Obesity and Disneyland

2below

I have been to Disneyland 3 times in my 21 years on this earth. Every time I have been I have noticed that the people walking (or sitting) around Disneyland are absolutely massive. They sit there with their funnel cakes, cotton candy and heart monitors as I can see their arteries harden in their necks (if the neck is visible).

Is there a direct link between Disneyland and obesity? I have been pondering this revelation for a while now and I can't seem to figure out the connection. Out of anywhere I have ever been, I have never seen more obese people in my life than at Disneyland (Sunsplash coming in second). Is it because a lot of the rides at Disneyland were renovated to become "fat friendly"? Is this why they all gather? Or do they gather to munch on all the sugar coated treats and deep fried, heart stopping delights to add to their obesity? Why are we renovating the rides to assist these giant blobs? Isn't that just encouragement? "Oh, they'll just make accommodations for me, so I don't need a diet".

Am I the only one who has noticed this outrage? Stop accommodating for the morbidly obese! They are taking over my childhood kingdom!

fat_people-at-disneyland1.png

Disney-staff-small2.jpg

91161103_6e1036375a.jpg

America the beautiful!!!!!....Our own military is ******** bricks because they are worried about recruitment because all of americas children are chubby little fat asses.

Seriously, dude. It's an epidemic. We need to take the IV's full of soda out of their arms and get them some ****ing lowfat milk.

Fast Food nation reigns supreme!.... mmmm burrito supreme thinks the little fat mother****er.

I don't get it either man. You can tell a fat person that he/she is dying because they are too fat and after you tell them that they will go and order 2 large pizzas with extra cheese....a large steak bomb and 2 large fries.

don't forget the 8 liter soda!

This isn't a thread bashing on obese people. This is a thread to raise awareness of this epidemic plaguing America. We are fatter/unhealthier than ever.

Put down your triple thick milkshakes. Put down your angus burgers. Throw out your deep fried twinkies and go to a ****ing gym for ****s sake.

I've been to Disney World in Orlando twice. I can't say that I remember a LOT of fat people but that was 10 years ago and we spent a lot of time at the water parks and Wild Kingdom.

Well it could be different at Disneyworld. Thanks for drawing a reference though.

if you want a pop why dont you just drink 1 and thats it why do some people have to drink 8 cans of coke a day? thats 1200 calories right there just in pop. If you want a pizza why not just eat 1 or 2 pieces and end it why eat the whole thing? It just doesnt make any sense to me why people have to eat so much. But some weight gain is very slow if you eat 10 extra calories a day thats like 1 extra french fry you will gain 10 pounds in 1 year so if you did that for 7 years you would be 70 pounds overweight

if you want a pop why dont you just drink 1 and thats it why do some people have to drink 8 cans of coke a day? thats 1200 calories right there just in pop. If you want a pizza why not just eat 1 or 2 pieces and end it why eat the whole thing? It just doesnt make any sense to me why people have to eat so much. But some weight gain is very slow if you eat 10 extra calories a day thats like 1 extra french fry you will gain 10 pounds in 1 year so if you did that for 7 years you would be 70 pounds overweight

I saw a woman at the grocery store the other day and the 12 packs of soda were on sale' date=' and a really good sale at that. She had to be at least 250 pounds, 5'5 or so and had [b']FIVE[/b] 12 packs of soda. That's 60 ****ing cans of soda. That's approximately 2,340 grams of sugar you have in your cart. I'm assuming she has kids because the soda's were stuff like orange soda and what not, but that means she is feeding all this **** to her kids, preparing them to be obese. I'm sick of it.

I saw a woman at the grocery store the other day and the 12 packs of soda were on sale' date=' and a really good sale at that. She had to be at least 250 pounds, 5'5 or so and had [b']FIVE[/b] 12 packs of soda. That's 60 ****ing cans of soda. That's approximately 2,340 grams of sugar you have in your cart. I'm assuming she has kids because the soda's were stuff like orange soda and what not, but that means she is feeding all this **** to her kids, preparing them to be obese. I'm sick of it.

Yes that is sad. MOST fat people are not fat because they are genetically predisposed to it. MOST fat people are fat because they eat wrong, don't exercise, don't sleep right, etc etc. These are all learned behaviors from their family and friends.

Yes that is sad. MOST fat people are not fat because they are genetically predisposed to it. MOST fat people are fat because they eat wrong' date=' don't exercise, don't sleep right, etc etc. These are all learned behaviors from their family and friends.[/quote']

I hate when people blame it on genetics. **** that. Control your eating habits, slobs.

