Stephan Bonnar

shaggamuffins

I understand that a lot of people think that he will never be cut from the UFC, but at this point I would think he should he be in one of the unaired fights. I mean he's coming off 3 straight losses and on the same card Kendall Grove is fighting, unaired. Im not a Grove fan or anything, I just think its weird. Do people really enjoy watching him fight that much or is it just a bit of favoritism? I'm not knocking the guy, I just don't find him that entertaining and cant justify why this is. I also understand that the fight is a while away and could change, just curious what you guys/gals think.

I understand that a lot of people think that he will never be cut from the UFC' date=' but at this point I would think he should he be in one of the unaired fights. I mean he's coming off 3 straight losses and on the same card Kendall Grove is fighting, unaired. Im not a Grove fan or anything, I just think its weird. Do people really enjoy watching him fight that much or is it just a bit of favoritism? I'm not knocking the guy, I just don't find him that entertaining and cant justify why this is. I also understand that the fight is a while away and could change, just curious what you guys/gals think.[/quote']

i dont like him. hes 0-3 in his last 3 fights so is Keith Jardine but atleast Jardine is entertaining. IMO if he loses this fight at UFC 116 cut him.

If he was someone else, yes- he would likely be on the undercard or cut.

If he was held to the same standard as almost everyone else, yes- he would likely be on the undercard or cut.

He has been given a permanent place in the UFC according to DW. So he won't be cut. But I've gotta imagine the undercard isn't off limits. Can't use standards or reason here though- Bonnar is a special case according to DW.

I like him. He always comes to fight. He never quits. And personally I've never seen him in a boring fight. I read alot about people talking about fighters with great skill but are boring to watch. But these fighters like Bonnar, Lytle, Fisher are the guys that may not have the most skill or only win half their fights but if their name is on a card. That fight is one you can count on being entertaining. Which i think is enough reason to keep bringing them back.

I think stephan bonnar should replace mike goldberg as an announcer. Hes already got experience as a talk show anlyst on MMALIVE. As a fighter he doesnt make waves or even ripples in his division. A fighter like Stephan shows why the UFC is more of a business headed by one hottempered bald man instead of a fair sports organization.

I honestly think that Bonnar could have more exciting fights if he took it to the ground more. The jiu jitsu he showed against Mike Nickels was some of the best I've seen in the UFC, and I think if he used that more he'd be able to put a decent string of wins together.

I think stephan bonnar should replace mike goldberg as an announcer. Hes already got experience as a talk show anlyst on MMALIVE. As a fighter he doesnt make waves or even ripples in his division. A fighter like Stephan shows why the UFC is more of a business headed by one hottempered bald man instead of a fair sports organization.

Have you heard him talk? lol he sounds kinda funny

you ****ing morons must enjoy it when theres a three week wait between shows, do you? if the UFC cut bonnar and every fighter with similar records maybe we could get to wait five or six weeks between shows. then you'd be real happy.

stephan bonnar is a warior i can't remember ever seeing him in a dull fight, he's never been knocked out TKO'd or submited.

lets look at his three loss streak.

last fight against christoph schozinski (i know thats spelt wrong) doctor stoppage due to a cut from a head butt in what i thought was an awsome fight

lost a decision to mark coleman i didn't see it, i unuderstand it was pure lay and pray.

jon jones (MMA's hottest prospect) beat the living crap out of him, threw him around like a wet letuce and hit him with an elbow that would have knocked out god. and he just kept going kept banging when 95% of fighters in the UFC would have been looking a way out.

the dude is a warior. he might not be the best, but he definatly diserves his place in the UFC.

so **** you and **** every moron who wants him or any other warior to be cut.

you ****ing morons must enjoy it when theres a three week wait between shows' date=' do you? if the UFC cut bonnar and every fighter with similar records maybe we could get to wait five or six weeks between shows. then you'd be real happy.

stephan bonnar is a warior i can't remember ever seeing him in a dull fight, he's never been knocked out TKO'd or submited.

lets look at his three loss streak.

last fight against christoph schozinski (i know thats spelt wrong) doctor stoppage due to a cut from a head butt in what i thought was an awsome fight

lost a decision to mark coleman i didn't see it, i unuderstand it was pure lay and pray.

jon jones (MMA's hottest prospect) beat the living crap out of him, threw him around like a wet letuce and hit him with an elbow that would have knocked out god. and he just kept going kept banging when 95% of fighters in the UFC would have been looking a way out.

the dude is a warior. he might not be the best, but he definatly diserves his place in the UFC.

so **** you and **** every moron who wants him or any other warior to be cut.[/quote']

Again, it was more of a question of should he still be on the main card, read then comment please.

Again' date=' it was more of a question of should he still be on the main card, read then comment please.[/quote']

the hate was more for the people who posted after you wanting him cutt, but their was some for you for suggesting he's boring. the schozinski fight was amazing and i'm looking forward to the rematch.

