mma fight' date=' street fight not so sure.

Out of Tony Jaa and Jet I'd rather fight Jet. Jaa is far more badass than Jet is.[/quote']

vid opens for me just fine.

He's a legit martial artist but Im confident I'd crush him in a mma fight' date=' street fight not so sure.

Out of Tony Jaa and Jet I'd rather fight Jet. Jaa is far more badass than Jet is.[/quote']

+tell a reason why he would get crushed?

He's a legit martial artist but Im confident I'd crush him in a mma fight' date='[b'] street fight [/b]not so sure.

Out of Tony Jaa and Jet I'd rather fight Jet. Jaa is far more badass than Jet is.

Doubt you would win in a street fight, have you seen his vweapon vids? Don't know your skills or competencies, but highly doubt you would win. Just my opinion.

vid opens for me just fine.

"This video contains content from NBC Universal' date=' who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

I get this message for the vid. Not sure why. I've probably seen it before though. Is it a vid of him doing wushu very young?

Anyway as for why Im confident I could crush him in a MMA match well I've been doing boxing and muaythai since I was young so I think I could play around just enough to bait him into thinking I would strike with him. Im no master and he's certainly faster than me so I wouldn't play around there much even though Im a LHW and I can take alot of punishment Im not stupid so I would close the distance and if I did I know I could take him down and if I take him down I've been doing BJJ for ten years and MMA for 6 so Im confident I would ground n pound him and submit him easily on the ground.

Lotta if's yes but Im confident I could bait him into giving up the takedown and if I can he's toast on the ground.

Doubt you would win in a street fight, have you seen his vweapon vids? Don't know your skills or competencies, but highly doubt you would win. Just my opinion.

I said not so sure. Im actually pretty sure he'd take me on the streets especially so with weapons.

LOL' date='

No its not if im worth arguing about, its that you chat crap

What you say is utter rubbish and you know it[/quote']

lol watever man. ya jet li good enough for ufc dream on man. you honestly think he could hang with any top 10 ufc lightweight in the cage and i chat crap.

lol watever man. ya jet li good enough for ufc dream on man. you honestly think he could hang with any top 10 ufc lightweight in the cage and i chat crap.

Ok,

First off top 10 lightweight, they train everyday, its there job to be in shape and ready in case a matchup comes avaliable to them.

Jet Li on the other hand is an actor, he probs does train everyday but no way as much as the professional fighters because his job is to do movies.

He has been training since he was 4 or 5 years old in Martial Arts, he can defo hang with the UFC fighters no problem even though he is 47

Ok' date='

First off top 10 lightweight, they train everyday, its there job to be in shape and ready in case a matchup comes avaliable to them.

Jet Li on the other hand is an actor, he probs does train everyday but no way as much as the professional fighters because his job is to do movies.

He has been training since he was 4 or 5 years old in Martial Arts, he can defo hang with the UFC fighters no problem even though he is 47[/quote']

ya he has been training for the movies. since when is clinch control tdd sub defence trained for in any film hes been in. whens the last time hes been in a competitive fight.

first hit hes down. first take down hes finished. and first sub attempt.... you see where this is going. im not dissing the man hes a good fighter in movies but ufc....your dreaming man

ya he has been training for the movies. since when is clinch control tdd sub defence trained for in any film hes been in. whens the last time hes been in a competitive fight.

first hit hes down. first take down hes finished. and first sub attempt.... you see where this is going. im not dissing the man hes a good fighter in movies but ufc....your dreaming man

So what your trying to say is all his martial arts training has solely been just for the movies.

I highly doubt that.

LOL, Clinch control, etc is just not in MMA, its in pretty much most martial arts. Along with takedowns and sub attempts.

You seem to think that doing MMA makes you invincible to anything that is not MMA.

Im gonna generalise MMA as a style right now to make a point. A style or number of styles does not defeat your opponent, it is you, that defeats an apponent.

He probaly could hang with the UFC guys, but he would probaly only have technique over them. He trains in Bagua and Kung Fu (Sports version at Kung Fu competitions). Also the good thing about Kung Fu is you can train into it into your 70's, I know this info because my Kung Fu teacher has learn't under Master Deng's Hap Gar style directly in China, and he picks up alot on famous fighters. The thing with Jet Li is that as i said before he only has technique, he's getting old now and would 'probaly' not be able to try and out muscle his opponents, but even at his age now, definately stands a chance and technically out striking them.

He's excellent at Wushu' date=' so it's hard to doubt him.