There are a lot of things that have contributed to the obesity epidemic in America and even North of the border as well. Personal choice is one part of the equation, but the other part is that it's not just McDonalds that is out there nowadays. There are thousands of fast food restaurants out there selling s*** that is killing us. You cant go more than one inner city block without seeing a fast food place. So options for healthy food and education about what is healthy and available is also an issue. Especially for lower income families where it is cheaper to buy canned goods and foods in bulk to feed ones family. Time is another issue; people dont take the time anymore to prepare a healthy meal for their kids so McDee's, Burger King, DQ etc. end up winning out of the choices for dinner. Overall, a lot has changed in society over the last 20 years or so that has lead to the obesity epidemic. More accountability needs to be placed on companies and on individuals. Government has a responsibility to provide eduation and awareness as well as holding companies accountable for their products, including enacting legislation if need be. The challenge is that people are not able to grow their own food anymore so we become dependent on companies to keep us alive. Most of our kids these days dont even know where the food they are eating comes from. /End rant

Dude, it all of america.

Drive by an elementary school and look at the kids playing at recess. 85% of children here are overweight i'd bet. My parents literally used to split snack cakes in half and make me and my brother share them, and that was after we werent' poor anymore too. I thank them to this day.

But its not just disneyworld bro, its america!

And its happened in just the last decade, because when i was in grade school, the fat kids didn't get to play with us at recess, and all the other kids, had royal rumbles in the cage sphere. We even had jumping contests lol. But the fat kids, knew that they were the outcast. Now, its almost as if fat people look down on "skinny" or in shape people as if it supposed to be obesity lmfao.

There are a lot of things that have contributed to the obesity epidemic in America and even North of the border as well. Personal choice is one part of the equation' date=' but the other part is that it's not just McDonalds that is out there nowadays. There are thousands of fast food restaurants out there selling s*** that is killing us. You cant go more than one inner city block without seeing a fast food place. So options for healthy food and education about what is healthy and available is also an issue. Especially for lower income families where it is cheaper to buy canned goods and foods in bulk to feed ones family. Time is another issue; people dont take the time anymore to prepare a healthy meal for their kids so McDee's, Burger King, DQ etc. end up winning out of the choices for dinner. Overall, a lot has changed in society over the last 20 years or so that has lead to the obesity epidemic. More accountability needs to be placed on companies and on individuals. Government has a responsibility to provide eduation and awareness as well as holding companies accountable for their products, including enacting legislation if need be. The challenge is that people are not able to grow their own food anymore so we become dependent on companies to keep us alive. Most of our kids these days dont even know where the food they are eating comes from. /End rant[/quote']

Yeah - like how about lazy **** parents that are afraid to say NO to their spoiled little brats and tell them they can't go on the computer when it is sunny outside - they must GO PLAY. Or the ones that are too lazy cause they are tired from working all day and after they pick their kids up from the STRANGERS they have paid all day to watch them - head straight for the drive through. Disgusting. They don't deserve kids.

There are a lot of things that have contributed to the obesity epidemic in America and even North of the border as well. Personal choice is one part of the equation' date=' but the other part is that it's not just McDonalds that is out there nowadays. There are thousands of fast food restaurants out there selling s*** that is killing us. You cant go more than one inner city block without seeing a fast food place. So options for healthy food and education about what is healthy and available is also an issue. Especially for lower income families where it is cheaper to buy canned goods and foods in bulk to feed ones family. Time is another issue; people dont take the time anymore to prepare a healthy meal for their kids so McDee's, Burger King, DQ etc. end up winning out of the choices for dinner. Overall, a lot has changed in society over the last 20 years or so that has lead to the obesity epidemic. More accountability needs to be placed on companies and on individuals. Government has a responsibility to provide eduation and awareness as well as holding companies accountable for their products, including enacting legislation if need be. The challenge is that people are not able to grow their own food anymore so we become dependent on companies to keep us alive. Most of our kids these days dont even know where the food they are eating comes from. /End rant[/quote']

I think it's the parent's responsibility to "make" time to cook meals for their kids and not rely on the fast food industry. I liken it to parents that use the damn TV and Video Games to babysit their children for them. The excuse that people just don't have time any more is just that. I work a ton of hours, so does my wife, but we make it a point to cook dinner and eat as a family when we get home instead of plopping down on the couch to unwind. Family values have gone to the crapper these days and until folks start owning up to their own failures instead of blaming every other person and industry they can "i.e. McDonalds" things will just get worse.