I understand that a lot of people think that he will never be cut from the UFC' date=' but at this point I would think he should he be in one of the unaired fights. I mean he's coming off 3 straight losses and on the same card Kendall Grove is fighting, unaired. Im not a Grove fan or anything, I just think its weird. Do people really enjoy watching him fight that much or is it just a bit of favoritism? I'm not knocking the guy, I just don't find him that entertaining and cant justify why this is. I also understand that the fight is a while away and could change, just curious what you guys/gals think.[/quote']

Bonner has a huge fan base so he draws viewers. On top of that Dana White feels loyal to both Bonner and Griffin for a reason. Those two single handedly made people love MMA in a huge way.

bonner has a huge fan base so he draws viewers. On top of that dana white feels loyal to both bonner and griffin for a reason. Those two single handedly made people love mma in a huge way.

so true man! Me and my father liked watching all the time, but after that season and the finale, with how much class they showed after going the extra round and everything, it got my youngest brothers and my sister and mother watching it too. Even my grandma watches some of them with my mom.

Half the reason the ufc's taken off was due to that first season man, no doubt about that.

Dana owes it to them in my eyes. They set the stage for so much money to be made by dana, it shouldbn't matter what they do as long as they have a job with the ufc.

I wanna see forrest commentate with joe when he retires man. Both funny, and knowlegable

I like Stephan a lot. The dude is the real badass of the promotion. He has never been finished and never stops coming. Dana has said often enough it's not just about winning its about putting on a fight the fans want to see. They should never cut Bonnar so long as he makes every fight he is in good.

That being said- he really needs to work on his stand up, it's way too tight, he tries to muscle his punches too much. Ever since he bulked up his striking game has just gotten too blocky.

Jardine is exciting to watch. You never know what is going to happen.

... you always know what's going to happen. He is a great fighter. Every fight is the same. He is winning and then he gets dropped or KO'd. No chin. I think the only thing he should be cut for is safety reasons. Or at least forced to take a break and see if it helps his chin.

I often wonder with Bonner if the contract for life deal he has is more of a hindrance than a help. Most fighters are fighting for their career when they step in the octagon knowing a couple of bad losses could mean the end of their UFC chances.

Does not having that motivation effect him?

i often wonder with bonner if the contract for life deal he has is more of a hindrance than a help. Most fighters are fighting for their career when they step in the octagon knowing a couple of bad losses could mean the end of their ufc chances.

Does not having that motivation effect him?

that, and like stated before, he built so many fans with just one fight. And like stated beofe, dana doesn't plan on making him leave unless he wants to. And he has been in trouble for steroids at that. Its all about what makes money, and forrest and stephan do just that for dana.

I haven't really liked many of stephans fights that i saw after the forrest 1 fight. He's mediocre in their level of fighting, but that ne fight changed everything for mma and his life in mma and making money with it

Why everyvone is so open to cutting fighters. I say let them stay as they long as they want. I will watch Jardine or Bonnar even if they lose their next ffve fights. UFC cuts so many good fighters Leites, Gouveia, Coleman... and then they stick with this TUF fighters all the time like Danzig and so on. I would even keep Al Turk in the UFC

Bonnar isn't going anywhere and he shouldn't. Like it was said on the first page, if it wasn't for Bonnar vs. Griffin 1 no one would be here. Hell, UFC might not even be here still. Dana has said he has a place in UFC as long as he wants it, as well as Forrest and I agree with that 100%. A lot of people complain about how Hendo left for instance, or how Dana and UFC underpay fighters, ect. This, with Bonnar and Griffin, is an example of the opposite of what those people are whining about. These guys brought the UFC on the map again, and they deserve a permanent home.

Also, whoever posted something about steroids...do you have a link for this or are you just making **** up?

Bonnar isn't going anywhere and he shouldn't. Like it was said on the first page' date=' if it wasn't for Bonnar vs. Griffin 1 no one would be here. Hell, UFC might not even be here still. Dana has said he has a place in UFC as long as he wants it, as well as Forrest and I agree with that 100%. A lot of people complain about how Hendo left for instance, or how Dana and UFC underpay fighters, ect. This, with Bonnar and Griffin, is an example of the opposite of what those people are whining about. These guys brought the UFC on the map again, and they deserve a permanent home.

Also, whoever posted something about steroids...do you have a link for this or are you just making **** up?[/quote']

Bonner has been busted.

He does looked ripped most of the tmie too.

bonnar isn't going anywhere and he shouldn't. Like it was said on the first page' date=' if it wasn't for bonnar vs. Griffin 1 no one would be here. Hell, ufc might not even be here still. Dana has said he has a place in ufc as long as he wants it, as well as forrest and i agree with that 100%. A lot of people complain about how hendo left for instance, or how dana and ufc underpay fighters, ect. This, with bonnar and griffin, is an example of the opposite of what those people are whining about. These guys brought the ufc on the map again, and they deserve a permanent home.

Also, whoever posted something about steroids...do you have a link for this or are you just making **** up?[/quote']

lmfao, his suspension maybe? And there are many many fighters that use steroids bud. I know pro's in tx that actually brew their own and sell some to make theirs free and turn a profit. Even if its just a legal prohormone sold at nutrition stores, its steroids. They are made of the same thing, just lower doses and used orally.

Get reall man, everybody knows he got popped. Same as sherk, who claimed it was from a prior testee's urine not being cleaned properly? Either way, steroids are in sports, even the precious mma man. And people think they help so much, but its not always the case.

http://www.mmaworld.org/showthread.php?t=1054

Bonner and Griffin can lose 10 fights in a row and still be employed by the UFC. Bonner did a lot for the UFC/MMA and he's being rewarded for it. He always comes prepared and ready to fight and when his opponents allow it, he throws down. When was the last time someone just stood toe to toe with him? Jones threw him on his head a lot, Coleman humped him, etc

Archived