Sign in to follow this  
Leonie

115- on the big screen, and your pics with the fighters

I know most of you either love or hate the fight card for 115, but it sold out in minutes and we wanted to offer it in theaters for fans who like the idea of watching with a crowd.

Go here for info, and if you have questions about specific theaters- ask them! :

http://www.ufc115onthebigscreen.com/

And, if you come across the cardboard fighters in your theater, take a pic and it could be featured here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6228762&id=46299886275#!/album.php?aid=226148&id=46299886275

Send your pics of you with the sign, or of you and the actual fighters who will be on the 115 card to: fanpic@ufc.com

Not sure what they mean in the link where they say "select undercard fights will be shown." Do the theaters show more undercard fights than the normal PPV or is it exactly the same? Any input from someone in the know, or folks that saw the last one would be appreciated.

anybody know if 115 is going to be free?...i feel like the only reason it sold out is because it is in Canada and that reason only. As a matter of fact any relatively new market outside the U.S. probably would have seen it sold out, but this card really doesn't have a lot of drawing power to the more astute MMA fan..Kampmann and Thiago is the best fight on there in my opinion.

anybody know if 115 is going to be free?...i feel like the only reason it sold out is because it is in Canada and that reason only. As a matter of fact any relatively new market outside the U.S. probably would have seen it sold out' date=' but this card really doesn't have a lot of drawing power to the more astute MMA fan..Kampmann and Thiago is the best fight on there in my opinion.[/quote']

UFC 115 is a good card - you aint getting it for free

definetly going to watch it on the big @$$ movie screen adn most looking forward to paulo thiago vs kampmann cause once he beats kampmann he has to get a title shot i mean come on how many ww does this guy havr to beat

Agreed!

My friends who normally buy the events were busy moving and since tomorrow's my B-Day I thought about shelling out $45 to watch it at home at my own pace with the DVR. Even with Birthday money in pocket I couldn't justify that much money for one viewing.

I looked up the info for the theater 4 miles away and it was ONLY $15 which was great because the last one there was $20 and oddly enough when first offered it was $25 so I guess nobody would pay $25 so they dropped the price. I didn't go see it for $20 so I have no idea how many showed.

This time I was all over UFC 115 for only $15 in HD and I was hoping it wouldn't be too packed out. It started out being VERY empty at 7pm and even 20 minutes later when the last people came in I only counted around 40-45 people there so I had PLENTY of elbow space. It was very mellow also as most people are used to being quiet in a cinema even though they encouraged people to get rowdy.

My theory as to why not a lot of people go to UFC events in a cinema is this:

1. If somebody wants to watch it with a group of friends they probably prefer to have 1 guy order it & everybody chips in. You only need 4 buddies to bring the cost down to $10 each, then with a DVR you can rewind or pause it.

2. If a group of friends want to go out to watch the fight, a sports bar generally charges $0-10 and the environment is more relaxed + the food's better & cheaper than a cinema.

3. People have a hard time "letting loose" inside a cinema as opposed to a sports bar.

On the other hand, if your ALONE and you want to watch the fight (like I was tonight) the cinema is preferred because going to a sports bar solo is kind of awkward especially when a ton of people are trying to get in and your taking up a table all by yourself.

I enjoyed the experience although the sound could've been a little louder. I'm glad I went because I wanted to try it before they pull the plug on it. I don't think it will be profitable long term as it's too hard to compete against all the other viewing avenues.

Also, it would've been VERY easy for me to buy a cheaper ticket to a movie and just walk right into the UFC event! I was suprised they didn't have a ticket taker outside the auditorium for this premium priced event, especially on a Saturday when they have tons of employees.

Some people were poking their heads in just to see the main event. That's another option for people, pay for a 9:30-10:00pm movie & walk in early just to see the UFC main event for free.

Of course, since I want to support the UFC for a fair price (not $45 but $15) I would probably never sneak in but I was suprised how easy it would be to exploit this.

Noah