I miss Pride

Leiting

I miss how the ring made it feel so timeless and classic like boxing...though I'll admit the octagon is in my opinion more suited to MMA, the ring made me feel I was watching an honorable sport something I don't often get from cages.

I miss the Pride audience. UFC fans are rabid, and that's all well and good for a heated grudge fight, but Pride's audience respected the sport and was much more into longer drawn out technical ground games.

I miss the Pride rules.

I miss the Pride entrance stage.

I miss hearing and seeing Japanese everywhere. It made it somehow more worldly, like it was bigger than any one country.

I miss open weight GP.

I always loved UFC, and if I had a choice I of course would take UFC over Pride, but I still miss those days. I loved being able to watch both, and in a weird way, I missed day dreaming about Pride/UFC match ups...that doesn't happen anymore. Any fantasy match up I more or less chalk up to simply being a matter of time, and usually I'm right.

I miss how the ring made it feel so timeless and classic like boxing...though I'll admit the octagon is in my opinion more suited to MMA' date=' the ring made me feel I was watching an honorable sport something I don't often get from cages.

I miss the Pride audience. UFC fans are rabid, and that's all well and good for a heated grudge fight, but Pride's audience respected the sport and was much more into longer drawn out technical ground games.

I miss the Pride rules.

I miss hearing and seeing Japanese everywhere. It made it somehow more worldly, like it was bigger than any one country.

I miss open weight GP.

I always loved UFC, and if I had a choice I of course would take UFC over Pride, but I still miss those days. I loved being able to watch both, and in a weird way, I missed day dreaming about Pride/UFC match ups...that doesn't happen anymore. Any fantasy match up I more or less chalk up to simply being a matter of time, and usually I'm right.[/quote']

Dream does a good job but its no Pride...

I miss how the ring made it feel so timeless and classic like boxing...though I'll admit the octagon is in my opinion more suited to MMA' date=' the ring made me feel I was watching an honorable sport something I don't often get from cages.

I miss the Pride rules.

I miss open weight GP.

I always loved UFC, and if I had a choice I of course would take UFC over Pride, but I still miss those days. I loved being able to watch both, and in a weird way, I missed day dreaming about Pride/UFC match ups...that doesn't happen anymore. Any fantasy match up I more or less chalk up to simply being a matter of time, and usually I'm right.[/quote']

i never saw PRIDE when it was around so i went out and spent $140 and bought every event on DVD and it was the best investment i ever made in my life...i recommend to any MMA fan or PRIDE faithful

I miss, that good fighters and great match-ups werent a luxury. Every card had 9 mUFC main events. They didnt care about building images as much. It was more about fighting.Everyone fought everyone. No fighting 3or 4 times in 2yrs GSP kind of garbage. They were more active and it brought the best out of the fighters sooner. Knees on the ground, are crucial in fighting. Nothing better than watching Shogun or Vanderlei trying to stomp heads through the canvas, and no cage to help wrestlers. Sakuraba vs. Rampage- FEDOR-60000 fans. Henderson's entire time there, he was a youinger wild wolverine swinging. Kharitonov was very exciting. CRO-COP before piss tests. Volvchanchin the original Russian bomber. Mark Kerr juiced and and drugged Man-Handling everyone.Frye hockey fight. Coleman destroying Allen Goes. Renzo getting knocked out by the wind of Henderson's punch.Sakuraba breaking Renzo's arm&not tapping. Randleman head-spiking FEDOR, Randleman vs.RAmpage nasty finish. Randleman KOing CRO-Cop. Rampage leaking out his eye still hanging on the ropes from an axe murderous knee. FEDOR vs, Noguera 1. Big Tom Erirkson. Liddell looking lost against Rampage. The Jui Juitzu legends,Sperry,Bustamante, Nog,Nog,Arona. Marco Ruas. That Elvis Juitz guy taking a beating then KOing Saku with a knee. Big Nog putting the beat down on Mark Coleman. Allistair and shogun 1&2. Ninja the grinding machine.Shogun kicking the **** out of Rampage to avenge his brothers iffy loss.I could go on and on. I was a Pride guy over UFC when Pride was the place.Hell Chuck is one of the few guys to even risk going over,lest Dana White scorn you. I love the UFC,But Pride was more about the fighting and really finding the best fighter.UFC is great but the **** are fake.

I miss the Pride rules.

I miss open weight GP.

I miss Pride as much as any Hardcore MMA fan, I miss soccer kicks, foot stomps, knees to a grounded opponent, and of course the yellow card system, and no 10 point must system. And the Grand Prix's

Pride was the only international company that involved almost every country that did MMA.

Who doesnt love the japanese screaming lady, and of Shockwave introductions......EPIC

Archived