The Big Fedor Question

RaptorStrike

If Fedor was signed to the UFC, just how quickly would his 'pretty boy, pro dodging' record get absolutely destroyed?

He claims he is in control of his career, where he fights and who he fights - so why hasnt he fought anyone of great talent?

What really rages me is that he's still ranked number 3 p4p fighter by sherdog.

What are your thoughts guys?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Fedor was signed to the UFC' date=' just how quickly would his 'pretty boy, pro dodging' record get absolutely destroyed?

He claims he is in control of his career, where he fights and who he fights - so why hasnt he fought anyone of great talent?

What are your thoughts guys?[/quote']

The facts are that no one in the HW division has fought the competition that Fedor has fought....maybe with the exception of Big Nog.

You guys need to take your heads out of your asses with this Fedor ****. and give it a rest.

The facts are that no one in the HW division has fought the competition that Fedor has fought....maybe with the exception of Big Nog.

You guys need to take your heads out of your asses with this Fedor ****. and give it a rest.

i dont care who he faught in the past... you can call him the best hw in the past... but everyone needs to stop calling him the best now.... cause hes not untill he stop dodges opponents and fights the best.

If Fedor was signed to the UFC' date=' just how quickly would his 'pretty boy, pro dodging' record get absolutely destroyed?

He should be number 1.

There is no way Fedor would have that record in the UFC.

I remember months ago people saying Brett Rogers was this and that... and acted as if he would be dominate in the UFC... look what happened, he got owned in his last two fights and I have to admit... if you compare the two fights the last one was a better fight.

Brett Rogers would get owned in the UFC and Fedor, he would simply win some, lose some. He wouldn't have that record. I don't care what all the Fedor ****s have to say... it's true.

Comparing the Strikeforce HW division with the UFC's is like comparing Soda with Gatorade.

I remember months ago people saying Brett Rogers was this and that... and acted as if he would be dominate in the UFC... look what happened' date=' he got owned in his last two fights and I have to admit... if you compare the two fights the last one was a better fight.

Brett Rogers would get owned in the UFC and Fedor, he would simply win some, lose some. He wouldn't have that record. I don't care what all the Fedor ****s have to say... it's true.

[b']Comparing the Strikeforce HW division with the UFC's is like comparing Soda with Gatorade[/b].

What does that mean?

What does that mean?

Read the post...

Everyone said months ago that Rogers would run wild in the UFC HW division and he can't even get past the Strikeforce HW division.

If there was a UFC vs Strikeforce tournament, who do you think would come out on top?

(Only HW)

Thoughts?

My money would be on the UFC. They simply have too many good fighters and Strikeforce can't compare.

I remember months ago people saying Brett Rogers was this and that... and acted as if he would be dominate in the UFC... look what happened' date=' he got owned in his last two fights and I have to admit... if you compare the two fights the last one was a better fight.

Comparing the Strikeforce HW division with the UFC's is like comparing Soda with Gatorade.[/quote']

LoL....up until recently....SF had the better HW division. I mean christ at one point a LHW was holding the HW belt in the UFC...that shows you how much talent the UFC HW division lacked. Now they have all these up and comers like JDS and Cain and everyone thinks they are better than Fedor...its a bit ridiculous.

LoL....up until recently....SF had the better HW division. I mean christ at one point a LHW was holding the HW belt in the UFC...that shows you how much talent the UFC HW division lacked. Now they have all these up and comers like JDS and Cain and everyone thinks they are better than Fedor...its a bit ridiculous.

Its entertaining just how biased you are towards your bf fedor.

Everyone is not disputing that he's a gd fighter - we just wanna see him in one big fight - Just one!!

You're an idiot. End thread.

Everyone is not disputing that he's a gd fighter - we just wanna see him in one big fight - Just one!!

Dude, he was is 4 MASSIVE fights before you even knew what MMA was. Nog thrice, and CroCop - all prime.......smarten up.

I can agree with you, a few years ago the UFC was lacking a HW division but don't mix up my words...

I never said each and every UFC fighter is better than Fedor but the truth is... Fedor wouldn't go undefeated in the UFC.

Fedor has won against every single fighter that he has faced, and yes before you go and look at Wiki and say he lost one, it was an illegal elbow that caused the cut.

Until he loses he should be considered one of the best fighters, regardless of what organization he is or isn't in. No matter who he fights, Fedor wins and until that is proven wrong, no one should have a problem with it.

And lets be real even when he lost that one fight due to cut, that guy was going to get creamed, all these peeps watch the youtube fights of him vs some clown from pride and dont know half of the tough dudes he fought in their prime, coleman. Randleman, nog, crop cop..