Dude' date=' it all of america.

Drive by an elementary school and look at the kids playing at recess. 85% of children here are overweight i'd bet. My parents literally used to split snack cakes in half and make me and my brother share them, and that was after we werent' poor anymore too. I thank them to this day.

But its not just disneyworld bro, its america!

And its happened in just the last decade, because when i was in grade school, the fat kids didn't get to play with us at recess, and all the other kids, had royal rumbles in the cage sphere. We even had jumping contests lol. But the fat kids, knew that they were the outcast. Now, its almost as if fat people look down on "skinny" or in shape people as if it supposed to be obesity lmfao.[/quote']

Oh I know it's all of America for sure. I was just pointing out one of the greatest examples of a bunch of obese people being in one place at one time.

Food Revolution! Too bad they got that ********* to host that show, it's actually a good idea.

I think it's the parent's responsibility to "make" time to cook meals for their kids and not rely on the fast food industry. I liken it to parents that use the damn TV and Video Games to babysit their children for them. The excuse that people just don't have time any more is just that. I work a ton of hours' date=' so does my wife, but we make it a point to cook dinner and eat as a family when we get home instead of plopping down on the couch to unwind. Family values have gone to the crapper these days and until folks start owning up to their own failures instead of blaming every other person and industry they can "i.e. McDonalds" things will just get worse.[/quote']

great post brother. it's the parents responsibility to balance their child's/childrens' diet(s). my best friend in middle schools' mom would just throw his younger sister in front of the TV and she would just eat **** all day. She is now overweight and gets made fun of. This could have been prevented if there was some good, healthy eating as a family.

i really dont think its the fast food industry they have salads and grilled chicken wraps at mcdonalds its the people ordering the big macs so its there fault for making dumb **** choices if you want a big mac and large fries why not just split the meal with someone else so your not consuming as much

oh i know it's all of america for sure. I was just pointing out one of the greatest examples of a bunch of obese people being in one place at one time.

Food revolution! Too bad they got that ********* to host that show' date=' it's actually a good idea.[/quote']

ya, i am still shocked everytime i pass little kids outside at school. I never imagined the normal or so called "skinny" kid ever being the outcast due to weight issues lol. Its so gross, and i do believe in genetics causing a thyroid or whatever, but i also believe that the term is thrown around to make people feel better. Its not always genetics, just because your dad and mom are fat, doesn't mean you have to be. It means, they eat fatty foods, and are setting you up for failure. You decide to follow.

Unfortunately, the quick easy fix, is the cheapest as well, so i don't see much happening. They made a heart monitor that is like a pacemaker to let youknow, 24, 12, and one hour before a heart attack?

Get real!!! Eat better

Yeah - like how about lazy **** parents that are afraid to say NO to their spoiled little brats and tell them they can't go on the computer when it is sunny outside - they must GO PLAY. Or the ones that are too lazy cause they are tired from working all day and after they pick their kids up from the STRANGERS they have paid all day to watch them - head straight for the drive through. Disgusting. They don't deserve kids.

Yeah, parents are part of the blame for sure. Television and video games are also a problem for kids. My opinion is that fear also plays a role. Parents are scared to let their kids go too far without supervision so its easier to let them stay inside all day and play video games or whatever. We are constantly hearing on the news about abductions or missing persons (ie Nancy Grace) It's no wonder we dont let our kids do anything. Also, how many families actually eat dinner around the table anymore without the television on? Gone are the days of a stay-at-home mom/dad as well. Unless one parent makes a really good living, both parents have to work and then who cooks at the end of the day? The Colonel cooks for you, that's who! I live in Canada and it is not that much different here; people are continuing to gain weight and the associated problems such as respiratory and cardiovascular disease are prompting our Province to take action in a Provincial Obesity Strategy. It focuses on nutrition, physical activuty, and treatment. I am not sure what the treatment aspect is as of yet but I am very keen to learn more about how our government is going to address this issue and what role we play as inidividuals.

great post brother. it's the parents responsibility to balance their child's/childrens' diet(s). my best friend in middle schools' mom would just throw his younger sister in front of the TV and she would just eat **** all day. She is now overweight and gets made fun of. This could have been prevented if there was some good' date=' healthy eating as a family.[/quote']

