Most Overated Fighter

JackUK

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wanna know who you think is the most overated fighter currently fighting in MMA. Sorry if its been done before but i haven't seen it. I personally think it is between koscheck and brock.

Currently, Fedor. Still the best of all time, but aging and ducking.

+1

until fedor beats top competition in the ufc i will remain unimpressed

Why is the UFC top competition at HW?

Brock beat a LHW Couture, UD over Herring, and took out Mir who most people say is overrated...Mir doesn't even know what weight he wants to fight at...

Carwin beat the overrated Mir and KO over Gonzaga...nice record but not better than Fedor's

JDS beat a couple of old Pride guys in Yvel and Cro Cop...and Gonzaga also...

Cain beat a couple gatekeepers in Kongo and Rothwell and his biggest win is over Big Nog, who Fedor has already beaten...(more than once)...

every good person the UFC HWs have beaten were beaten by Fedor when they were in their prime...

i'm not saying Fedor is p4p #1, but I don't see what these UFC HWs have done that makes them so great...all they do is beat old Pride fighters who don't win anymore, gatekeepers (Gonzaga, Rothwell, and Kongo)...Gonzaga is a legit win, but they are all beating him so is he really that good?

all I can say is Fedor wins...u guys are saying a fighter that is 31-1 (something like that...) needs to prove himself against 4-1 Brock, 12-0 Carwin, 8-0 Cain, and 11-1 JDS?

Fedor 32-1

Top UFC HWs 35-2

i say these young fighters need to prove themselves against the legend...Cain was validated with his win over Big Nog...Big Nog beating Cain would not have validated him...

if MMA died today, no one would remember JDS, Cain, Carwin...Brock would be remembered cause he has the belt and the whole WWE fanbase...

Yeah Fedor is waaayy overrated. Hopefully he loses to Overeem. I used to like Fedor but when you're scared to go to the biggest MMA stage there is... soo many pay per view buys and things lost... He'd get merked by Lesnar or Velasquez and probably Carwin.

Anderson Silva I like but I think he is overrated. 10 and 0 in the UFC nice. Lots of title defenses, nice... but people such as... Thalas Leites, Patrick Cote, Travis Lutter, Chris Leben, Demian Maia... those are good fighters but not champions. Impressive over Hendo and Marquardt and Franklin I don't think was really spectacular, Griffin I think is terrible but yeah... wait for him to fight Vitor Belfort or top LHW competition.

Roy Nelson... all the people who say Roy Nelson is going to beat JDS.... wtf? I can't believe how popular Big Belly is getting. He will never hold gold. He'd get beat by Al-Turk for goodness sakes.

Brock beat a LHW Couture' date=' UD over Herring, and took out Mir who most people say is overrated...Mir doesn't even know what weight he wants to fight at...

Carwin beat the overrated Mir and KO over Gonzaga...nice record but not better than Fedor's

Cain beat a couple gatekeepers in Kongo and Rothwell and his biggest win is over Big Nog, who Fedor has already beaten...(more than once)...

every good person the UFC HWs have beaten were beaten by Fedor when they were in their prime...

i'm not saying Fedor is p4p #1, but I don't see what these UFC HWs have done that makes them so great...all they do is beat old Pride fighters who don't win anymore, gatekeepers (Gonzaga, Rothwell, and Kongo)...Gonzaga is a legit win, but they are all beating him so is he really that good?

all I can say is Fedor wins...u guys are saying a fighter that is 31-1 (something like that...) needs to prove himself against 4-1 Brock, 12-0 Carwin, 8-0 Cain, and 11-1 JDS?

Fedor 32-1

Top UFC HWs 35-2

i say these young fighters need to prove themselves against the legend...Cain was validated with his win over Big Nog...Big Nog beating Cain would not have validated him...

if MMA died today, no one would remember JDS, Cain, Carwin...Brock would be remembered cause he has the belt and the whole WWE fanbase...[/quote']

This is terrible. For the last couple years Fedor has been fighting scrub fighters such as Andrei Arlovski and Brett Rogers. Fedor hasn't done anything spectacular in forever! He has never fought a wrestler like Brock, a striker like JDS. I believe Cain is well rounded enough to take Fedor out as well. You show their records but your comparing Fedor to new up and comers. Compare the top ufc HW's to Fedor like 2 years from now.