I've been a fedor fan for a long time, but I'll admit the longer he goes without migrating to the UFC (which almost every star and potential talent from Pride has done) and the more times I hear of financial disputes or contract fallouts, the less I care about Fedor. When Pride was on top up unitl they were bought out, Fedor was unquestionably the best P 4 P fighter and I was waiving the fodeor flag hard to all my buddies that mostly didn't know who he was. But it's hard to argue in his favor lately, because even when he's been fighting guys near the top they were guys that had just been beaten by someone else in the UFC. Arlovski and Silvia were both still top 5 guys when Fedor beat them... right after someone else. I don't know if it's him or his management. I like to say it's his management and that Fedor still cares about proving himself, but lately I don't know. He and M1 have run through so many organizations in a short time and pretty much bankrupt them singlehandedly. All the while he was fighting guys he was heavily favored to beat that would ensure his reputation as unbeatable would continue and could ensure leverage in any negotiations with their next victim, I mean partner.. Fedor isn't stupid, maybe he's a greedy scumbag like the m1 guys seam to be as well. Maybe all he cares about now is money and trying to establish m1 as a major player. I still see as capable of beating anyone in the UFC HW division, but I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his first fight in UFC if they put him in against (Lesnar, Carwin, Cain, or JDS). I would still see him stepping up to competion after that because of his drive and fight IQ, but any of those guys could give him a rude awakening to how far top level competition has come lately.

Fedor has won against every single fighter that he has faced' date=' and yes before you go and look at Wiki and say he lost one, it was an illegal elbow that caused the cut.

Until he loses he should be considered one of the best fighters, regardless of what organization he is or isn't in. No matter who he fights, Fedor wins and until that is proven wrong, no one should have a problem with it.[/quote']

Maybe i'll be the next p4p fighter using that logic

Dude' date=' he was is 4 MASSIVE fights before you even knew what MMA was. Nog thrice, and CroCop - all prime.......smarten up.[/quote']

yes... how long ago...?

He's ranked third now. He doesnt deserve the spot.

God I want him to get UFC signed so ull have no comeback.

Thats funny..You think Fedor is my favorite fighter because of my sig don't you? I love little kiddies like you. I bet you think I am Black too because of my forum name? Fact is little man...Fedor doesn't even make my top 5 of Fav fighters. Also you wanna see good Fedor fights? Check out the fights he had before you were born...you know against Nog or Cro Cop..or even Randleman.

I can agree with you' date=' a few years ago the UFC was lacking a HW division but don't mix up my words...

I never said each and every UFC fighter is better than Fedor but the truth is... Fedor wouldn't go undefeated in the UFC.[/quote']

It wasn't even really a few years ago...it was literally not that long ago that the HW division lacked. Also I think Fedor could go undefeated. Cain is a wrestler and would get subbed....Lesnar is a wrestler and would get subbed....Carwin is a wrestler and would get subbed...Roy Nelson...Please we all know he doesn't have a chance. JDS is probably his biggest threat in the HW division. But Fedor doesn't get KO'ed so unless JDS can squeak a decision out...he would lose too.

Granted anyone has a chance on any given day. I am not discrediting any of the UFC HWs but lets just think a little realistically for a second.

I can agree with you' date=' a few years ago the UFC was lacking a HW division but don't mix up my words...

I never said each and every UFC fighter is better than Fedor [b']but the truth is... Fedor wouldn't go undefeated in the UFC[/b].

I've been a fedor fan for a long time' date=' but I'll admit the longer he goes without migrating to the UFC (which almost every star and potential talent from Pride has done) and the more times I hear of financial disputes or contract fallouts, the less I care about Fedor. When Pride was on top up unitl they were bought out, Fedor was unquestionably the best P 4 P fighter and I was waiving the fodeor flag hard to all my buddies that mostly didn't know who he was. But it's hard to argue in his favor lately, because even when he's been fighting guys near the top they were guys that had just been beaten by someone else in the UFC. Arlovski and Silvia were both still top 5 guys when Fedor beat them... right after someone else. I don't know if it's him or his management. I like to say it's his management and that Fedor still cares about proving himself, but lately I don't know. He and M1 have run through so many organizations in a short time and pretty much bankrupt them singlehandedly. [b']All the while he was fighting guys he was heavily favored to beat that would ensure his reputation as unbeatable would continue[/b] and could ensure leverage in any negotiations with their next victim, I mean partner.. Fedor isn't stupid, maybe he's a greedy scumbag like the m1 guys seam to be as well. Maybe all he cares about now is money and trying to establish m1 as a major player. I still see as capable of beating anyone in the UFC HW division, but I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his first fight in UFC if they put him in against (Lesnar, Carwin, Cain, or JDS). I would still see him stepping up to competion after that because of his drive and fight IQ, but any of those guys could give him a rude awakening to how far top level competition has come lately.

If you don't think the chance of him going to the UFC and having his record tarnished was factored in when he decided to go elsewhere, you are the definition of a ****.