I feel you man. I have a friend...he is easily 380lbs...has a wife who is hefty herself...not to mention preggo...and he has 3 kids. His middle child is 3 years old....turning 4 soon and she is twice as heavy if not heavier than the Oldest child who is 6. This poor girl has to be 60 pounds or more. She does not stop eating....at all. As soon as she gets home from pre-school she needs to have a snack....after that snack she needs another....and then maybe another snack after that...Then the parents will be making dinner...but she doesn't want to wait for dinner....shes hungry now...so they make her something quick to shut her up...When she is done with that she then wants dinner....Her parents will say No for about 5 minutes and then give in to the whining and give her dinner....then after that she needs dessert....then after that she needs another dessert. The girl does not know when to stop eating! I have never seen anything like it. The poor girl eats non stop from 3pm to 9pm just about every day...And my buddy and his wife are "couch Parents" so obviously they will give in to any demands the child has. It is just absurd.

I think it's the parent's responsibility to "make" time to cook meals for their kids and not rely on the fast food industry. I liken it to parents that use the damn TV and Video Games to babysit their children for them. The excuse that people just don't have time any more is just that. I work a ton of hours' date=' so does my wife, but we make it a point to cook dinner and eat as a family when we get home instead of plopping down on the couch to unwind. Family values have gone to the crapper these days and until folks start owning up to their own failures instead of blaming every other person and industry they can "i.e. McDonalds" things will just get worse.[/quote']

Agreed, and good on you and your wife for making the time to eat healthy. It does take a little more effort but you just have to have the know how and then make the effort. Family values have definately changed as well. I believe that things can change for the better but it wont be easy. If we think about the last 10 years, companies didnt even have to list what was in their products and now they do. That is a significant policy shift that must have met huge resistance from corporations so there are steps being taken; it's just we wont see the changes overnight or even in our generation.

I feel you man. I have a friend...he is easily 380lbs...has a wife who is hefty herself...not to mention preggo...and he has 3 kids. His middle child is 3 years old....turning 4 soon and she is twice as heavy if not heavier than the Oldest child who is 6. This poor girl has to be 60 pounds or more. She does not stop eating....at all. As soon as she gets home from pre-school she needs to have a snack....after that snack she needs another....and then maybe another snack after that...Then the parents will be making dinner...but she doesn't want to wait for dinner....shes hungry now...so they make her something quick to shut her up...When she is done with that she then wants dinner....Her parents will say No for about 5 minutes and then give in to the whining and give her dinner....then after that she needs dessert....then after that she needs another dessert. The girl does not know when to stop eating! I have never seen anything like it. The poor girl eats non stop from 3pm to 9pm just about every day...And my buddy and his wife are "couch Parents" so obviously they will give in to any demands the child has. It is just absurd.

Thats stupid they should control her eating and not give in to her whining

My parents made us drink milk with every dinner. Water with lunch or juice of some sort. We weren't allowed to posess soda pop lol. And like i said, we split the cake snacks once a day as our snack...

It was like b.e.g. Said- if the sun was out, my parents werent' really mad if we were inside, they were more suspicious as we really had nothing for inside, besides the video games, but those were for after dark before bedtime lmfao at my own country sucking so bad at the most simple thing... Keeping yourself alive of all things!!!

I dig, and correct me if i'm wrong, but its pistolfli's sig that reads:

Go cheesburgers!" after the debate the uk got into with some americans over obesity lol.

I agree, and what is with bacon going onto everything? Strips of fat to top it off or what?

I live in Orlando and work at a hotel so 90% of people come in go to disney and yes most are overweight! There's alot brits that flock here and most of them are pale and skinny but most americans that come here are from up north so I guess they dont get much exercise up in the cold states idk?

