YouCut

V_Neck

This week Congressman Eric Cantor (R-VA) introduced YouCut, a new GOP initiative marketed as a "first-of-its-kind project...designed to defeat the permissive culture of runaway spending in Congress."

Here's how it's supposed to work: Each week the GOP asks the public to go online and vote on five different spending cut proposals. The top-ranked idea is then taken to the House floor, where it receives a full up-or-down vote. House Republicans are promising that YouCut will help bring the axe down on taxpayer-funded pork and patronage.

I say to start lets end ALL funding for abstinence only until marriage programs. These programs are purely ideological and have no credibility in the medical community when in comes to the prevention of disease and teenage pregnancy, why? because teenagers are always going to have sex. duh! The best you can do is make sure they are fully educated about the subject of sex, and then hopefully they will use some good judgment calls. Abstinence only programs do not allow for this. Besides, these programs have already wasted more than $1.5 billion in federal funds so far, and have given absolutely no results

I think ending these programs would be a good idea for starters, but if you dont agree with me, you can just say fu*k you, and tell them whatever you want, but tell them something. Honestly lets just see if this is just another GOP partisan gimmick or for real.

go be heard

http://republicanwhip.house.gov/YouCut/YourIdea.htm

Archived