Biggest UFC Upset in the last year

TigerChamp

pretty shocked by the cain destruction of big nog' date=' but i guess he doesnt get no love huh?[/quote']

that was very surprising. i mean i thought velasquez would have a chance to wear him out and finish nogueira in the third round, but boy i never really seen that coming. jds/cain/carwin are the guys that are going to come from out of thin air and destroy everybody in the division

maybe not so much of a disappointment or an upset at this point, but a year ago nobody really would have gave them this much of a chance.

i tried to give an even chance for every options. please no multiple votes people. i want to see if this ends up to be as even of a poll as i thought it would be. everybody has their difference of opinion, and im just trying to decipher the code.

that was very surprising. i mean i thought velasquez would have a chance to wear him out and finish nogueira in the third round' date=' but boy i never really seen that coming. jds/cain/carwin are the guys that are going to come from out of thin air and destroy everybody in the division

maybe not so much of a disappointment or an upset at this point, but a year ago nobody really would have gave them this much of a chance[/quote']

yeah, i wasnt a fan of cain, but putting the nog out in the first rd. thats impressive, call me old school :\

How is JDS/Carwin/Velasquez exploding into the heavyweight division an upset or disappointment?

its not...really. but it is pretty surprising! i just threw #9 in there for ***** and giggles. as cain walked right through nogueira, carwin completely owned frank mir, and jds has been steamrolling through the rest of them. a year ago, nobody would have ever thought that carwin will be able to knock brock out, along with the rest of these guys, but now these guys have stormed onto the scene and made a name for themselves as a legitamate threat for the belt.

thats what is upsetting about these guys, because a year ago most people would have counted them out, and now it is the other way around

and besides, if mir could have beaten carwin, and nogueira could have beaten cain, chances are they would have been next in line for the title shot, but the veterans of the sport got completely annihilated in a way that not many people could have predicted. that's why it was an upset

For me it was a big debate between the BJ and Dan Henderson things. I voted for BJ's failure at LW.

But i dont think Henderson took the fight seriously and really trained at all... Him getting outwrestled by a WW just doesnt sit right with me. I think a well trained Dan would outwrestle GSP, and GSP would outwrestle Shields.

I put down Hendo. I didn't get to watch the fight because I recorded it on my DVR which stopped recording at 9 that night, right before the fight. So I didn't get to watch it, but I was like, "****. Hendo's got this fight in the bag. No worries."

One hour after I got home, I read "Shields upsets Dan Henderson in 5 Round Decision". I was like "Son of a b**ch!"

deff henderson having that big KO of bisping and then he LEAVES! then he gets dominated in the 2-5th round of STRIKFART against JAKE ***** SHIELDS. biggest dissapointment both on hendersons side for losing(but maybe hes getting old) and Dana, the filthy rich guy who cant offer dan more money to stay in the UFC. very dissapointing and shocking.

Archived