Agreed' date=' and good on you and your wife for making the time to eat healthy. It does take a little more effort but you just have to have the know how and then make the effort. Family values have definately changed as well. I believe that things can change for the better but it wont be easy. If we think about the last 10 years, companies didnt even have to list what was in their products and now they do. That is a significant policy shift that must have met huge resistance from corporations so there are steps being taken; it's just we wont see the changes overnight or even in our generation.[/quote']

What gets me about the whole faster and cheaper argument is that my wife and I actually sat down one month and worked out our budget compared to my brother and his girlfriend who don't have kids. Going out and buying groceries for a month (mind you this is for 2 adults and all 4 of our kids) is a few hundred dollars cheaper than eating McD's 2 weeks out of the month.

i really dont think its the fast food industry they have salads and grilled chicken wraps at mcdonalds its the people ordering the big macs so its there fault for making dumb **** choices if you want a big mac and large fries why not just split the meal with someone else so your not consuming as much

Yes, you are correct but it wasn't always this way. Salads and such were never always on their menu and werent popular enough to sell at McDees before the obesity campaign started. If people were going to McDees, they definately didnt want a salad. The only way companies change is if you appeal to their bottom line and that means demand. If people stop buying Big Macs and start demanding chicken salads, then that is what companies will sell and that is why you see McDees selling salads and such on their menu now.

Thats stupid they should control her eating and not give in to her whining

They "Try" just not hard enough. The child has the craziest temper tantrum. She won't stop crying until she throws up. That is usually what ends up happening. That is what you get with Couch Parents though.

Well I guess you can blame the parents at an early age but once they reach the 6th grade [you're 11 I think) you should know what's good and what's bad for you. They teach you this **** in school about all the chemicals that go into food all the calories, how obesity can affect you in the future and some people don't give a ****. Honestly i'm tired of people always blaming the parents when kids themselves can do something about it. I mean my parents never told me anything, I figured it out on my own. I eat junk food all the time but I work it off whenever I can, and besides 5'10" and 140 lbs is way better than 180 :eek:

And its happened in just the last decade' date=' because when i was in grade school, the fat kids didn't get to play with us at recess, and all the other kids, had royal rumbles in the cage sphere. We even had jumping contests lol. But the fat kids, knew that they were the outcast. Now, its almost as if fat people look down on "skinny" or in shape people as if it supposed to be obesity lmfao.[/quote']

I'll never forget the time I arm wrestled the fat kid in school. He outweighed me by a good 100 lbs and I whooped him. Everybody thought he was big and tough because he was so "big" but I made him look like the doughboy he was. Oh how I loved gym class. The fatties were so easy to hit in dodgeball. *lol*

I live in Orlando and work at a hotel so 90% of people come in go to disney and yes most are overweight! There's alot brits that flock here and most of them are pale and skinny but most americans that come here are from up north so I guess they dont get much exercise up in the cold states idk?

Actually the South is fatter than the north...go figure. Texas is the number 1 fattest state in america...true story.

What gets me about the whole faster and cheaper argument is that my wife and I actually sat down one month and worked out our budget compared to my brother and his girlfriend who don't have kids. Going out and buying groceries for a month (mind you this is for 2 adults and all 4 of our kids) is a few hundred dollars cheaper than eating McD's 2 weeks out of the month.

Yes, but it all depends on what you are buying at the store as well as number of mouths to feed. Also, it's not just fast food that is making people overweight. A lot of the foods they sell at the grocery store are just as bad for you. Sugar, salt (sodium) and fat, especially trans fats, are the main culprits and people should be paying most attention to the levels of these. Anything with a shelf life of 3 years cant be good for you, lol. I am willing to bet most people dont know the daily recommended amount of foods and servings of the food groups you are supposed to have.

Yes' date=' but it all depends on what you are buying at the store as well as number of mouths to feed. Also, it's not just fast food that is making people overweight. A lot of the foods they sell at the grocery store are just as bad for you. Sugar, salt (sodium) and fat, especially trans fats, are the main culprits and people should be paying most attention to the levels of these. Anything with a shelf life of 3 years cant be good for you, lol.[b'] I am willing to bet most people dont know the daily recommended amount of foods and servings of the food groups you are supposed to have[/b].

Niether does the FDA....seeing as how the food pyramid changes from time to time.

Yeah' date=' parents are part of the blame for sure. Television and video games are also a problem for kids. My opinion is that fear also plays a role. Parents are scared to let their kids go too far without supervision so its easier to let them stay inside all day and play video games or whatever. We are constantly hearing on the news about abductions or missing persons (ie Nancy Grace) It's no wonder we dont let our kids do anything. Also, how many families actually eat dinner around the table anymore without the television on? Gone are the days of a stay-at-home mom/dad as well. Unless one parent makes a really good living, both parents have to work and then who cooks at the end of the day? The Colonel cooks for you, that's who! I live in Canada and it is not that much different here; people are continuing to gain weight and the associated problems such as respiratory and cardiovascular disease are prompting our Province to take action in a Provincial Obesity Strategy. It focuses on nutrition, physical activuty, and treatment. I am not sure what the treatment aspect is as of yet but I am very keen to learn more about how our government is going to address this issue and what role we play as inidividuals.[/quote']

You don't need provincial strategy! It is common fuc*in sense! I am Canadian too - where are you?