That said, Wushu is not exactly... practical.[/quote']

Not being ****y or anything, but Wushu is considered to be all Martial Arts. Shaolin is Mainly Kung Fu. But still, your right he is an excellent Shaolin/Wushu practisioner. I'm not going to judge you by what you call it, just make a point. :)

He's excellent at Wushu' date=' so it's hard to doubt him.

That said, Wushu is not exactly... practical.[/quote']

You don't know much about Wushu do you. There are some very practical things about it and Im sure if he were in a real fight he'd keep the "movie" or "demo" nonsense to a minimum. e.g. lighting fast straight punches down your center line and kicks below the waist.

Did you know that Wushu includes takedowns and jointlocks. It's doesn't include much closequarters grappling from clinch positions though and there is no groundwork at all.

well i reckon he'd maul one of the ufc guys....he beat tito black an blue last night on tv....cradle 2 the grave i think it was lol was on tv last night

he's in a cage with tito an kicks the utter ****e out him...

His martial arts are for real. This movie isnt an indication of that though. It is what it is. Just a movie. But I heard that he did do full contact fighting in China. He knows his stuff. But once again: this youtube footage is just a movie.

jet li would kill anyone in ufc. i coudn't stop laughing when i read he doesn't train like ufc guys and he's only a movie star. he trains for eight hours a day compared to lousy 1 or 2 even 3 hours like ufc guys. gsp and quinton jackson are actors too. i believe there is a difference between expert and master.

Seriously guys this old cr*p comes up every now and again!

Look MMA is a SPORT, the UFC athletes are ATHLETES not FIGHTERS. Most of them would still get the their **** handed to them in a bar fight in any rough part of town.

Within a set of rules they are the top guys - no doubt. In a MMA match i'm sure i'd get beat easily - but in the street or a bar, etc., with no rules, weight classess, protective gear or refs - i would'nt give any of them much chance, never mind someone of the caliber of Jet Li.

I've seen it happen loads, big young dumb MMA guys getting a beating from a traveler kid half their size.

Years ago it was different, you had martial artists testing themselves in the UFC, but with all the rules and progression over time - it became a well defined sport and now people train specifically to compete within the sport (MMA training) just like football or basketball.

I'm no MMA hater, in fact i really like it, but what gets my goat - is the MMA guys who still see themselves as invincible fighters. Try putting on an armbar and waiting for the ref to stop it while rolling on the floor of a bar and one od the guys friends is kicking your head while the other one glassess you! Yeah go groundgame!

The fact that question even came up is indicative of the overblown egos and misconceptions held by younger MMA athletes.

Cheers.

Seriously guys this old cr*p comes up every now and again!

Look MMA is a SPORT' date=' the UFC athletes are ATHLETES not FIGHTERS. Most of them would still get the their **** handed to them in a bar fight in any rough part of town.

Within a set of rules they are the top guys - no doubt. In a MMA match i'm sure i'd get beat easily - but in the street or a bar, etc., with no rules, weight classess, protective gear or refs - i would'nt give any of them much chance, never mind someone of the caliber of Jet Li.

I've seen it happen loads, big young dumb MMA guys getting a beating from a traveler kid half their size.

Years ago it was different, you had martial artists testing themselves in the UFC, but with all the rules and progression over time - it became a well defined sport and now people train specifically to compete within the sport (MMA training) just like football or basketball.

I'm no MMA hater, in fact i really like it, but what gets my goat - is the MMA guys who still see themselves as invincible fighters. Try putting on an armbar and waiting for the ref to stop it while rolling on the floor of a bar and one od the guys friends is kicking your head while the other one glassess you! Yeah go groundgame!

The fact that question even came up is indicative of the overblown egos and misconceptions held by younger MMA athletes.

Cheers.[/quote']

so anderson silva wants to fight you in a bar you think youd win???

He as a legit martial artist' date=' but that dosn't mean he would be able to hang with guys at the top level of mma.

Why would he want to amyway he makes alot more money fighting in movies than he would in mma[/quote']

so now we have guys to talk about Jet Lis Takedown thing,sub defense etc.

questions again...how do u gonna take down the guy who is 10X faster than Bj Penn never be or Edgar who does flip kick 1 and half sec?or how do u get guy in da submission hold who has trained Martial arts what is compined together like wrestling,subs etc. whole life?come on guys...lol...damm..i even can see Edgar try to take Jet li down and its over in same time and i even could make bet 100000? on THAT NEVER EVER would hapen.