Fedor = Maybe in the top 5 HW's

Velasquez. Sure' date=' he's a decent wrestler. But throw him against Carwin, Lesnar, or Dos Santos and he'd be finished.[/quote']

+1

I've said as much for months now. Cain has zero chance against any of the big wrestling heavyweights.

Brock beat a LHW Couture' date=' UD over Herring, and took out Mir who most people say is overrated...Mir doesn't even know what weight he wants to fight at...

Fedor 32-1

Top UFC HWs 35-2

if MMA died today, no one would remember JDS, Cain, Carwin...Brock would be remembered cause he has the belt and the whole WWE fanbase...[/quote']

The UFC HW are the top because of their potential. The guys Fedor has fought recently and will be fighting in the near future do not have anywhere near as much potentional.

Fedor 32-1

Top UFC HWs 35-2

holy ****... you have that all written up and just copy and paste when anyone insults fedor?! stopp hugging fedors nuts for a few seconds and realize he fights CANS!!

holy ****... you have that all written up and just copy and paste when anyone insults fedor?! stopp hugging fedors nuts for a few seconds and realize he fights CANS!!

ur a ****...do you even see Fedor on my list of favorite fighters below? i don't give a **** about Fedor...i just want to know why UFC is considered so high and mighty when all they have beaten are the same people Fedor has beaten...

Jon Jones....People seem to think he's amazing...really i dont see it...

Really, are you being sarcastic.

The guy destroys everyone he faces and is 22 years old

Since entering the UFC

Before fighting Jones their records were:

Vera 11-4 (Losses to Couture, Jardine I think he won both)( and Werdum and Sylvia at HW)

O'Brien - 11-2 (Losses to Arlovski and Velasquez)

Bonnar 11-4 (Losses to Griffinx2, Evans and Machida)

Gusmao 5-0

Hamill 8-2 (Lost to Franklin and Bisping (he won the fight against bisping)(I know he won vs Jones but everyone including himself thought he was beat the f.ck out of in that fight)

In my opinion his hype is justified

Funny...90 percent of the people who are saying Fedor is overrated have 30 posts.

100 percent of people who are saying Fedor is overrated provided ZERO logic behind their statement.

"He fights Cans" and "he doesn't fight top comp" isn't logic.

As for overrated

Brock Lesnar - Hasn't fought top comp. Oh ya I went there. Lets see Heath Herring, Frank Mir and a LHW. Hmmm Real convincing.

Anderson Silva - He is slightly overrated. Enough to make the list. Couldn't even finish Damien Maia...that is why he gets on the list. If he destroys Sonnen he is off the list.

Brett Rogers - Ya...Enough Said.

Thiago Silva - This guy can't beat anyone good. Great against guys in the middle of the pack..Put him against someone in the top 10 and he looks like crap.

Fedor 32-1

Top UFC HWs 35-2

very true

dont the ufc fanboys saying fedor just crack you up?lol

this forum should be made 18+

The UFC HW are the top because of their potential. The guys Fedor has fought recently and will be fighting in the near future do not have anywhere near as much potentional.

they are the top for their potential?...potential means they have the ability to be good, not they are good...this argument doesn't make sense to me...

you cannot base their current abilities based on where you expect them to be when they mature...

Bones has a lot of potential, but he isn't a top 5 LHW fighter at the moment...

ur a ****...do you even see Fedor on my list of favorite fighters below? i don't give a **** about Fedor...i just want to know why UFC is considered so high and mighty when all they have beaten are the same people Fedor has beaten...

Most of em haven't beat the competition Fedor has beat. That is the funny part about the whole ordeal.

Funny...90 percent of the people who are saying Fedor is overrated have 30 posts.