If you don't think the chance of him going to the UFC and having his record tarnished was factored in when he decided to go elsewhere' date=' you are the definition of a ****.[/quote']

That wasn't a factor at all dude. It was Dana's contractual demands, and lack willingness to co-promote. Had nothing to do with fighters.....lol, Cain, JDS and Carwin hadn't even fought their first opponents when Fedor was in talks.....GTFO.

That wasn't a factor at all dude. It was Dana's contractual demands' date=' and lack willingness to co-promote. Had nothing to do with fighters.....lol, Cain, JDS and Carwin hadn't even fought their first opponents when Fedor was in talks.....GTFO.[/quote']

Hell yea dude. It is pointless trying to explain Fedor to anyone man. This place is full of 14 year old kids who believe anything they read on the internet. The OP probably searched through old threads and read something that said "Fedor fights cans" and then tried to form his own opinion around it.

Thats funny..You think Fedor is my favorite fighter because of my sig don't you? I love little kiddies like you. I bet you think I am Black too because of my forum name? Fact is little man...Fedor doesn't even make my top 5 of Fav fighters. Also you wanna see good Fedor fights? Check out the fights he had before you were born...you know against Nog or Cro Cop..or even Randleman.

It wasn't even really a few years ago...it was literally not that long ago that the HW division lacked. Also I think Fedor could go undefeated. Cain is a wrestler and would get subbed....Lesnar is a wrestler and would get subbed....Carwin is a wrestler and would get subbed...Roy Nelson...Please we all know he doesn't have a chance. JDS is probably his biggest threat in the HW division. But Fedor doesn't get KO'ed so unless JDS can squeak a decision out...he would lose too.

Granted anyone has a chance on any given day. I am not discrediting any of the UFC HWs but lets just think a little realistically for a second.

Sorry to disappoint you dude, but im over the legal age of consent. Fedor didnt have his fights b4 i was born... what a troll. He started pro in 1997. I was prob as old as u are now :)

Sorry to disappoint you dude' date=' but im over the legal age of consent. Fedor didnt have his fights b4 i was born... what a troll. He started pro in 1997. I was prob as old as u are now :)[/quote']

You are a math whiz huh. 2010 - 25 is totally 1997. I guess Ex wasn't kidding when he said that you weren't very bright. Haha.

That wasn't a factor at all dude. It was Dana's contractual demands' date=' and lack willingness to co-promote. Had nothing to do with fighters.....lol, Cain, JDS and Carwin hadn't even fought their first opponents when Fedor was in talks.....GTFO.[/quote']

Exodus, I usually agree with you most of the time but none of us were present during the contractual agreements... none of us truly know what happened... we can only speculate.

I think Fedor is one of the greatest of all time but I don't believe he is the best in the World.

I do believe that all of his fans are being deprived due to his choice.

It's his choice though, so, so be it.

Exodus' date=' I usually agree with you most of the time but none of us were present during the contractual agreements... none of us truly know what happened... we can only speculate.

I think Fedor is one of the greatest of all time but I don't believe he is the best in the World.

It's his choice though, so, so be it.[/quote']

Fedor would have signed to the UFC but Dana didn't want to co promote with M-1. Can't say I blame Dana at all...but those are the facts. So when people run around saying Fedor is ducking the UFC it is quite the laugh.

The UFC HW division was nowhere near as strong as it is now when Fedor left Pride. However, it still had a lot more to offer than Fedor's 3 first 3 fights post Pride. A middleweight in Matt Lindland, and jokes in the form of Hong-Man Choi and Tim Sylvia. Like I said, if you don't think potential opponents and tarnishing his record in the UFC factored into his decision, you are the definition of a ****.

Exodus' date=' I usually agree with you most of the time but none of us were present during the contractual agreements... none of us truly know what happened... we can only speculate.

It's his choice though, so, so be it.[/quote']

There's enough info to piece together the real problems......

The UFC HW division was nowhere near as strong as it is now when Fedor left Pride. However' date=' it still had a lot more to offer than Fedor's 3 first 3 fights post Pride. A middleweight in Matt Lindland, and jokes in the form of Hong-Man Choi and Tim Sylvia. Like I said, if you don't think potential opponents and tarnishing his record in the UFC factored into his decision, you are the definition of a ****.[/quote']

you my friend are being blind to the most important factor of his camps demands.. and its CO-promote, dana will not agree to give half his companies makings to someone who didnt help make it what it is

I think that Fador would be a great fright for any of the top HW in the UFC but in my eyes I see him losing to Lesnar' date=' Carwin, and maybe Mir though they would all be very competitive fights[/quote']

Turn off your computer.

You think Fedor would lose to Mir?

The other two are questionable and up for good debate but Mir?

