will Rashad stand with Rampage? And hows Quintons TD Defense?

wingzero8717

Simple do you guys think that Rashad will risk standing with Rampage where I believe that Jackson has a big edge in KO power and all around boxing skills. And with Rampage's Wrestling can Jackson keep this fight standing? Because we havent seen anyone really try to take rampage down except Henderson in there fight.

rampage has good jui jitsu.. and take down defense, thats why guys dont have been stuck with standing with him.. however it looked to me rampage didnt have an answer for leg kicks since that griffin fight. hopefully hes worked that into his game and learned to check or catch.. rashad will stand though i dont see him talking all the crap either of them has, and then they take it down. it will be a brawl

rashad may implement a gameplan similar to the one he used against thiago, of course it wont work as well or at all. i see rashad coming out and trying to see where page's cardio is at after the long break he has had. rampage was a clear favorite for me before he took the time off to make the a-team, now im not so sure.

rampage has good jui jitsu.. and take down defense' date=' thats why guys dont have been stuck with standing with him.. however it looked to me rampage didnt have an answer for leg kicks since that griffin fight. hopefully hes worked that into his game and learned to check or catch.. [b']rashad will stand though i dont see him talking all the crap either of them has, and then they take it down. it will be a brawl[/b]

These 2 have been doing some serious talking to one another, I dont see either of them acting like Kos and taking this fight to the ground.....

It is going to be a brawl and I beat it wont go past the 2nd...I will really be surprise if it does

Will rashad want to stand? NO

Can rashad take rampage down? NO

Exactly.

This isn't about what Rashad wants to do, its what Rampage wants to do. He is the better wrestler and will shrug off Evans TD attempts and force him to stand with him so that he can take advantage of the chin that Rashad lacks

Simple do you guys think that Rashad will risk standing with Rampage where I believe that Jackson has a big edge in KO power and all around boxing skills. And with Rampage's Wrestling can Jackson keep this fight standing? Because we havent seen anyone really try to take rampage down except Henderson in there fight.

your noob is showing

Exactly.

This isn't about what Rashad wants to do' date=' its what Rampage wants to do. He is the better wrestler and will shrug off Evans TD attempts and force him to stand with him so that he can take advantage of the chin that Rashad lacks[/quote']

yeah......ok. :rolleyes:

I will guarentee rashad takes this fight to the ground and wins - similar to his last fight. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't see it.

rampage has good jui jitsu.. and take down defense' date=' thats why guys dont have been stuck with standing with him.. however it looked to me rampage didnt have an answer for leg kicks since that griffin fight. hopefully hes worked that into his game and learned to check or catch.. rashad will stand though i dont see him talking all the crap either of them has, and then they take it down. it will be a brawl[/quote']

Rampage has good Jui Jitsu? and are you implying Rashad will utilize leg kicks? you say Rashad is going to stand and bang? reading this made me 10% dumber

Rampage out-wrestling Hendo = Fail for Rashad

I love this response from people that dont know what they are talking about. hendo was an olympic alternate so he must be an amazing wrestler.....while this is true it is also decieving. Hendo was a greco roman standout. Not saying he wasnt a good collegiate wrestler...but where he was good was Greco. That translates to the clinch and to throws...you cannot touch the legs in greco. Rashad however was a standout collegiate wrestler...his strength in takes downs is completely different of that of Hendo. Therefore all this "Rampage out wrestled Hendo" Talk is garbage. Completely irrevant.

I have wrestled some outstanding guys....and I will tell you this...I was practice partners with Rashad for a year in college....his shots are lighting quick and come from a variety of angles. I also fancied myself as a bit of a "takedown artist" in high school....but when I matched up in practice with Rashad he made me feel silly. He is very good at taking the fight to the ground and if thats what he wants to do with Page....he will.

But I dont think that will be his plan. He will fight this much like he did vs Chuck. Chuck was a good striker with very good TD defense. Chuck and everyone else thought Rashad was gonna try to take him down. I see Rashad going in and using speed and movement to pepper Page with shots...in and out real quick....get page mad and frustrated so that he trys to take Rashads head off...then BOOM....counter punch...either goodnight....or dazed enough to takedown and GNP TKO.....

Just saying...thats what I see happening....this game is so unpredictable though...who really knows.

No way Rashad stands with Rampage,

and like you said not many people can take Rampage down.....

night Rashad.

i believe itll go both ways for rashad takedowns and TRY to stand with rampage.. rashad will obv stand with rampage but as soon as he starts gettin hit bad or feels the power he'll immediately go for a take down

Agreed once Rashad gets hit IF he stays conscious, I think Rashad will look for a takedown.

These 2 have been doing some serious talking to one another' date=' I dont see either of them acting like Kos and taking this fight to the ground.....

It is going to be a brawl and I beat it wont go past the 2nd...I will really be surprise if it does[/quote']

Its MMA man, if you wanna see street fight go and check Kimbo videos.Kos use his wrestling and dominated Daley end of story

Rampage out-wrestling Hendo = Fail for Rashad

You know, I really do love Dan Henderson. Guy is a class act, amazing person and has an insane chin. His overhand right is a cannon.