Actually the South is fatter than the north...go figure. Texas is the number 1 fattest state in america...true story.

Yea I Agree! I thought it was alabama or somthing! lol but we stay in shape the humidity wont let you get fat down here!

You don't need provincial strategy! It is common fuc*in sense! I am Canadian too - where are you?

Lol, you would think so wouldn't you. I am in BC and we are have a draft plan ready to move forward on. I also grew up on a farm for 10 years prior to moving to the city and now I know what it takes to produce food as well as what to eat to stay healthy. Not saying that you need to grow up with cows, chickens, etc, but because we are more urbanized these days, kids are not learning or appreciating what goes into making and producing food; but they can sure as heck tell you what goes into a twinkie!

Yes, Texas is the fattest state but part of that is because the motto "bigger is better" is what drives corporate America. Vehicles, meals, and now people.

Lol' date=' you would think so wouldn't you. I am in BC and we are have a draft plan ready to move forward on. I also grew up on a farm for 10 years prior to moving to the city and now I know what it takes to produce food as well as what to eat to stay healthy. Not saying that you need to grow up with cows, chickens, etc, but because we are more urbanized these days, kids are not learning or appreciating what goes into making and producing food; but they can sure as heck tell you what goes into a twinkie![/quote']

I always say that if it doesn't come from the ground or at most one step removed, then it can't be good for you. And I am Ottawa born and raised - but I had great parents, so maybe that's it. :)

I always say that if it doesn't come from the ground or at most one step removed' date=' then it can't be good for you. And I am Ottawa born and raised - but I had great parents, so maybe that's it. :)[/quote']

Yet you are a Habs fan? God all your Sens Friends must hate you :)

Yet you are a Habs fan? God all your Sens Friends must hate you :)

No I am a Sens fan. They were gone - so I switched to the Habs as they are Canadian - it is not uncommon for people to do that here. If your own team isn't in the playoffs, then the next best Canadian team will do. But I live in Quebec as well - I am 6km from Ottawa - and the border of Quebec/Ontario. I only live here cause the real estate is much cheaper - so I bought my house here, in Quebec.

I have been to Disneyland 3 times in my 21 years on this earth. Every time I have been I have noticed that the people walking (or sitting) around Disneyland are absolutely massive. They sit there with their funnel cakes, cotton candy and heart monitors as I can see their arteries harden in their necks (if the neck is visible).

Is there a direct link between Disneyland and obesity? I have been pondering this revelation for a while now and I can't seem to figure out the connection. Out of anywhere I have ever been, I have never seen more obese people in my life than at Disneyland (Sunsplash coming in second). Is it because a lot of the rides at Disneyland were renovated to become "fat friendly"? Is this why they all gather? Or do they gather to munch on all the sugar coated treats and deep fried, heart stopping delights to add to their obesity? Why are we renovating the rides to assist these giant blobs? Isn't that just encouragement? "Oh, they'll just make accommodations for me, so I don't need a diet".

Am I the only one who has noticed this outrage? Stop accommodating for the morbidly obese! They are taking over my childhood kingdom!

This is america.

If you have the money you can take the ride.

No I am a Sens fan. They were gone - so I switched to the Habs as they are Canadian - it is not uncommon for people to do that here. If your own team isn't in the playoffs' date=' then the next best Canadian team will do. But I live in Quebec as well - I am 6km from Ottawa - and the border of Quebec/Ontario. I only live here cause the real estate is much cheaper - so I bought my house here, in Quebec.[/quote']

Cool. I was just curious. And ya...I saw all the Canadians jump ship when there Canada team was eliminated. It makes sense.

You'd think the desire to NOT be obese would be enough insentive to not be obese.... =|

Its truly an epidemic that will only get worse and tax America further and further concerning healthcare. Sadly there is not much outside individual responsibility that can be done. And thats why it will probably just get worse.

When are we going to start charging these parents with child abuse? Sure, it's not like you're beating your child, but you are slowly killing them by feeding them this crap and not giving them a structured diet. It's complete ********. There is no excuse. Time isn't an excuse, money isn't an excuse. Your kids health is more important than any of the latter.

Archived