Mike Brown Fired After 5 Seasons with Cavaliers

2below

They must have been reading my posts on this forum. I stated a week or two ago that the first step to maybe enticing Lebron to come back was to fire Mike Brown. I don't care if he is the winningest coach in the past two seasons - he hasn't done **** in the post season. Now who do they hire, and should Lebron have a say in the next coach they hire?

For you basketball fans, what are your thoughts?

Personally, I like Avery Johnson. He's a defensive minded coach who brought the Mavericks to the finals. He didn't win, but he has play off experience as well as finals experience. Look at who he brought to the finals:

G Devin Harris

G Jason Terry

F Josh Howard

F Dirk Nowitzki

C Erick Dampier

You would have never guessed a team like that would make it to the finals. There isn't even a comparison between the Cavs roster to this roster that he went to the finals with.

They definitely should stay away from a college coach because

A) college coaches rarely succeed in the NBA

B) Lebron didn't play the college game

Yeah it was a little surprising, but I agree with it. My friend was saying he couldn't believe that a coach with the best regular season record 2 years running could be fired. I asked him was it Mike Brown or was it Lebron. I think that's the question that will be answered.

I would like to see them get a fast paced coach, like D'antoni. Phil Jackson is a possibility, but I don't see that happening.

To be honest though I don't know if they will be able to lure a high profile coach. With the possibility of Lebron leaving, your left with a pile of trash, unless he does a sign and trade.

Yeah it was a little surprising' date=' but I agree with it. My friend was saying he couldn't believe that a coach with the best regular season record 2 years running could be fired. I asked him was it Mike Brown or was it Lebron. I think that's the question that will be answered.

I would like to see them get a fast paced coach, like D'antoni. Phil Jackson is a possibility, but I don't see that happening.

To be honest though I don't know if they will be able to lure a high profile coach. With the possibility of Lebron leaving, your left with a pile of trash, unless he does a sign and trade.[/quote']

I really don't see Jackson coaching the Bulls unless Lebron signing with them is guaranteed. Even then, I doubt he would coach. I witnessed the D'antoni experiment in Phoenix and that didn't fare too well for our team. You need to play some sort of defense if you want to win a championship. There really aren't any high profile coaches out there to sign. I think it will ultimately end in a sign and trade situation.

I also am in the same boat as you. My friend thought it was so stupid that I was saying Mike Brown needed to be fired. If he has had 5 seasons with Lebron and hasn't won a championship yet, what's stopping him from going another 5 years without bringing Cleveland a championship? Brown isn't a good coach. He doesn't know how to create chemistry. Do you think the Washington Capitals are excited about their best regular season record? The regular season doesn't mean anything, it's the post season that counts and I'm sure this is what Danny Ferry and company talked about prior to the firing. Some people don't understand the girth of how important a coach is to a team. Players feed off the coach's energy. It's the coach who implements a game plan. It's just a shame there isn't a buffet of great coaches this offseason.

I really don't see Jackson coaching the Bulls unless Lebron signing with them is guaranteed. Even then' date=' I doubt he would coach. I witnessed the D'antoni experiment in Phoenix and that didn't fare too well for our team. You need to play some sort of defense if you want to win a championship. There really aren't any high profile coaches out there to sign. I think it will ultimately end in a sign and trade situation.

I also am in the same boat as you. My friend thought it was so stupid that I was saying Mike Brown needed to be fired. If he has had 5 seasons with Lebron and hasn't won a championship yet, what's stopping him from going another 5 years without bringing Cleveland a championship? Brown isn't a good coach. He doesn't know how to create chemistry. Do you think the Washington Capitals are excited about their best regular season record? The regular season doesn't mean anything, it's the post season that counts and I'm sure this is what Danny Ferry and company talked about prior to the firing. Some people don't understand the girth of how important a coach is to a team. Players feed off the coach's energy. It's the coach who implements a game plan. It's just a shame there isn't a buffet of great coaches this offseason.[/quote']

If Lebron goes to the Bulls and they get Phil Jackson I would laugh. Could you imagine if Phil rallies off another 3 championships with Lebron?

I never really liked Brown as a coach, sure he did well in the regular season, but like you said that is just the setup for the real deal. As far as a new coach, I don't really know who they could bring in, but i'm interested to see who. D'antoni in Cleveland could work though. I know he doesn't emphasize defense, but Lebron and Varejao in a high paced game will get blocks and draw charges. I also seeing a fast break led by Lebron being very successful and near impossible to stop. Still though, they would probably get trounced by the Celtics again.

Mike Brown is a defensive coach. he lost the team a long time ago. this was coming from a mile away & almost everyone saw it. he has almost zero offensive coaching skill.

the Cleveland LeBrons are really Nothing literally without LeBron.. LeBron was basically the offensive coach for the team.

BTW i'm not a cleveland fan or a lebron fan. just stating the obvious

& IMO that Dallas team that reached the finals was more well-rounded & deeper then this Cleveland team.

they have LeBron... Shaq/Z/Parker are all 50 years old. Anderson is all hustle & not much else.. Moon/Daniel Green/Powe, weak bench, Mo Williams is the perfect disappearing PG with no Defence.. Hickson didn't get enough play. LeBron is LeBron. He can get to the finals with alot of nobodies.

GL next year, if LeBron even stays.

Mike Brown is a defensive coach. he lost the team a long time ago. this was coming from a mile away & almost everyone saw it. he has almost zero offensive coaching skill.

the Cleveland LeBrons are really Nothing literally without LeBron.. LeBron was basically the offensive coach for the team.

BTW i'm not a cleveland fan or a lebron fan. just stating the obvious

& IMO that Dallas team that reached the finals was more well-rounded & deeper then this Cleveland team.

they have LeBron... Shaq/Z/Parker are all 50 years old. Anderson is all hustle & not much else.. Moon/Daniel Green/Powe' date=' weak bench,[b'] Mo Williams is the perfect disappearing PG with no Defence[/b].. Hickson didn't get enough play. LeBron is LeBron. He can get to the finals with alot of nobodies.

GL next year, if LeBron even stays.

Thank you. Mo Williams is pure trash. One night he'll drop 20. One night he'll drop 20 in the first half, then score 0 in the second half. One night he will shoot 2-13. He doesn't care about assists. He is so unreliable at, arguably, the most important position in today's NBA.

However, regarding the Cavs, the team could have worked if Mike Brown could have figured out a solid rotational scheme. He was all over the place with JJ Hickson and Zydrunas. They never were guaranteed minutes and were used too sporadically. Part of teams that win championships is a solid rotation. Starters know when they get rest, bench players know how many minutes they will get, etc. Mike Brown didn't know what to do. He just gave the ball to Lebron and let the game go on. If Lebron wants championships, he needs not a good coach, but a great coach.

IMO I would have stuck with the Lebron/Hickson duo. It seemed that whenever these two were on the floor together they had instant chemistry. I think Lebron/Hickson could've been a great tandem, too bad people are still signing Shaq thinking he will bring you a championship just because of what him and D wade did.... when Shaq was 4 years younger.

The Cavaliers are ****ed at this point. No coach, not sure about Lebron's future, a team as old as dinosaurs. The only youth they have worth mentioning is Lebron and Hickson. Cut the rest, build around these two players with a solid coach and a passing point guard. I think the latter would be the best situation for the Cavs

Archived