JAKE SHIELDS, JAKE SHIELDS, AND JAKE SHIELDS.

Olympic Greco Roman Wrestler out wrestled by a natural WW.

I have wrestled some outstanding guys....and I will tell you this...I was practice partners with Rashad for a year in college....his shots are lighting quick and come from a variety of angles. I also fancied myself as a bit of a "takedown artist" in high school....but when I matched up in practice with Rashad he made me feel silly. He is very good at taking the fight to the ground and if thats what he wants to do with Page....he will.

I love how you keep posting in other threads that you wrestled with rashad in college, no one cares. Just because he was able to take you down (a nobody) with ease, doesn't mean hes going to be able to take rampage down that ease. Rashads wrestling record at Michigan State was 48-34 thats not that good. Hendo is twice the wrestler rashad will ever be greco roman or not hendo is better.

Its MMA man' date=' if you wanna see street fight go and check Kimbo videos.Kos use his wrestling and dominated Daley end of story[/quote']

uh I know its mma, the point I was making that there is no point in all the damn trash talk about "im gunna stand and knock this guy out" if you aint gunna do it......shut up and fight, point is simple.

You know' date=' I really do love Dan Henderson. Guy is a class act, amazing person and has an insane chin. His overhand right is a cannon.

JAKE SHIELDS, JAKE SHIELDS, AND JAKE SHIELDS.

Olympic Greco Roman Wrestler out wrestled by a natural WW.[/quote']

yeah... and dan henderson was old when he fought Jake... You can literally hear his bones creak when he moves.

I honestly think rashads stand up is as good as rampages. Rashad has amazing head movement and hes some good hands. the only thing i question about his standup is his KO power. we all know that rampage has major KO power. but do i think rashad will stand with rampage? ehh he might for the first round or so but then he will try to take rampage down. we cant forget that rampage has some amazing take down defense. this will be a good fight. if it goes to the judges i see rashad winning this fight if it doesnt go to the judges rampage will knock rashad out

yeah... and dan henderson was old when he fought Jake... You can literally hear his bones creak when he moves.

And Henderson fighting Page in 2007 was the same Henderson of his Olympic wrestling days?

Henderson was an Olympic wrestler when he was 26.. He fought Rampage 11 years later.

he will stand just enough to setup a takedown...

Remember rampage is no slouch of a wrestler either. And i definitely think that Rampage holds a strength and size advantage over Rashad Evans.

Watch these Vids and you will see

Rampage High School Slam- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdEP7oA1a3Q

Best Slam KO in MMA- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwKpzKZOpe4

I love this response from people that dont know what they are talking about. hendo was an olympic alternate so he must be an amazing wrestler.....while this is true it is also decieving. Hendo was a greco roman standout. Not saying he wasnt a good collegiate wrestler...but where he was good was Greco. That translates to the clinch and to throws...you cannot touch the legs in greco. Rashad however was a standout collegiate wrestler...his strength in takes downs is completely different of that of Hendo. Therefore all this "Rampage out wrestled Hendo" Talk is garbage. Completely irrevant.

But I dont think that will be his plan. He will fight this much like he did vs Chuck. Chuck was a good striker with very good TD defense. Chuck and everyone else thought Rashad was gonna try to take him down. I see Rashad going in and using speed and movement to pepper Page with shots...in and out real quick....get page mad and frustrated so that he trys to take Rashads head off...then BOOM....counter punch...either goodnight....or dazed enough to takedown and GNP TKO.....

Just saying...thats what I see happening....this game is so unpredictable though...who really knows.

I believe Randleman was quite a collegiate wrestler and that didn't save him from Rampage although i'm not familiar with that fight (about to google it).

As I said in another current thread about these two check out the article on the main ufc page under the videos thought the author had some good insight. Why I think it would be very dangerous for Rashad to stand with Evans I think if he's very cautious he may be able to use his speed advantage to create some issues. That being said i'm not sure he will be able to KO Rampage so it could only be a diversion for something else or if Rashad has the fight go his way possibly stun Rampage then shoot on him for a TKO gnp finish (key here is Rampage being stunned I don't see any dominant top position by Evans on an un-stunned page).

All that being said I still see rampage taking this due to his ability to stuff take downs and his ability to end any fighters night with one well placed shot from either hand.

uh I know its mma' date=' the point I was making that there is no point in all the damn trash talk about "im gunna stand and knock this guy out" if you aint gunna do it......shut up and fight, point is simple.[/quote']

Yup i agree on this one

on TUF Rashad said he would beat Rampage at his own game so maybe he will stand with him' date=' I think he wont though because he knows he has a glass jaw, hes probably going to try and wrestle the whole fight[/quote']

Exactly, if Rashad tries to do what koscheck done hes gonna be called a *****

you can guarentee whatever each fighter says he is going to do he will do opposite.

both fighters are not going to tell each other there fight plan obv that would be stupid.

so if rashad says hes going to bang hes going to the floor.......................

not rocket science

good post. about time somebody comes around who understands wrestling.....

Archived