100 percent of people who are saying Fedor is overrated provided ZERO logic behind their statement.

"He fights Cans" and "he doesn't fight top comp" isn't logic.

As for overrated

Brock Lesnar - Hasn't fought top comp. Oh ya I went there. Lets see Heath Herring' date=' Frank Mir and a LHW. Hmmm Real convincing.

Anderson Silva - He is slightly overrated. Enough to make the list. Couldn't even finish Damien Maia...that is why he gets on the list. If he destroys Sonnen he is off the list.

Brett Rogers - Ya...Enough Said.

Thiago Silva - This guy can't beat anyone good. Great against guys in the middle of the pack..Put him against someone in the top 10 and he looks like crap.[/quote']

because the amount of posts on a forum determines your mma knowledge right?!! STFU

fedor is the lamest fighter in the history of mma cant wait till he fights real talent and gets owned.also brock and cro cop suck as well

Dont hold your breath, theres no way he will nut up enough to fight Overeem.

Strikeforce had to kiss his butt for months and promise the moon, (probably threaten to sue him too) just to get him to honor his contract and get in there with Werdum.

He chose Strikeforce and the smaller paydays because he's scared. That aint gonna change any time soon.

Most of em haven't beat the competition Fedor has beat. That is the funny part about the whole ordeal.

Actually pretty much ALL of them have beaten Cro Cop and Nog. And the ones who havent...... do you really think Cro Cop, Nog or Arlovski would be able to go more then a round against the top HW? Mir crushed Nog and couldnt get out of the 2nd round with either guy fighting for the belt right now and would almost certainly lose to Cain by the 3rd.

Arlovski got cut for sucking a long time before fighting Fedor, and was kicking Fedors **** before trying that stupid flying knee and catching a lucky punch.

Cro cop, got robbed in one those fights. He beat Fedor soundly. And his only decent win against even mid-level UFC fighters came by eye poke. That should have been ruled a DQ loss.

Nog lost to Cain, lost Mir, and barely eeked out a win over Couture.

Yeah your right, they havent fought the same level of competition. They beat much better competition then the scrubs Fedor fights.

Actually pretty much ALL of them have beaten Cro Cop and Nog. And the ones who havent...... do you really think Cro Cop' date=' Nog or Arlovski would be able to go more then a round against the top HW? Mir crushed Nog and couldnt get out of the 2nd round with either guy fighting for the belt right now and would almost certainly lose to Cain by the 3rd.

Arlovski got cut for sucking a long time before fighting Fedor, and was kicking Fedors **** before trying that stupid flying knee and catching a lucky punch.

Cro cop, got robbed in one those fights. He beat Fedor soundly. And his only decent win against even mid-level UFC fighters came by eye poke. That should have been ruled a DQ loss.

Nog lost to Cain, lost Mir, and barely eeked out a win over Couture.

Yeah your right, they havent fought the same level of competition. They beat much better competition then the scrubs Fedor fights.[/quote']

LoL...where is the logic my friend? You...just like every other person on here fails to acknowledge where these guys were ranked when Fedor beat them. Cro Cop was one of the top 3 HW's when Fedor beat him. When JDS beat him he maybe hit the top 20. Arlovski had a decent ranking when they fought...None of the top HW's in the UFC right now have even fought Andrei. Nog was in his prime when he lost to Fedor. When Mir KO'ed Nog he was sick. I am failing to see all you guys' logic in all of this...please enlighten me.

Fedor. Not because he is a bad fighter or anything but just because of the fans he has. He is overated simply because ppl seems to think that he is God. So even if he is the best HW in the world he would still be the most overated fighter in the world.

Fedor's great, but name the last top HW he beat while they were in their prime. Please. Fedor fans, I'm not kissing any other heavyweight's @$$ but explain how he's earned the right to be called the best heavyweight RIGHT NOW considering his recent opponents.

And don't argue "well who's Brock, Cain and Carwin fought lately?" That's just avoiding the question.

Archived