Turn off your computer.

you my friend are being blind to the most important factor of his camps demands.. and its CO-promote' date=' dana will not agree to give half his companies makings to someone who didnt help make it what it is[/quote']

So he didn't want to have a chance of tarnishing his record unless he was going to be extremely well paid for it. Great reason to respect Fedor.

My thoughts are that if Fedor signed ith the UFC he would automatically be the champion - just like he is in SF.

Whoever held the UFC belt would have to beat FEdor in order to have any cred whatsoever.

i dont care who he faught in the past... you can call him the best hw in the past... but everyone needs to stop calling him the best now.... cause hes not untill he stop dodges opponents and fights the best.

Brock hasn't fought in a year' date=' and last time he beat a guy who got rag dolled by Carwin. Why should Brock be ranked anywhere close to the top? Because he the UFC gave him a shiny gold belt?

These arguments are comedic at best. Fedor beat Arvloski when Arlovksi was ranked as the #2 HW in the world. That was last year. He shattered Brett Rogers invincibility last November. Everyone rags on Rogers now because of what Overeem did to him, but there's no denying that before that he was on a tear. A tear which ended abruptly when he faced Fedor.

Don't act like before that fight you weren't talking trash about how Rogers would easily KO Fedor.[u'] The back peddling and damage control you super analysts do is hilarious[/u]. As soon as your prediction is horribly off you find a way to adjust it post fact. If you can't deal with being wrong don't make predictions. What will you say if Fedor comes to the UFC and dominates? It's all a fix? The UFC HW division lost all their talent? Fedor should go back to StrikeForce and fight real HW's?

Brock hasn't fought in a year' date=' and last time he beat a guy who got rag dolled by Carwin. Why should Brock be ranked anywhere close to the top? Because he the UFC gave him a shiny gold belt?

These arguments are comedic at best. Fedor beat Arvloski when Arlovksi was ranked as the #2 HW in the world. That was last year. He shattered Brett Rogers invincibility last November. Everyone rags on Rogers now because of what Overeem did to him, but there's no denying that before that he was on a tear. A tear which ended abruptly when he faced Fedor.

Don't act like before that fight you weren't talking trash about how Rogers would easily KO Fedor.[u'] The back peddling and damage control you super analysts do is hilarious[/u]. As soon as your prediction is horribly off you find a way to adjust it post fact. If you can't deal with being wrong don't make predictions. What will you say if Fedor comes to the UFC and dominates? It's all a fix? The UFC HW division lost all their talent? Fedor should go back to StrikeForce and fight real HW's?

Big Rob, telling it like it is. Nicely said.

So he didn't want to have a chance of tarnishing his record unless he was going to be extremely well paid for it. Great reason to respect Fedor.

Quit acting like you would take a job making $30k a year over a job making $90k a year because the $30k one was a little more respectable. It's common knowledge that peoples humility and dignity takes a backseat to money.

Turn off your computer.

You think Fedor would lose to Mir?

The other two are questionable and up for good debate but Mir?

Turn off your computer.

That about sums it up. Better yet, dump a bottle of lighter fluid all over your puter, and light that sum b*tch up......

haha i cant believe im reading this crap-are there any real mma fans on this forum these days????

Big Rob' date=' telling it like it is. Nicely said.[/quote']

I have no doubt that Fedor will probably lose one day. These excuses will keep rolling in no matter how long he keeps winning. At which point once he loses, we will have a billion "Told you so" threads on this forum.

Reminds me of a guy I lived in the dorms with in college at Washington State. When the Seahawks went to the Superbowl in 2006 he said every single playoff game that they were going to lose. Finally when they lost against the Steelers, he went around telling everyone that he had called it the whole time. Fact is he was like 1-4 on his predictions, but he somehow magically discounted all the previous ones and kept making new ones like he had a 0-0 record.

Same thing here, and it will never stop. Fedor could come to the UFC and beat Cain, JDS, Nelson, Mir, Gonzaga, and then lose to Brock. Everybody on here will all of a sudden be the genius who predicted Fedor's downfall from the beginning.

Quit acting like you would take a job making $30k a year over a job making $90k a year because the $30k one was a little more respectable. It's common knowledge that peoples humility and dignity takes a backseat to money.

HUGE difference there. Either way he was making millions. It should be easier to make the respectable decision when you are rich either way.

Well said. I think as of now im just going to do the smart thing and not take part in any Fedor debates anymore, because they are all exactly the same, and nothing ever gets accomplished.

HUGE difference there. Either way he was making millions. It should be easier to make the respectable decision when you are rich either way.

You're right, there is a huge difference. The example I posted is a difference of $60k. Fedor's situation was a difference of MILLIONS of dollars. It's also common knowledge that people can never have too much money. So I say again, don't act like you would have taken the deal for less money in order to "prove yourself." When the deal is on the table and one side means you make a boatload of more cash, you, just like Fedor, wouldn't give two ***** about proving yourself.

Archived