And talking about Tony jaa..i agree he has mega good kick compos and probaly fastest ones in da world...but thats all about it..he has absoly no all round abilitys only kicks so thats why i disagree he would do better in MMA than Jet Li..he would get owned right away but not Li.

but hey thats my opinion and i stay with it.everyone can think what they want.

so now we have guys to talk about Jet Lis Takedown thing' date='sub defense etc.

questions again...how do u gonna take down the guy who is 10X faster than Bj Penn never be or Edgar who does flip kick 1 and half sec?or how do u get guy in da submission hold who has trained Martial arts what is compined together like wrestling,subs etc. whole life?come on guys...lol...damm..i even can see Edgar try to take Jet li down and its over in same time and i even could make bet 100000? on THAT NEVER EVER would hapen.

And talking about Tony jaa..i agree he has mega good kick compos and probaly fastest ones in da world...but thats all about it..he has absoly no all round abilitys only kicks so thats why i disagree he would do better in MMA than Jet Li..he would get owned right away but not Li.

but hey thats my opinion and i stay with it.everyone can think what they want.[/quote']

He's not as fast as you claim. Maybe back in the day but not now. He's trained how to get out of standing jointlocks Im sure but don't pretend he knows what he's doing on the ground. Im sure he has better takedown defense than most here think and Im sure he can handle himselft fine in a clinch against the average fighter but if it hits the ground he has almost zero chance there what so ever against someone who has even a little skill there.

Now on the street it's a different story as you can bite, eyegouge, c-grip someones throat etc. at the same time there's nothing stopping a pro mma fighter from using such techniques too.

I disagree with the Bigchops above thinking that a MMA fighter can't handle himself on the street. If they come in with the mentality it's a sport I agree but there is not a damn thing stopping them from realizing it's a life of death situation and maybe grappling at the bar is not such a good idea.

Now I understand where he's coming from with that but as long as they realize it's a street fight and not sport they'd be ok.

I'd put money on Aldo over Jet street or cage no questions asked. If weapons were involved Jet.

He's not as fast as you claim. Maybe back in the day but not now. He's trained how to get out of standing jointlocks Im sure but don't pretend he knows what he's doing on the ground. Im sure he has better takedown defense than most here think and Im sure he can handle himselft fine in a clinch against the average fighter but if it hits the ground he has almost zero chance there what so ever against someone who has even a little skill there.

Now on the street it's a different story as you can bite' date=' eyegouge, c-grip someones throat etc. at the same time there's nothing stopping a pro mma fighter from using such techniques too.

I disagree with the Bigchops above thinking that a MMA fighter can't handle himself on the street. If they come in with the mentality it's a sport I agree but there is not a damn thing stopping them from realizing it's a life of death situation and maybe grappling at the bar is not such a good idea.

Now I understand where he's coming from with that but as long as they realize it's a street fight and not sport they'd be ok.

I'd put money on Aldo over Jet street or cage no questions asked. If weapons were involved Jet.[/quote']

still..why ya think he gets grounded?

still..why ya think he gets grounded?

Do you even train at all? Trust me it's not that hard to take someone down especially if they commit to striking it's easy to close the distance and not get hit with anything damaging while doing so. I wouldn't try any single or double leg shots from a distance he's too fast perhaps for that and it's dangerous if you don't set it up properly. Clinching wouldn't be a problem though. Im positive he would not be able to stop someone with good takedowns from a clinch. Unless you train it on a daily basis against people who are good at it you won't be good at defending them.

Some of you need to try doing some factual research and read biographies before you spew nonsensical crap from your backsides. Jet Li has been training martial arts for most of his life. He was a pre-teen whipping grown men in competitions in China. Yes fact. Yes, he is for real. Would he make it in the UFC? Doubt it. Would he take a vast majority of MMA fighters down in a street fight? Probably. Why? Because there are no rules in street fights, and the places he'd target and the things he would do to an MMA fighter aren't allowed in sanctioned fights. My wife has studied Shaolin and 5 Animal Kung Fu for over 19 years and I promise you, the MMA fighters that take the MMA training in her class have the utmost respect for her and her abilities. She tosses people around with ease.

Do you even train at all? Trust me it's not that hard to take someone down especially if they commit to striking it's easy to close the distance and not get hit with anything damaging while doing so. I wouldn't try any single or double leg shots from a distance he's too fast perhaps for that and it's dangerous if you don't set it up properly. Clinching wouldn't be a problem though. Im positive he would not be able to stop someone with good takedowns from a clinch. Unless you train it on a daily basis against people who are good at it you won't be good at defending them.

yeah i have trained arts since child..but u dont get my point..how do u take guy down who is fast as hell?

Yeah it's so simple to take someone down who's commited to striking.....Just ask Damian Maia when he was fighting Anderson...He had what?..10-15 takedowns in that fight?:rolleyes:

Archived